Homebrew Converting NeoGeo roms for use on the NeoDS, to play on my CycloDS Ev

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I followed this guy's tutorial *links to stuff that might be against rules in vid* which was very helpfull but when I reached the part where I actually convert my rom to a .neo file I only got a neogeo.neo file, no samurai showdown 5.neo. I used the neodsconvert.bat file I made just like the tutorial says and no luck. I'd like to post the link to the bios I'm using and the vid, but I don't know if thats against the rules.

The diffrence between my files the tutorial guy's files is his were .rar and mine .zip, dunno if that might be a problem...but I can't think of what I'm doing wrong.

Do I need to edit the NeoDsConvert.bat and add the mame name after my bios selection like the wiki says? the youtube video didn't do this and his worked.

Example: NeoDsConvert.exe -bios5 mslug

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/NeoDS

PROBLEM SOLVED: The problem was my rom files weren't using the mame name, you can't just name the rom Samurai Shodown V. You have to use the format mame uses, which for Samurai shodown special spirits was samsho5sp. I couldn't find a list of the proper mame names so I found adiffrent rom site instead that already used them.

NEW PROBLEM:.......yeah-Well I'm doing everything I've done before and I'm trying to convert Megaman 2 The Power Fighters, Marvel VS Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom and ALL 3 failed to convert. Here's what I did, I used the proper MAME label for the files, all games have .bin files not .rom , and finaly I tried -bios0-11 (only on megaman 2 TPF, but I tried at least 5 bios on the other 2 games) and nothing worked. Any help would be apreciated.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Darkcloak said:
I'm trying to convert Megaman 2 The Power Fighters, Marvel VS Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom and ALL 3 failed to convert.

do not bump, it is against the rules. give people an oppertunity to find your post and respond to it. we do not type on your schedule.

the neods emu supports the neogeo roms that run on neodrvr.c. the list of supported games can be found here: http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/neogeo

-another world

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
do not bump, it is against the rules. give people an oppertunity to find your post and respond to it. we do not type on your schedule.

He did wait 9 days, and in this case he actually solved his original problem and only yesterday edited in a new issue he's having. Since the edit would only change the "new post" marker but not bump it up, that's what the purpose of the bump was. I think in this case it's acceptable.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I just HAPPENED to convert compatible roms by sheer luck on my first try
biggrin.gif

So theres nothing I can do to try and get Megaman 2 The Power Fighters, Marvel VS Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom to work on NeoDS?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, those games are for the CPS2 arcade system, not the Neo Geo. AFAIK there is no CPS2 emulator on the DS, I know there is one on the PSP though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD