Converting DSone game files to DStwo

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Pragmatic Hippy, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Pragmatic Hippy
    OP

Pragmatic Hippy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2013
    Hello all,

I've been stalking the forums for a while and have found many a useful piece of information, so first off a big thank you to the community for that.

The question I can't find an answer for, and I hope I haven't missed it somewhere is - I had a DSone that served me well but died so I decided to get a DStwo (after reading from this forum that it was the best), I was hoping to just dump my files directly onto my new Micro SD card and go from there but I'm now learning it's not as simple as all that, I'd been keen to keep my saved games.

So in short - is there a way I can convert a *.nds.dsq & *.nds.sav into what I believe the dstwo needs i.e. *.nds, *.SAV & a *.dtc ?

I did try simply renaming the extensions but with no luck

Any help much appreciated.

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    first back up all *.nds.sav files

*.nds will work just find on both.
    *.nds.sav just rename to *.sav, if that dosent work try somthing like this.
    *.nds.dsq I am guessing ROM setting file? just delete them.

3. stylemalls7
    This message by stylemalls7 has been removed from public view by Depravo, Jun 30, 2013.
    Jun 30, 2013
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Great, another spambot.

Anyway...
    I think .dsq are real time saves.

As said, just rename .nds.sav to .sav, the .nds.dsq files (if they are real time saves) you may not be able to transfer, but save ingame before you transfer your saves and this shouldn't be a problem.

5. Pragmatic Hippy
    OP

Pragmatic Hippy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2013
    Hey Kazo & Jdbye, thank you for the replies.

I don't think the .nds.dsq are real time saves I am pretty confident that they are the .nds files, but with something a little odd added/changed in them.

They are the right size ~20-50MB depending on the game and I have nothing else on my old SD card other than *.nds.dsq & .nds.sav.

Like I said I tried simply renaming the .nds.dsq. files to just .nds but it's not working, I would simply go back to the original .nds files and just try and reuse the .sav files but I don't have any of the original .nds files on my laptop anymore.

6. saiyanlord

saiyanlord Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    I don't think there is a way to convert the .nds.dsq files back to .nds you'll have to download them again

7. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    I have DS1's DS1 minis and DS 2's and of the DS1's I can not find a sigle file with a dual file type. I have .NDS files, .DSO, .DTC. Save, . set, .OPT. but no DSq or

For the record, although it might be possible, I have had no success in being able to transfer anything but the NDS file over to the DS2 from eith the DS1 or DS1 mini. Good Luck with that. (IMO & for my needs, the DS12 and DE1 mini is just as good (a second runner up) to my DS2 card, with the exception of the obvious things it can not do, that only the DS2 can... I know this was probably of little help, but hopfully the comparison would offer an addtional clue. If you do get anywhere I'd like to know myself... ALso I'm running standard DS1 & Mini software with no additonal add ons of anykind, just for simplicity reasons...
    Chao
    Tyger

8. Pragmatic Hippy
    OP

Pragmatic Hippy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2013
    Sayian, syfy,

Thank you for the replies. It's nice to have an answer even if it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for I might keep having a little play around and see if I can work anything out but it's not looking likely.

In other news renaming the .nds.sav files to .SAV files and using it with a new .nds file seems to have worked for the one game I have tried so far but I didn't play around with it too much. Anyway at least that's something as long as I'm able to get all of my .nds files again.

9. dajavax

dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    Mexico
    Monterrey
    wasn't dsq used in the slot-2 supercard sd... and supercard minisd?... im pretty sure you didn't have a dsone... anyways, if that's the case, you need to redownload/redump the roms... the sav files should hopefully just work the way they are

10. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    .dsq was used on the GBA series of the SC yes.

11. Pragmatic Hippy
    OP

Pragmatic Hippy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2013
    dajavax

You are indeed correct I didn't have a DSone at all it was a supercard SD.

I have begun reaquiring my old roms at least the .sav files seem to be working well though.