ROM Hack converting cxi\3dsx files to roms and loading them via sky3ds

Dekronoth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the place for this..But I was wonderimg if there was a way to load devmenu as a rom using sky3ds?

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While michyprima is correct, he didn't really give any explanation as to why. Basically, the reason is that sky3ds works by imitating the behavior of a legitimate cartridge. In other words, the 3DS is incapable of telling the difference between a sky3ds and an actual game cartridge. While this means Nintendo can't break it with an update, it has the downside of only allowing code signed by Nintendo to run, as it still checks the signature. This enables you to run pirated games, as the signature is just as valid for a pirated copy as it is for a legitimate copy, but if there's no signed copy of something available (like the devmenu) it means it unfortunately can't be run using sky3ds.

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While michyprima is correct, he didn't really give any explanation as to why. Basically, the reason is that sky3ds works by imitating the behavior of a legitimate cartridge. In other words, the 3DS is incapable of telling the difference between a sky3ds and an actual game cartridge. While this means Nintendo can't break it with an update, it has the downside of only allowing code signed by Nintendo to run, as it still checks the signature. This enables you to run pirated games, as the signature is just as valid for a pirated copy as it is for a legitimate copy, but if there's no signed copy of something available (like the devmenu) it means it unfortunately can't be run using sky3ds.

it isn't true it can't be broken. It can. it's proven.

Also, I didn't give any explanation because I'm sick of seeing the same questions over and over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-