converting cxi\3dsx files to roms and loading them via sky3ds

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Dekronoth, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Dekronoth
    OP

Dekronoth Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Not sure if this is the place for this..But I was wonderimg if there was a way to load devmenu as a rom using sky3ds?

2. michyprima

michyprima GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2014
    Italy
    No

Glisern likes this.
  3. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    While michyprima is correct, he didn't really give any explanation as to why. Basically, the reason is that sky3ds works by imitating the behavior of a legitimate cartridge. In other words, the 3DS is incapable of telling the difference between a sky3ds and an actual game cartridge. While this means Nintendo can't break it with an update, it has the downside of only allowing code signed by Nintendo to run, as it still checks the signature. This enables you to run pirated games, as the signature is just as valid for a pirated copy as it is for a legitimate copy, but if there's no signed copy of something available (like the devmenu) it means it unfortunately can't be run using sky3ds.

4. michyprima

michyprima GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2014
    Italy
    it isn't true it can't be broken. It can. it's proven.

Also, I didn't give any explanation because I'm sick of seeing the same questions over and over.