Gaming converting cso to iso

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is it safe to convert cso to iso? i mean would it be able to retain all its original size and all that? is there a downside except for bigger file size?

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Think of it like ZIP compression, it doesn't remove or damage the file, but instead "compresses" the file in order to save space. A CSO will load slower on a PSP but will save space if you have limited memory.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ISO is the original and CSO is the compressed one, actually, so uncompressing from CSO to ISO is fine. I've done it for a game or two that had laggy FMVs as a CSO when I didn't want to try turning it back into a CSO multiple time at different compression levels to find the right one, 'ya know?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Occasionally you run into issues when you decompress with a different tool that was used for the initial compression.

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Occasionally you run into issues when you decompress with a different tool that was used for the initial compression.

thanks for the replies guys, lol that was one of my concern. is there anyway to know which program they used? and also is it really true that there are many different version of compressing to cso?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No there's no way to tell, yes there are many ways to compress. If you're worried always opt for ISO's and compress to CSO's yourself as and when required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb