Homebrew Convert Pokemon Diamond save file to Pokemon Platinum save file?

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it at all possible? I would like to convert my Pokemon Diamond save file (which originated from a legit game card and has been played on a DSTWO using cheats codes) onto my legit copy of Pokemon Platinum in order to transfer my legit Pokemon onto Pokemon Bank. I have tried Pokesav and Pokegen with no luck. Also, is there a way to make illegit Pokemon acquired via cheats with abnormal stats and whatnot legit using a tool? And I only have about 20 days left to use Pokemon Bank!!

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can only use Black, White, Black2 and White 2 for transfer in Pokébank. So the best for you is to use the Poketransfer like this:

Pkm Diamond> Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 > Pokémon Bank

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can only use Black, White, Black2 and White 2 for transfer in Pokébank. So the best for you is to use the Poketransfer like this:

Pkm Diamond> Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 > Pokémon Bank
The Pokemon Bank app says you can use Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Trasnporter is for Black/Black 2. I don't have a copy of the gen 5 games. Could I maybe send you my save file and you convert it to Pokemon Platinum for me?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon Bank app says you can use Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Trasnporter is for Black/Black 2. I don't have a copy of the gen 5 games. Could I maybe send you my save file and you convert it to Pokemon Platinum for me?

You can only transfer the pokemon from gen5 to poketransporter than from there send them to pokebank.
Even if there was a way to convert the save file it would not matter as you do not have the 5th generation of pokemon. The only to options you have are

1. Buying Pokemon White, Black, White 2, black 2\
or
2. Getting a friend or someone on the temp to transfer your pokemon to their [Buying Pokemon White, Black, White 2, black 2\] and then send it to your pokemon game.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can only transfer the pokemon from gen5 to poketransporter than from there send them to pokebank.
Even if there was a way to convert the save file it would not matter as you do not have the 5th generation of pokemon. The only to options you have are

1. Buying Pokemon White, Black, White 2, black 2\
or
2. Getting a friend or someone on the temp to transfer your pokemon to their [Buying Pokemon White, Black, White 2, black 2\] and then send it to your pokemon game.
Okay, I have borrowed Pokemon White 2 from my friend, but am reluctant to transfer my save file onto his because I had copied his Pokemon Platinum save file onto my DSTWO and then tried copying my Diamond save file onto it. Seeing that it would not work, I decided to restore his save file. Upon restoring it, it said the save was corrupted. Confused, I used his save file in my DSTWO by loading up the ROM, and even that said it was corrupted. So I don't feel comfortable transferring save files onto his copy of White 2 anymore. However, he might let me use it after he transfers his Pokemon to Pokemon Bank accepting that risk, so would someone kindly transfer my Pokemon Diamond Pokemon onto Pokemon White 2?

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From Diamond to Buying Pokemon White, Black, White 2, black 2, im not sure but i think you can
From Pokemon White, Black, White 2, black 2 to pokeTransporter yes
What I'm trying to do is put all the Pokemon from my save file of Diamond onto a White 2 save file. I have a .pkm file of all my Pokemon but I have no idea what I can do with it, as none of the tools I used did anything with/supported pkm files.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a original copy of pokemon white 2?
This will only work if you have the original copy from what i understand.
And even if you have the original copy of the game its still far from my knowledge on how to take the pkm files and put them in to your game besides using the gts method.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a original copy of pokemon white 2?
This will only work if you have the original copy from what i understand.
And even if you have the original copy of the game its still far from my knowledge on how to take the pkm files and put them in to your game besides using the gts method.
Like I said, yes, I am borrowing my friend's copy of White 2.
What is the GTS method?

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, yes, I am borrowing my friend's copy of White 2.
What is the GTS method?

Oh than not really sure of to transfer .
Gts method (i just called it that) is just uploading a pokemon from your computer (your .pkm file) via website then uploading to your pokemon white 2 gts. it takes a while but it might not be as good if you have like 300 pokemon.

Sascha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also looked into this but I couldn't find any good solution for transfering many Pokemon through homebrew, with or without legit copies.
You just have to stick to the legit way. So either trade your Pokemon to your copy of Platinum (Maybe cheat Masterballs on there to speed up the process?) or use your old diamond cartridge.

From there it needs maybe an hour or two to transfer them to White 2, I tried it myself with a few hundred. Nothing impossible if you're looking a movie meanwhile. :)
And the final transfer to XY isn't perfect, but even faster.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also looked into this but I couldn't find any good solution for transfering many Pokemon through homebrew, with or without legit copies.
You just have to stick to the legit way. So either trade your Pokemon to your copy of Platinum (Maybe cheat Masterballs on there to speed up the process?) or use your old diamond cartridge.

From there it needs maybe an hour or two to transfer them to White 2, I tried it myself with a few hundred. Nothing impossible if you're looking a movie meanwhile. :)
And the final transfer to XY isn't perfect, but even faster.
Oh hell no... I'd hate to trade 350+ Pokemon one by one -.- If someone else would be willing to do it, however... Plus, you'll get to keep a copy of the save file, which includes all those Pokemon ;)

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rip all the pkm files from the diamond save with either Pokesav or Pokegen. (Pokesav has a batch export for entire boxes, and I am pretty sure pokegen does not)
use either pokecheck.org or Poké Transfer to convert them to 5th gen pkm files.
use either Pokesav or Pokegen to insert all the new pkm files in to a 5th gen save file.
get the save file on to a retail copy of a 5th gen game using either savegame-manager with a flashcart and a dsphat or dslite, or use something like the R4i save dongle.

now you can send then to pokebank one box at a time.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hell no... I'd hate to trade 350+ Pokemon one by one -.- If someone else would be willing to do it, however... Plus, you'll get to keep a copy of the save file, which includes all those Pokemon ;)

Transfering your Pokemon from diamond to white 2 requires you to use the Nintendo ds download play services.
I would do it but I think there are compatible flash carts that have suck wireless communications but I don't have a flash cart.
The only way to do it is by having to sadly transfer ALL 350+ Pokemon. Unless of course someone else has a flash cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over