Hacking Convert NDS homebrew to .cia installables?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I was wondering if this is possible
Like you know how gameyob ds can be installed as a dsiware
I want to convert nesDS to a cia file and install it on my 3ds like i did with gameyob
NesDS is the best nes emulator for old3ds i know theres quickness and retroarch but they have horrible color palatte
Is there any way how to convert this nds to .cia i tried the dsiware scripts but they don't work
Or is there a dsi homebrew launcher that works in 133mhz mode on 3ds?

Last edited by NoNAND,
Reactions: Deleted User

Fragma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only reason gameyob dsiware is possible is because it also got released as a Dsi app.
NesDS was only released as DS app, so the answer to your question is no, you can't convert it to cia.

Porting the emulator might be possible though.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason gameyob dsiware is possible is because it also got released as a Dsi app.
NesDS was only released as DS app, so the answer to your question is no, you can't convert it to cia.

Porting the emulator might be possible though.

The Mario Kart DS demo and some of the other download station demos have already been converted to cia format so I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done with nesds and other ds homebrew as well though you would need to manually dldi patch it first. Thanks to the same Luma patches that make nds-bootstrap work DS mode software has full access to the SD card and it's not like it is trying to read from the cart slot like a commercial game would.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X