Convert Japanese Action Replay Code To US Version

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by altarclash, Dec 7, 2012.

1. altarclash
    OP

Newcomer altarclash Newbie

United States
    I'm very new to the Nintendo DS so don't know much about it but I've seen this asked everywhere.

Is there any known way to convert Action Replay codes between versions for the Nintendo DS, and are there any programs that can help in creating or manipulating codes for the DS.

Also does anyone know if DS roms have headers or not.. Please help.

2. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    no if the game doesn't store the things on the same place

emulators like Demune have a search build in to create your own codes-
    For manupulating depends on what you mean with manipulating.

Yes they have but it's an integral part of the rom itself and not something that is added by the copier like it was the case on SNES.

3. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    also...
    kind of...
    you need to create you own codes for some first and then see if the difference is the same in the japanese game... but see this only is pertinent if there is no big changes in the game from one language to the other.. so max hp is this in one game and in the english its this then in the other max strength is this and in the other its this... if the distance (hex size) between the two (max hp and max strenght) is the same between both versions then you could take that to mean the rest follows as the same and test it...
    I hope this makes sense...
    go to kodewerx.net (if it still exists and see its guide on code creation) or j to u code porting.
    making your own codes reallly isn't that hard...