Convert a .pchtxt file into .ips?

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
There's a mod I want to use in .pchtxt format, which my console doesn't recognise as modifying the game. I'm told I need to convert it into .ips. Any idea how to do it? Google won't help!

Many thanks in advance!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't tend to convert patch formats.
Most will apply the one format and then regenerate it using another format.
That said a search pchtxt as I had not heard of it before landed me on https://github.com/3096/ipswitch/tree/master/example which apparently can convert.

I will note however IPS is limited to slightly under 16 megabytes, in place patching (basically anything PS1 or newer, or DS or newer is out unless you want large patches)/won't relocate data if you move it, ( struggles to expand files (usually same lists as before but can include others) and has no verification (sometimes good, sometimes bad, generally good if you want to ensure you are patching the right file and not using the wrong version of a game). This is why people moved away from it.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
You don't tend to convert patch formats.
Most will apply the one format and then regenerate it using another format.
That said a search pchtxt as I had not heard of it before landed me on https://github.com/3096/ipswitch/tree/master/example which apparently can convert.

I will note however IPS is limited to slightly under 16 megabytes, in place patching (basically anything PS1 or newer, or DS or newer is out unless you want large patches)/won't relocate data if you move it, ( struggles to expand files (usually same lists as before but can include others) and has no verification (sometimes good, sometimes bad, generally good if you want to ensure you are patching the right file and not using the wrong version of a game). This is why people moved away from it.

It's limited, but isn't it the only way to make mods work on Atmosphere?

I've now found some links on IP Switch but have struggled to make sense out of how I'm supposed to use all these files to turn it into a program that converts files. There's apparently an 'ipswitch.nro' file out there, too. Can I use it alongside apps like Tinfoil to do the converting on the console itself? That would definitely help, as I have no idea how to do it on my PC.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Does anybody know anything about the .nro app? There is no description or instructions online, just a message that only an older version of the file works. What it does though, I can only imagine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny