Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id even prefer this sega saturn one
b8b53154933ab26a76a6be2c16d22161.jpg

Over this abomination below

jigmmtjx8xabxftkpsf7.png
Sorry but I don't agreed with you. Sega Saturn one was so ugly. This one is nice and interest. Can't wait to experience it in my hands to feel it. You need to think twice and wait until you experience it. Don't judge it over the picture at all. You know: Dont judge a book by its cover. ;)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Sorry but I don't agreed with you. Sega Saturn one was so ugly. This one is nice and interest. Can't wait to experience it in my hands to feel it. You need to think twice and wait until you experience it. Don't judge it over the picture at all. You know: Dont judge a book by its cover. ;)
Let's compare it.

Sega Saturn 3D Controller:
- An actual analogue stick
- Real D-PAD (not great but better than the button-y of Joy-Con)
- Buttons are normal-sized

As for the Joy-Con, it's the opposite of all that.

Reactions: fatsquirrel

ikral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Let's compare it.

Maybe we should compare it to the Pro controller. Reason for switches d-pad type is so you can use it as face buttons in two player games. Compromises, and if you don't like it there is, although overpriced, pro controller. Switch is what it is and you may like it or you don't, you also don't have to buy it as well.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Maybe we should compare it to the Pro controller. Reason for switches d-pad type is so you can use it as face buttons in two player games. Compromises, and if you don't like it there is, although overpriced, pro controller. Switch is what it is and you may like it or you don't, you also don't have to buy it as well.
The Pro Controller is overpriced but it's bound to come down in value eventually. Definitely one of the best controllers ever made and it's not even out yet officially!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joy Grip and Joy Con will be enough for me. I don't need to buy all these extra things. Only, it is a shame that the Grip that comes in the box doesn't charge.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Joy Grip and Joy Con will be enough for me. I don't need to buy all these extra things. Only, it is a shame that the Grip that comes in the box doesn't charge.
Yeah, I said the same and then tried it myself.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the Joy-Cons totally required for the Switch to function properly or can I use the Pro Controller only?

If the latter, then I could sell the Joy-Cons and use that for the Pro Controller.
They're required for ARMS, and presumably other future games.

Let's compare it.

The Joy-Cons have analog sticks don't they?

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying out the joycons in all configurations and the pro controller at the switch event yesterday, I have to say; The joycon is oddly comfortable (I thought it wouldn't be cause the joystick is in the middle), but it works great. Though there's not too much breathing room like say the gamecube when moving it around, but it did the job perfectly. Only configuration I didn't like was holding the joycons alone in each hand (for non motion control games like say zelda or splattoon, i need a real controller feel for that). That's not comfortable for me :(

but the pro controller felt great, and the joycons in the that little dog looking dock felt great and holding the switch itself didn't feel too bad either. Though i only held the screen and joycons together for a good 5 minutes or so, it didn't feel as odd as the wii u gamepad did.

Last edited by Eurasiam,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
In the grip or on the Switch itself joy cons look fine. The hand angle is just about exactly the same as an XB1 pad. In hands as big as mine I imagine I'd start cramping after a bit of playing with just a joy con half, though.

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the grip or on the Switch itself joy cons look fine. The hand angle is just about exactly the same as an XB1 pad. In hands as big as mine I imagine I'd start cramping after a bit of playing with just a joy con half, though.

Yea the joy cons on their own are TINY, smaller than wii motes. so I was actually concerned for people with Huge hands (I myself have small hands so it fit nice)

D

Deleted User

Nintendo's Price for accessories: I believe that they set it up at such a high so it can gradually lower and more people will buy them in the winter

D

Deleted User

The joycons look VERY uncomfortable.

But the Wii U Gamepad is a godlike controller.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's Price for accessories: I believe that they set it up at such a high so it can gradually lower and more people will buy them in the winter
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some accessories get a price drop quickly after March, even if it's only $10 - $15. That's the end of the fiscal year for Nintendo, so trying to inflate the numbers for the investors there.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very, very stiff and with hardly any possibility to move it around. I'd even have preferred the 3DS Circle Pad over that sorry excuse of an analogue stick, or the PSP analogue stick.
Just going on a limb (and with some experience with 3rd party controllers with stiff joysticks), I'm guessing with some play they'll loosen up. They probably just manufactured them with not quite enough tolerance/not slick enough finish

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just going on a limb (and with some experience with 3rd party controllers with stiff joysticks), I'm guessing with some play they'll loosen up. They probably just manufactured them with not quite enough tolerance/not slick enough finish
Maybe but being so small doesn't help either. The complains about the lack of a real d-pad on the Joy-Cons is valid, it really does suck!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's compare it.

Tell me again when Nintendo Switch is in your hand and see if your opinion remain the same or change your mind again. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.