Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

  • Thread starter Thread starter VinsCool
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 193,099
  • Replies Replies 1,235
  • Likes Likes 43
ah ok its just that the video in the OP is refering to Brain Age so I thought it was strange that the instructions said to use the Title ID of kirby, maybe you should change or specify that its for kirby?
Yes I updated OP to make it clear that it was originally made for Kirby. Theorically, all DS virtual console games can be exploited.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ksanislo
So I've looked at haxchi for quite a while now trying to get it to maybe launch another application or do anything but the final boss of it all is in fact exiting the ds game again after taking control over it. I've put a lot hours into this problem alone already and just got done writing with dimok for 3 hours walking through everything again and trying different things and we could not figure out any way of exiting, everything just ends up in a blackscreen, the wii menu music still playing and nothing you can press but the power button to shut the console down. I dont think anyone expected a simple exit command to be the most difficult thing in this all, by now I really dont know anymore what to do next.
 
So I've looked at haxchi for quite a while now trying to get it to maybe launch another application or do anything but the final boss of it all is in fact exiting the ds game again after taking control over it. I've put a lot hours into this problem alone already and just got done writing with dimok for 3 hours walking through everything again and trying different things and we could not figure out any way of exiting, everything just ends up in a blackscreen, the wii menu music still playing and nothing you can press but the power button to shut the console down. I dont think anyone expected a simple exit command to be the most difficult thing in this all, by now I really dont know anymore what to do next.
:(
Don't give up dude.
 
So I've looked at haxchi for quite a while now trying to get it to maybe launch another application or do anything but the final boss of it all is in fact exiting the ds game again after taking control over it. I've put a lot hours into this problem alone already and just got done writing with dimok for 3 hours walking through everything again and trying different things and we could not figure out any way of exiting, everything just ends up in a blackscreen, the wii menu music still playing and nothing you can press but the power button to shut the console down. I dont think anyone expected a simple exit command to be the most difficult thing in this all, by now I really dont know anymore what to do next.
I dont think smea used that exploit for coldboot if you see the video, i think he is using VC N64 because the VC DS screen never appear, and the N64 bug is more fast... So the haxchi maybe never get kernel access, only userland script like the example.
 
I dont think smea used that exploit for coldboot if you see the video, i think he is using VC N64 because the VC DS screen never appear, and the N64 bug is more fast... So the haxchi maybe never get kernel access, only userland script like the example.
the thing is, I did actually get to a kernel exploit without any big problems, so technically this would work, the only problem is that I am unable to exit the game, even when removing all that kernel code etc. again, it just never returns to any menu no matter what I do.
 
the thing is, I did actually get to a kernel exploit without any big problems, so technically this would work, the only problem is that I am unable to exit the game, even when removing all that kernel code etc. again, it just never returns to any menu no matter what I do.
Is dont know If It help but look the hexfw solución for launch fw.img from browser without hbl..
 
I dont think smea used that exploit for coldboot if you see the video, i think he is using VC N64 because the VC DS screen never appear, and the N64 bug is more fast... So the haxchi maybe never get kernel access, only userland script like the example.

So the N64 method is legit? Smea? Or?
 
This might be a really dumb question, but I see "Brain Age" being mentioned for EU/PAL users.

I do find "Dr Kawashima's BRAIN TRAINING: How old is your brain?" om my eShop. No "brain age" and I noticed Dr Kawashima is facing towards the left, compared to the pic of him facing to the right in the pics in this thread.

I'm guessing it is the right game, but figured I would ask before pulling the trigger.
 
This might be a really dumb question, but I see "Brain Age" being mentioned for EU/PAL users.

I do find "Dr Kawashima's BRAIN TRAINING: How old is your brain?" om my eShop. No "brain age" and I noticed Dr Kawashima is facing towards the left, compared to the pic of him facing to the right in the pics in this thread.

I'm guessing it is the right game, but figured I would ask before pulling the trigger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Age:_Train_Your_Brain_in_Minutes_a_Day!
 
Yes smea twitt he trigged It with the ninjahax front, and the iosuhax video in his youtube used it i bet.


This seems be a save hack, not the N64 contenthax.
Nope, this is definitely a contenthax. I have experience with N64 ini files, and I can tell they changed the manual URL to a browserhax page. This can be done easily. you can even do that with cafiine.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted