Hacking contacted dx

cerenade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after seeing the pictures of the fakes and reading all the stuff posted on the dstt website i contacted dx to ask them what they were going to do about the fake cart they sent me, this is what they had to say:

Dear Raymond

The DSTT Company has separated into two parts.

One of them still keep on producing DSTT, they make DSTT cards themselves and to distinguish from the original one, they mark all of them with a gold dot.

Besides,we get the DSTT card directly from our manufacturer.It is genuine DSTT card.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Rachel

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
If I were a disgruntled customer I'd be telling them that they're 'full of shit' and that 'I'd like a refund'.

But it's probably best to say that they've shown no proof that the cards are real (since there's no proof that DSTT has 'split' as they said), that DSTT has description of the fake which your card matches perfectly and that you'd like a refund... Unless they can supply you with a card which matches the 'true' version shown on the DSTT website, because you paid assuming you'd be receiving a genuine version of the product and if they don't supply you with that then that's basically false advertising.

Gah. 2 new posts. Well, if you're happy with it I guess that's alright. But the fact that you can't update it means there'll probably new ROMs you won't be able to play as they come out. So, I'd try to fix the problem sooner than later. Like Netter said, probably aim for a RMA.
wink.gif

cerenade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aleatz said:
If I were a disgruntled customer I'd be telling them that they're 'full of shit' and that 'I'd like a refund'.

But it's probably best to say that they've shown no proof that the cards are real (since there's no proof that DSTT has 'split' as they said), that DSTT has description of the fake which your card matches perfectly and that you'd like a refund... Unless they can supply you with a card which matches the 'true' version shown on the DSTT website, because you paid assuming you'd be receiving a genuine version of the product and if they don't supply you with that then that's basically false advertising.

Gah. 2 new posts. Well, if you're happy with it I guess that's alright. But the fact that you can't update it means there'll probably new ROMs you won't be able to play as they come out. So, I'd try to fix the problem sooner than later. Like Netter said, probably aim for a RMA.
wink.gif

i will take your advise, i was just saying it does seem fine but it is labeled a fake and i paid for a genuine cart so i will go for rma thanks
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Given that NDSTT has threatened on their website that a future version of the firmware will literally destroy fake flash carts and your microSD card, it would be wise to contact DX and exchange it for an official cart.

For more information and a video that NDSTT released showing their "fake-killer" firmware, see this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104425

-Bri

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Yeah. You can always use that against them too. Ask them if they're willing to compensate you if their DSTT destroys your MicroSD card, then see what they say. Because if DX is selling fake cards then they need to take responsibility, whether this is through refunds or whatever... They can't just keep claiming that these are legit.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the "new" ones on DX are almost certainly legitimate carts, DX will likely offer to exchange the fakes for real ones. DX has been pretty good about replacing faulty carts in the past, so there's no reason to think they won't do the same now.

-Bri

cerenade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
Since the "new" ones on DX are almost certainly legitimate carts, DX will likely offer to exchange the fakes for real ones. DX has been pretty good about replacing faulty carts in the past, so there's no reason to think they won't do the same now.

-Bri

yeah i asked about exchange, waiting for reply

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bet if you push a little harder and point them to the ndstt.com website where it shows what a fake DSTT looks like and how it will be destroyed by a future version of the firmware, and then send them a picture of yours showing that it matches the fake one, they'll exchange it for one of their new ones (which are apparently real).

I think DX was provided fake DSTTs by a supplier and now they're (understandably) trying to get to the bottom of it.

-Bri

cerenade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
I bet if you push a little harder and point them to the ndstt.com website where it shows what a fake DSTT looks like and how it will be destroyed by a future version of the firmware, and then send them a picture of yours showing that it matches the fake one, they'll exchange it for one of their new ones (which are apparently real).

I think DX was provided fake DSTTs by a supplier and now they're (understandably) trying to get to the bottom of it.

-Bri

yeah i pointed them to the website and all of that, but their reply was they need to talk to their suppliers

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dear XXXX

The Coke Company has separated into two parts.

One of them still keep on producing Coke, they make Coke themselves and to distinguish from the original one, they mark all of them with a blue color.

Besides,we get the Coke directly from our manufacturer.It is genuine Coke.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
XXXX

so, Pepxi is same as Cxca-Cxla, right?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
PharaohsVizier said:
But at the same time, Pepsi isn't going to kill you or "brick" you, whereas the gold dot DSTT supposedly will. Well technically both Pepsi and Coke are equally bad... XD

have you tasted pepsi?

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PharaohsVizier said:
But at the same time, Pepsi isn't going to kill you or "brick" you, whereas the gold dot DSTT supposedly will. Well technically both Pepsi and Coke are equally bad... XD

No, my doctor highly recommend me not to drink them, it can kill people (who is too fat).
grog.gif

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to one of my friends too, who got a fake from DX. It looks almost exactly the same as my real one, except for the dot, and the fact that it never works right.

He emailed them, with pictures of his cart and links to the DSTT site. They wouldn't own up to the item being fake, they simply said they were sorry it was defective and offered a replacement. Heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night