Hacking Constant crashing freezing with sxos

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but ever since I updated switch to 11.0 with latest sxos all games keep freezing random sxos crashes I tried all the usual problem solving like new sd card formatted to fat 32 downloaded a new boot.dat I’m starting to think it’s a switch hardware issue and running out of ideas any help would be appreciated...

Reactions: brianau

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd run an error check on the SD card. Does this happen to SD installed games, or does it happen to eMMC installed games too?

Does the same problem occur with Atmosphere? Considering TX's uncertain future, it might be worth switching to Atmosphere regardless.

Reactions: mickthestud

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd run an error check on the SD card. Does this happen to SD installed games, or does it happen to eMMC installed games too?

Does the same problem occur with Atmosphere? Considering TX's uncertain future, it might be worth switching to Atmosphere regardless.
I’ve never tried atmosphere happens with ssd installed games but it’s even happened running games straight off the hard drive and often get the dreaded boot.dat screen when trying to launch the payload sometimes it was working fine till about 20th Jan update was installed dec 20 so not sure and makes me wonder if the sd reader in the switch itself is on the way out I had it replaced over 12 months ago

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve never tried atmosphere happens with ssd installed games but it’s even happened running games straight off the hard drive and often get the dreaded boot.dat screen when trying to launch the payload sometimes it was working fine till about 20th Jan update was installed dec 20 so not sure and makes me wonder if the sd reader in the switch itself is on the way out I had it replaced over 12 months ago
If I were you then, I'd try running Atmosphere and see if you get the same problems. If you do, then it's perhaps related to the SD card or the SD reader. If you don't, then it's perhaps related to your SX OS CFW setup.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were you then, I'd try running Atmosphere and see if you get the same problems. If you do, then it's perhaps related to the SD card or the SD reader. If you don't, then it's perhaps related to your SX OS CFW setup.
Tried running atmosphere for the first time I keep getting this error

Attachments

• 00F8927A-C1B1-4120-9649-C2E98A9361C5.jpeg
    00F8927A-C1B1-4120-9649-C2E98A9361C5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179

brianau

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but ever since I updated switch to 11.0 with latest sxos all games keep freezing random sxos crashes I tried all the usual problem solving like new sd card formatted to fat 32 downloaded a new boot.dat I’m starting to think it’s a switch hardware issue and running out of ideas any help would be appreciated...

Hi ,I got same issue like u, May I know how to solve it finally?

peahead777

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you ever find a solution? I am expericencing the same issue. Have SX OS, been working fine for years, resently start crashing randomly. Started to become more frequent and sometimes will not boot. Multiple cards - all formatted to fat 32 32kb cluster, same issue. Tried switching to Atmosphere and have the same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1