Consoles/video games you regret buying.

D

Deleted User

PC does that and accepts more controller types. Wii + Switch do that and you get two systems with interesting features instead of one system that nobody remembers.

What is your deal exactly? it's obvious the Wii U is the best hacked console in terms of the amount of different consoles it can play, a PC is not a console. If that is the case sell your Switch and don't buy anything anymore because it will all come to PC in the form of emulators one day.

Consoles offer other advantages.

Nintendo is the only company that has fanboys that fight between two system in the same family. Right now a Wii U is a better value hands down, come back and talk to me in a few years when Switch home-brew has taken off.

Last edited by ,

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
PC does that and accepts more controller types. Wii + Switch do that and you get two systems with interesting features instead of one system that nobody remembers.
Wii lacks of Off-TV mode which is a selling point for me, I find Wii U an ultimate Nintendo console of all previous stationery generations, same for New 3DS XL to a portable. Also Wii U's GamePad is so comfortable, even with a Scull & Co case Switch's usability is miles behind, I always prefer to play same titles on Wii U against Switch out of TV when it's possible, laying at a couch in a most comfortable pose.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps4, PS3, pokemon moon, crash n-sane trilogy, oculus rift (not nearly enough games for it to be worth my purchase),

kinda regretting getting my switch considering i'm seeing how expensive of a system it is... joycons are $90, games are $80 for the most part, pro controller cost me $110,

i didn't even buy overwatch and i still regret having it

there's probably more i can't remember at this moment
um a pair of joycons is 80 dolars a game is 60 and pro controller is 80 as well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS1 was boring, not many good games. Hyrule Warriors was a horrible disappointment and it was really boring to me. And of course most movie licensed games are automatic wastes.
really? i loved hyrule warriors I even purchased both the original and legends and i've already pre-ordered the definitive version

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wii lacks of Off-TV mode which is a selling point for me, I find Wii U an ultimate Nintendo console of all previous stationery generations, same for New 3DS XL to a portable. Also Wii U's GamePad is so comfortable, even with a Scull & Co case Switch's usability is miles behind, I always prefer to play same titles on Wii U against Switch out of TV when it's possible, laying at a couch in a most comfortable pose.
Can agree with 3DS, it's a solid portable system that's useful for legacy emulation, but that also covers much of the emulation that you might find WiiU useful for. Even most low-mid range PCs (which would be in range of console prices) can play all Nintendo games up to Wii, and you can get bluetooth sensor bars for Wiimotes or USB adapters for any Nintendo controller. That's why it's an alternative worth considering, especially if you're looking to just build for emulation/streaming/etc.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can agree with 3DS, it's a solid portable system that's useful for legacy emulation, but that also covers much of the emulation that you might find WiiU useful for. Even most low-mid range PCs (which would be in range of console prices) can play all Nintendo games up to Wii, and you can get bluetooth sensor bars for Wiimotes or USB adapters for any Nintendo controller. That's why it's an alternative worth considering, especially if you're looking to just build for emulation/streaming/etc.
I prefer to play out of TV so the closest alternative to Wii U is GPD Win 2 which I find much more uncomfortable (but of course it's offer a more wide library of games) & also overheating as hell. As you can see my own choice is Wii U & for me it's unbeatable to date. But I'm open to alternatives when / if they came out, just not found any, maybe it'll be Switch XL? :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I prefer to play out of TV so the closest alternative to Wii U is GPD Win 2 which I find much more uncomfortable (but of course it's offer a more wide library of games) & also overheating as hell. As you can see my own choice is Wii U & for me it's unbeatable to date. But I'm open to alternatives when / if they came out, just not found any, maybe it'll be Switch XL? :)
Yeah I dunno, seems like people are torn between wanting a larger Switch and wanting a smaller Switch. Obviously there are grips you can buy for joycons, but much larger and Switch wouldn't really be "portable," any smaller and you wouldn't really be able to see details in a 720p screen. Maybe they'll debut both an "XL" and "S" closer to the release of Switch 2 just to appease everybody anyway, who knows.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: oji

PeacefulDreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Now you're calling WiiU games garbage lol. They were good games that got next to zero exposure which is why they sell on Switch. Just give it up, there's no point in fanboying a discontinued console. Switch has a future and WiiU does not.

Although you’re right in terms of the PC accepting more input devices, there isn’t a good unified way to make a PC a no-maintenance perfect emulation station. The frontends that are available are not always configured for your needs or easily maintainae, and not all consoles/handhelds can be emulated right away (look at the development curve of Citra for example).

It would be awesome to have a Windows shell mod or XBMC/Kodi like launcher that’s easy to use with no configuration necessary, but until then I wouldn’t consider a PC a console due to the user experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
None; there are some where I didn't get my money's worth out (I define efficient entertainment as better than 1 €/hour, and time spent with the console disassembled or installing mods counts even more), but nothing that I paid for and regretted!

I'm still disgusted thinking at the 30 minutes I spent downloading Pokemon Moon and the hour and half stepping through that interactive movie, though

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just out of curiosity: is that heating thing the same as on the gpd win 1? I've seen a test that it heated a whole lot less, but that doesn't mean it's gone...:unsure:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've ever regretted buying a console really, even the one's that I haven't played much I've at least gotten my money's worth of enjoyment out of them (or, at least, I try to).

The same is kind of true for games, too, since I only ever buy games I 100% know I'm going to enjoy (either because I like the series in general, or because I've pirated it beforehand, as mentioned in this thread).

Though one game does come to mind that I really should've waited on, which was Pokemon AS that I had pre-ordered. Unfortunately, the remake was (IMO) utterly awful, easily the biggest waste of $35 I've made in gaming.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My 360, and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts. I got the 360 specifically for that game then realized it was shit.
I did still get some use out of the 360 since I got Blue Dragon for it, which is one of my favorite RPGs.
I think I only own like 4 retail games for it, and a few XBLA games.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only game I can think of regretting buying in recent memory is Tales of Zesteria ... God I just hate the characters in that game, so flat and boring ... yet i loved its prequel Tales of Berseria. Took me 4 goddamn attempts of playing Zesteria to actually force my way through it. 4 goddamn times. And the real kicker is ... I ended up with it on PC and PS4!
The Skylanders vehicle game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to