Connecticut School Shooting

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I get any negative resentment towards me. Let just say that the US only impose to use guns to protect the ones you love (Family, Friends, and close relatives). In this case all the other shootings have happened due to the lack of sympathizing for one another. I don't need to go into details about this article, I personally feel this reckless and trigger-happy incidents will continue regardless of the sentimental thoughts, deep insights, and hopeful prevention.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to post how nonsense that argument is. Brevik mass killing in Norway, Bieslan children school shooting in Russia.
All these shootings were not so news worthy (some people here in US never heard about them) as "another mass shooting in US".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just want to post how nonsense that argument is. Brevik mass killing in Norway, Bieslan children school shooting in Russia.
So you have two cases outside of the U.S that you can think of - shall we start enumerating U.S cases now to show how futile your counter is?

The frequency of shootings within the U.S is far larger compared to any other country on Earth that's not in a state of war and isn't a third-world country.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you have two cases outside of the U.S that you can think of - shall we start enumerating U.S cases now to show how futile your counter is?

The frequency of shootings within the U.S is far larger compared to any other country on Earth that's not in a state of war and isn't a third-world country.

These were only examples to show that sick people live everywhere. I agree that US has the biggest number of that type of cases, thank to easy access of guns, however it is not exclusively reason.
I just want to mention Mexico and their drug wars.
Hells said that shit happens in US only.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few notes:

1. Can we please stop making this into some anti-America jerkfest? I get it, we're not perfect, but to go "OH CANADA/NATION X IS SO MUCH BETTER" is just really quite obnoxious. We're a bit of an oddity on the world stage, we get it, but we're still a good people.
  2. Gun control - Arguably you could say at this point, gun control wouldn't change much. If you said all civilian firearms are now banned, what would happen? What would happen to all the guns already floating around? It's reasonable to make an argument like Prohibition: as the act becomes criminal, the instances grow. More outlawed guns just means more illegal guns. If I had really had the motivation to commit such an atrocious act, I'd have the motivation to get an illegal gun. At this point in our history, guns are so ingrained that outlawing it would be for the worst. There's already a fair amount of regulation in place to protect on guns. In New Jersey at least, it's quite a pain. I'm sure the more blue states are in the same boat.
  3. EDIT: Continuing on gun control, think of guns like marijuana or prostitution. Arguably by legalizing it, you gain more control over it. With pot, for example, people could get it from a reputable source, regulated by federal regulations, at an appropriate age, and the government would get a piece. With prostitution, you see legalized prostitution is a lot safer. Legal prostitutes follow strict health codes, are treated well, and you can enforce your regulations. With guns, reasonably it's the same thing. Instead of 100% of guns in the US being obtained with no regulations, some of them will be regulated. If you want a gun nowadays for non-criminal purposes, you now can go "Well, I have to take these courses, get this license, etc." In those courses, you're trained to use the weapon effectively, safely, and are taught crucial aspects of gun control. A legal gun owner is a safer gun owner. Without all that, you can go down the street to a shady dealer, buy a weapon, and not get any of that proper training (not training to kill, training to be safe) or teachings.
  4. I do feel that just putting politics on this case is really sickening. In the end, something terrible happened, innocent people died. Instead of saying "Wow, that's terrible, let's support the victims" we're already jumping onto the "tomorrow's reheated news" segment. The same thing happened with Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc. It feels so much is taken away from actually caring about the victims of the case to just construct it into a crude soapbox to give your speech. Can we, for once, just realize something shit happened and mourn them instead of pointing fingers?
  5. In my opinion, it's not guns that are at fault. It was a psycho. If you have the intent to murder 20 children and 7 others, then it's not guns that are at fault. It's being a fucking looney.
Overall, a tragedy that of course just gets basically propped into some other argument. A spokesman for the White House, on asked whether gun control would be looked at more closely now, said something along the lines of "Today's not the day for that question." I think we can all just stop using this case for our own personal agendas and realize that today, families became smaller. Instead of using their tragedy for your shlock, let them mourn.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can we PLEASE keep the gun control discussion somewhere else.

I hear you , and so does everyone else ,but your op did ask "why does this keep happening" which invited the comments.

Its a tragic event , and deepest condolences goes out to the parents of the children we have lost , i as a parent couldnt imagine how it would feel and god hope i dont ever have too.

im with emigres thoughts tbh , so i wont bang on about the gun issue.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can we PLEASE keep the gun control discussion somewhere else.
We actually have a dedicated thread for that now, so I second your motion.

These were only examples to show that sick people live everywhere. I agree that US has the biggest number of that type of cases, thank to easy access of guns, however it is not exclusively reason.
I just want to mention Mexico and their drug wars.
Hells said that shit happens in US only.

Oh, I see. Excuse me, I misinterpreted your point. ;)

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as we debate of gun control over tragedies like these, i'm surprise nobody brings up the issue about mental illness. Think about it, the people that commit these crimes were probably the most psychologically sick people imaginable and hardly anyone ever talks about how we're treating people with mental issues in this country

Think about the shooter from Virgina Tech, if you read the history on that kid you'd know there were so many red flags that you'd have to wonder why he didn't do it sooner, or better yet why didn't anyone pay attention to those warning signs

cause if we payed attention more about how to stop crazy people getting a hold guns rather then stop anyone from getting a hold guns, this debate wouldn't be that much of an issue

Reactions: Deleted_171835

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because of politeness we tend not to judge other people?
You are right, you hear about cinema shooting, subway pushing, Tuscan shooting...
But to be honest, take a look at YouTube, facebook, or walk into Wal-mart. You will see a lot of people who qualify for mental help.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
as much as we debate of gun control over tragedies like these, i'm surprise nobody brings up the issue about mental illness. Think about it, the people that commit these crimes were probably the most psychologically sick people imaginable and hardly anyone ever talks about how we're treating people with mental issues in this country

Think about the shooter from Virgina Tech, if you read the history on that kid you'd know there were so many red flags that you'd have to wonder why he didn't do it sooner, or better yet why didn't anyone pay attention to those warning signs

cause if we payed attention more about how to stop crazy people getting a hold guns rather then stop anyone from getting a hold guns, this debate wouldn't be that much of an issue

This goes to prove my theory that Virgina Tech shooting, those individuals didn't have any friends nor people to care for them. Going back to this topic, guns were built to boast about protection and power. Guns used by a weak-minded fool, will only use the tool to show what its meant to do, to instill fear among the people and cause an incident to happen.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just gained a fuckton of respect for Guild, and lost almost all for nearly everyone else in this thread. This is a truly horrific tragedy, and a reminder that we have a long way to go in our climb from the swamps to the stars...

May these people get the best help they can as they attempt to rebuild their lives, and may the rest of our world be motivated to take a step forward in doing whatever it takes to make certain that a massacre of innocent children NEVER occurs again.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad that this thread has turned into some anti-american rant. Yea, our country isn't perfect, yours isn't either, so get off your high-horse please.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just shooting kids is just so messed up how old were these kids? kids should never die like this i mean jeezzzz.... i was hoping the bastard who shot himself would of gotten the cold stone justice of the law... but i guess not... still it's not guys it's not right just focus on the talk about this no more anti-usa bullshit gun control stuff yeah i saw a little bit of this on the news today but i was helping my mom with stuff so i could not watch it and yeah i did see the obama cry on the TV. if someone every goes into a freaking day care and shoots baby's i swear to god the bastard had better get some bone cold justice up his ass for good!!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my condolences to the families.

my suggestion to temp; this is a very sensitive topic and many a times it gets out of hand with anger and what not. consider closing the thread sooner so that it does not get disrespectful.

Why? So far the thread is going along just fine. And besides, there's nothing stopping mods from either closing the thread when its get bad, or just hand out bans/warnings. Afterall, every single apple thread turns bad.

Reactions: Magsor

DarkraiHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Barbarism.
For the love of god, think of the parents.
A few more days to Christmas, I bet they wrapped the presents they were going to exchange, not knowing that those gifts might never get unwrapped.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How one gets the guns isn't the issue, how responsible guns are used however, is the real issue. If people would be responsible and not be f***ing psychopaths about them, we wouldn't have this issue. Guns don't kill people, people do. What next, should we ban knives? They're capable of killing people, too. What about banning cars? Should we ban spoons because they make people fat?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How one gets the guns isn't the issue, how responsible guns are used however, is the real issue. If people would be responsible and not psychopaths about them, we wouldn't have this issue. Guns don't kill people, people do. What next, should we ban knives? They're capable of killing people, too. What about banning cars? Should we ban spoons because they make people fat?
images

fyi: you kinda just repeated your first post on the first page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +1