Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You want to know "why." This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news.

c7rIC.jpg

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fucking idiot yanks with their second amendment "rights". Why does any private individual need an "assault" weapon? The clue is right there in the name, and it's not called a "defense" weapon you'll notice.

Reactions: LightyKD

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandy Hook Elementary School.

27 dead.
18 of those were children...

Why does this keep happening :(
This has been reported to be the deadliest of US school shootings. It happened in a little town of Newtown, Connecticut. The sweep is still going on, but it looks like they found the alleged shooter (dead) along with two handguns at the scene.

:arrow: Source: LA Times

WolfSpider

Trophies
Website
northernillinoisweathercenter.com
XP
Country
United States
You want to know "why." This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news.

c7rIC.jpg
I've heard that he never said that, most likely a hoax.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking idiot yanks with their second amendment "rights". Why does any private individual need an "assault" weapon? The clue is right there in the name, and it's not called a "defense" weapon you'll notice.

Ah yes, the rest of the world shines with their circlewanking over how horrible America is.

We're not perfect but to call us "fucking idiot yanks" as a whole is pretty fucking retarded.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter who said it.

The point of the message is the same.
I wholeheartedly agree with that statement, Densetsu.

For the record though, Mr. Freeman did not in fact say that, according to Snopes (which I trust as a source of debunking rumors). Read here for a few of the rumors and whether they're true or not - http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You go skydiving or make love on a mountain top for this "end of the world" thing. You certainly don't go "YOLO" and shoot up a school.

Ugh I hate it when people say "YOLO". I always respond with a slap to their face and say "FISH... Fuck It, Shit Happens".

Anyways, I agree with Morgan Freeman, I swear that man is THE God.
screen-shot-2012-12-15-at-7-07-49-pm.png

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess if someone hadn't lied about that coming from Morgan Freeman it wouldn't have spread as far. Everyone likes to say "I agree with Morgan Freeman" more than "I agree with the guy who put this on his Facebook status."

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes, the rest of the world shines with their circlewanking over how horrible America is.

We're not perfect but to call us "fucking idiot yanks" as a whole is pretty fucking retarded.

Not as retarded as allowing individuals to own "assault" weapons, I'd suggest.

EDIT :
I actually don't recall calling all Americans fucking idiot yanks ? I just meant the 2nd amendment gun nuts who will still support the right of idiots like this twat at the school and the batman guy to own assault weapons in spite of the atrocities they then go ahead and commit with them.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had this kid back at primary school, he was a nice guy, but weird as fuck. We always though: "if this was America, he would shoot every single one of us in the classroom"
I found it really weird, it's like a tradition in your country. It's so sad... :sad:

on a side note, in others countries (like mine), the government uses this kind of episodes to justify themselves saying: "see... you think our country is insecure?, america is worst"
I hate politicians, specially if they are argentinians

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...