Connecticut School Shooting

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to post a thread about this but ahh you beat me to it, very sad indeed. i mean 20 children dead? good lord........
Ironically enough, I was about to post that the total death toll was 26, not 27. Sadly, 20 children died. I give my condolences out to whoever has lost a loved one today.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironically enough, I was about to post that the total death toll was 26, not 27. Sadly, 20 children died. I give my condolences out to whoever has lost a loved one today.

Actually the total total of deaths are 28, abc news and cbs news confirmed this. 20 children, 6 adults, 1 gunman and a deceased man in another area may or may not believed to be adam lanza...the brother of the shooter.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many lives is it going to take until America realizes that it needs Gun Control?
I don't think gun control is the answer. Trying to control guns won't get them out of the hands of criminals. This person could have easily built pipe bombs and used those or some other terrible weapon. I think we need a change within our culture.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the total total of deaths are 28, abc news and cbs news confirmed this. 20 children, 6 adults, 1 gunman and a deceased man in another area may or may not believed to be adam lanza...the brother of the shooter.
Wouldn't count the gunman, someone like him is a heartless inhuman....thing. The brother, now I did not know that.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Just for you guys to know I give my sincere condolences to the families and loved ones of the victims. I acknowledge the fact that this is a huge tragedy to all of those people, and my heart is with them right now.

Also, my two posts in the first page of this thread were pure sarcasm and are not supposed to be taken seriously. I am deeply sorry if I hurt someone's feelings by those posts.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't count the gunman, someone like him is a heartless inhuman....thing. The brother, now I did not know that.

The images that have poured in all over the internet from this really is just heartbreaking, just a hanus..HANUS CRIME!!!!!!!

I have much respect for the president now not that i had'nt already! after watching that speech of his and seeing him shedding tears makes me proud to live in the USA.

tenkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is truly a tragedy. I was just hearing about it just a couple of minutes ago. Why do people have to continuously kill, when will the bloodshed end. It's just so sad..My condolences to the families that lost their loved ones to this horrible event. BTW to the people mentioning gun control, I have to agree with tatripp and say that gun control isn't the answer. Also guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Reactions: Engert

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't count the gunman, someone like him is a heartless inhuman....thing.
I wouldn't say that. We don't know if he was in some sort of terrible mental state or not. He could of had a psychological disorder that was driving him insane. The actions he committed were tragic, but he is still a human being, mentally stable or not (I'm not saying which one as I have no idea). I give my prayers out to him as well as giving my condolences and prayers out to the families and people close to the ones who lost their lives.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think gun control is the answer. Trying to control guns won't get them out of the hands of criminals. This person could have easily built pipe bombs and used those or some other terrible weapon. I think we need a change within our culture.
You guys are missing the point about gun control. I believe that the main factor with this is the fact that guns are SO easily accessible in the US and that anyone can quite easily just decide to shoot someone and make it happen within such a short space of time.

I mean, if I wanted to, I can gradually stockpile explosive material and detonate a large bomb in a city centre, but that requires time, planning and forward thinking. The same thing here in the UK (due to our strict gun laws), I cannot easily obtain a gun from my house or a friend.

Now anyone can have a few moments of madness, depression or a bad day, (as the majority of these 'killers' are NOT hell-bent criminals) and when guns are so easily to hand as they are in the US it is VERY easy to forget all sense of right and wrong, think "screw the consequences, what do I have to lose?" and simply go out and murder people, often taking your own life afterwards. If the gun laws are tightened these situations would undoubtedly drastically drop in numbers, the only few that remain would be from truly disturbed people or terrorists that plan weeks, months (or even years) in advance for some political or similar gain.

Reactions: Qtis and pwsincd

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always think about what would have happened if someone had the balls to carry and actually use a weapon against people like this. I know if I were to get a hidden handgun license I'd carry all over the place. See that sign that says no carry? Yeah fuck that sign, because people who might shoot up the place will be ignoring it as well. Laws are for law abiding citizens, and people who abide by these laws have no protection against the wackos and bastards of society. Meanwhile if I were to break the law and actually be carrying, I might be able to save a whole bunch of lives. If I go to jail for breaking the law, so be it. I'll be able to sleep at night because I know I saved at least one life.

If we were to change gun control over to yearly psyche evaluations we could prevent some of these tragedies. I for one would be glad to submit myself to a yearly psyche eval to keep my guns. Me being Bi-Polar and all, I hate it when I have an episode (been episode free for almost six years) since I generally can't remember what happened after the fact.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are missing the point about gun control. I believe that the main factor with this is the fact that guns are SO easily accessible in the US and that anyone can quite easily just decide to shoot someone and make it happen within such a short space of time.

I mean, if I wanted to, I can gradually stockpile explosive material and detonate a large bomb in a city centre, but that requires time, planning and forward thinking. The same thing here in the UK (due to our strict gun laws), I cannot easily obtain a gun from my house or a friend.

Now anyone can have a few moments of madness, depression or a bad day, (as the majority of these 'killers' are NOT hell-bent criminals) and when guns are so easily to hand as they are in the US it is VERY easy to forget all sense of right and wrong, think "screw the consequences, what do I have to lose?" and simply go out and murder people, often taking your own life afterwards. If the gun laws are tightened these situations would undoubtedly drastically drop in numbers, the only few that remain would be from truly disturbed people or terrorists that plan weeks, months (or even years) in advance for some political or similar gain.
Think you quoted the wrong post, we were talking about death toll.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• article-obama-shooting-1214.jpg
    article-obama-shooting-1214.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 190

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was at the gym when this came on the news. I looked at the tv during my break between sets and saw the headline. I almost started crying so I hurried on with my workout and left. I can't take things like this, especially when children are involved.

My prayers go out to all of their families.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
So... just because he could conceivably obtained another weapon he should have relatively easy access to a slightly less terrible one? Not how it works.

In Britain you need very specific licenses to hold a firearm and then its only specific firearms (to my knowledge). I've never looked into it but I think it takes a bit to get a hunting rifle here. No automatic weapons, no pistols. It doesn't make it impossible to get a gun by any means but it does make it harder. Its very rare we hear of things like this.

Its always possible to make homemade bombs or weapons but making it a lot harder is a step in the right direction. People in the USA keep pointing at that "Right to Bear Arms" clause in the Constitution its to preserve the ability to form citizen militias. I don't think we really need that now. Problem is that the cat is already well out of the bag for you guys. Trying to get that thing back in is nigh on impossible.

Reactions: SifJar and pwsincd

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This argument would be more sound, if there was more gun violence in even the US' neighbor, Canada.
Shit like this does NOT happen in Canada. Not even nearly as much, or as bad. Sure, shit happens, but there's a reason Canada is a hell of a lot more peaceful.
Just a quick example but en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting
That list alone shows a staggering difference in violent acts. But even just in general, it's a lot more shocking to hear about gun violence in Canada. It just doesn't happen anywhere near as often.
The world needs gun control, not surplussing guns and getting them into the hands of every man, woman and child...that's just retarded.

How about taping killing, dismembering the dead body, having sex with torso, and sending body parts to government officials?
Luka Magnotta
How about decapitating a person , cannibalizing him in the bus?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

Canada is the second largest country in the world, not populated and weird people are there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is