Connect to Network W/O internet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by EtherealX, Jul 31, 2010.

Jul 31, 2010
  1. EtherealX
    OP

Member EtherealX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been awhile since I've been on the scene, so not sure if this is possible now. Search isn't helpful. :(

So, I'm trying to connect a Wii to a local network that has NO internet connectivity. This is to be used strictly for local media sharing. I don't want internet running through this particular network. In my attempts, the Wii is unable to successfully connect to the network connection unless there is internet connectivity tied in. Is there any way to force the connection to be successful without internet?

Just so the bases are covered here, the wifi works -- other devices can connect to it. The Wii works, it can connect to other networks (that have internet tied in, of course.) I'm running a 4.2U softmodded Wii so can use any tools that might be available. Also, the network in question is unable to have temporary internet connectivity to complete the test.

Any suggestions? -TIA

2. popoffka

Member popoffka GBAtemp Fan

Latvia
    Well, here are what I can think off:
    1. Somehow add internet connectivity to this network once, add it in wii's settings and then remove the connectivity from the network
    2. Somehow emulate nintendo's connectivity test servers.

3. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom

ok only thing comes to mind when you say the wii connection is ok when their is activity, when connected to the network, change the router settings and take off connect on demand, that way the wii's connection will remain active even if there is no traffic.

connect on demand is ok but for such devices who have to initialize the connection only to find out the program has timed out and then you have to start process again