Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, lets say I have 2 computers.
1 that has a terrible graphics card, which cannot play any downloaded games like MapleStory, Exteel, ROBLOX, etc.
and the other one that has an awesome graphics card which can play these games.

I set up a VNC server and on the computer with the BAD graphics card, I'm viewing the computer with the GOOD graphics card.

Can I play MapleStory, Exteel, ROBLOX, etc on the bad computer because it is connected to a VNC server where the other computer has good graphics?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Streaming has a slightly different flaw to VNC: input lag. There can be anything between 5ms to 200ms input lag, which in time dependant games can mean slower reactions (e.g. in MapleStory you'll move, jump and attack slower... and the jumping mini-quests will be practically impossible).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
I set up a VNC server and on the computer with the BAD graphics card, I'm viewing the computer with the GOOD graphics card.Yes... kinda.
I use VNCViewer on a netbook to access my desktop without issue. I can't watch video since it's kinda choppy (particularly with Aero enabled) and there's no audio (that I know of).

QUOTE(Berthenk @ Apr 3 2011, 02:00 PM) Yes, you can. Prepare for an epic lag fest though if it's connected via the internet and not via your network.
That's only if you use something like TeamViewer which connects online.
RealVNC allows you to choose where you're connecting to via IP address (so you can choose a local IP).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1