Confusing graphics question.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Aijelsop, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011
  1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Alright, lets say I have 2 computers.
    1 that has a terrible graphics card, which cannot play any downloaded games like MapleStory, Exteel, ROBLOX, etc.
    and the other one that has an awesome graphics card which can play these games.

I set up a VNC server and on the computer with the BAD graphics card, I'm viewing the computer with the GOOD graphics card.

Can I play MapleStory, Exteel, ROBLOX, etc on the bad computer because it is connected to a VNC server where the other computer has good graphics?

2. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Yes, you can. Prepare for an epic lag fest though if it's connected via the internet and not via your network.

3. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Alright. I was just wondering, not really doing.

4. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    It will likely be easier to use StreamMyGame than VNC. Lower resolution unless you pay, but actually playable.

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Streaming has a slightly different flaw to VNC: input lag. There can be anything between 5ms to 200ms input lag, which in time dependant games can mean slower reactions (e.g. in MapleStory you'll move, jump and attack slower... and the jumping mini-quests will be practically impossible).

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    That's only if you use something like TeamViewer which connects online.
    RealVNC allows you to choose where you're connecting to via IP address (so you can choose a local IP).