Hacking Confused with all these hacks

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be mistaken. You can update as many times as you want using this method. In fact, I plan on doing so as soon as a new firmware update is available. I'll just be certain my jig is working and that I'm holding volume up after the update completes and reboots. What makes you think it can only be performed once?

Because once you load OFW to 5.1.0 (regardless of launching from RCM or not), the NXLoader will take over and write over your fuses as it's meant to from a firmware update. At least that's how it sounds to me. I'm not a dev, just a network guy haha. I suppose update me once the next update is in place and let me know if you're fuses are still in place, that would be good to know!

Edit: I suppose you could also test this straight away by booting into OFW right now and seeing if you're fuses are still in tact afterwards.

Last edited by Maximilious,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is on the wrong thread or shouldn't be asked but I've been trying to make sense of these hacks for weeks 3ds hacking was much simpler lol

I have a switch with 3.0 firmware I can see I can install homebrew which is fine. Can I install games like on the 3ds? I no piracy isn't allowed but just a yes or no will do. Also what's the best emulators to install thanks
You'll need sx os if you want to install eshop titles

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Because once you load OFW to 5.1.0 (regardless of launching from RCM or not), the NXLoader will take over and write over your fuses as it's meant to from a firmware update. At least that's how it sounds to me. I'm not a dev, just a network guy haha. I suppose update me once the next update is in place and let me know if you're fuses are still in place, that would be good to know!
You can update through the system settings by booting through Hekate as well, you don't need to boot the system normally to perform a system update the traditional way. Just be alert that any system updates performed will remove your Auto-RCM installation, so have your jig ready.

Your fuses will not be burnt if you immediately turn on Auto RCM after a system update, and always boot the device using Hekate or SX.

Last edited by Huntereb,
Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update through the system settings by booting through Hekate as well, you don't need to boot the system normally to perform a system update the traditional way. Just be alert that any system updates performed will remove your Auto-RCM installation, so have your jig ready.

Your fuses will not be burnt if you immediately turn on Auto RCM after a system update, and always boot the device using Hekate or SX.

Gotcha, that's good to know then! Took us a while but I understand now. :grog:

Reactions: Huntereb

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not up to date with the Switch Scene, as the speed of the scene its almost unreadable, so, for now, this forum is the best bet.

Yeah I'm waiting for some stuff to stabilize a bit (hopefully whenever atmosphere releases) before recommending anything more than just homebrew launcher to regular users. Stuff like Hekate is only really good for people who are ready to constantly be updating all of their stuff all of the time (which some people enjoy, but those people also are the type to read forum/reddit posts constantly to stay up-to-speed and don't need a guide).

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm waiting for some stuff to stabilize a bit (hopefully whenever atmosphere releases) before recommending anything more than just homebrew launcher to regular users. Stuff like Hekate is only really good for people who are ready to constantly be updating all of their stuff all of the time (which some people enjoy, but those people also are the type to read forum/reddit posts constantly to stay up-to-speed and don't need a guide).
Yup, i thought that was the reason, as it really is evolving way to fast to keep updating the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.