Confused with all these hacks

bailie1912 Jul 4, 2018.

1. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

GBAtemp Patron
    Maximilious is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Because once you load OFW to 5.1.0 (regardless of launching from RCM or not), the NXLoader will take over and write over your fuses as it's meant to from a firmware update. At least that's how it sounds to me. I'm not a dev, just a network guy haha. I suppose update me once the next update is in place and let me know if you're fuses are still in place, that would be good to know!

Edit: I suppose you could also test this straight away by booting into OFW right now and seeing if you're fuses are still in tact afterwards.

Last edited by Maximilious, Jul 6, 2018
  2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You'll need sx os if you want to install eshop titles

3. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    You can update through the system settings by booting through Hekate as well, you don't need to boot the system normally to perform a system update the traditional way. Just be alert that any system updates performed will remove your Auto-RCM installation, so have your jig ready.

Your fuses will not be burnt if you immediately turn on Auto RCM after a system update, and always boot the device using Hekate or SX.

Last edited by Huntereb, Jul 6, 2018
    Maximilious likes this.
  4. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

GBAtemp Patron
    Maximilious is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Gotcha, that's good to know then! Took us a while but I understand now. :grog:

Huntereb likes this.
  5. Plailect

Plailect GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I'm waiting for some stuff to stabilize a bit (hopefully whenever atmosphere releases) before recommending anything more than just homebrew launcher to regular users. Stuff like Hekate is only really good for people who are ready to constantly be updating all of their stuff all of the time (which some people enjoy, but those people also are the type to read forum/reddit posts constantly to stay up-to-speed and don't need a guide).

6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Yup, i thought that was the reason, as it really is evolving way to fast to keep updating the guide.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted