Hacking Conflicted... I am on 4.1 but will want to play Octopath and Xenoblade 2 story expension

Porotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Atmosphére is a WIP CFW. Look up Switch RCM and you'll see how cumbersome it is to enter ATM.
Ah thats cool to hear, hopfully doesnt take too long to come out, i dont mind buying a game or two to play in the mean time but if thats the case in the future they'll have a simple boot into CFW ill deffo wait for that to come out.

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ah thats cool to hear, hopfully doesnt take too long to come out, i dont mind buying a game or two to play in the mean time but if thats the case in the future they'll have a simple boot into CFW ill deffo wait for that to come out.
Good choice! The Switch scene is really chaotic right now number of things you can do (i.e. Linux), number of ways you can update, a working CFW (Hekate) and number of ways unknown Nintendo can ban you. I definitely suggest waiting.

aslk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am in a bit of a bind, I am on 4.1 but will want to play Octopath traveler and Xenoblade 2 story expension. With the way things are going, what are the chances I can hack my system and play some legit game at the same time?
the only upside to remaining on 4.1 is WARMBOOT with wifi in the future. 4.1s will not get coldboot. you can just keep your switch on sleep mode all the time and shouldn't have any issues. I decided to update yesterday for that reason and I'm not sure if going online while in emunand is even safe

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm staying on 4.1 until the very last minute. If nothing comes before the SX is in my hands, I'll update.

On another note, I just went to Level 3 on GBATemp! Ooooo, I'm so kewl. Who wants to touch me?

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hear you OP, it is getting harder waiting for atmosphere warmboot, i really wanted to play octopath demo at the very least.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm on the same boat, I really want the best option for CFW but I want to play online, I don't want to get banned so I'm thinking to skip hacks on my Switch for now and get another one for that purpose later. I think I'm going to update for now and wait till we have reports of bans to see if I'll hack or not.

Porotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on the same boat, I really want the best option for CFW but I want to play online, I don't want to get banned so I'm thinking to skip hacks on my Switch for now and get another one for that purpose later. I think I'm going to update for now and wait till we have reports of bans to see if I'll hack or not.
Thats what im thinking of doing, can easily pick up a cheap slightly damaged switch online for purpose of playing on a tv updated to the newest and save my fresh new switch for CFW later on.

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update method by rajkosto isn't a faking method. You just update to a firmware without blowing your fuses. So in your case OP you would update to 5.1.0 until CFW with emuNAND is finished and then you would restore your NAND backup of 4.1.0 to get back down to 4.1.0. The downsides are while on 5.1.0 you will have to have AutoRCM installed so you don't blow your fuses but when you drop back down to 4.1.0 you wont have to have it anymore. However, when you downgrade back down to 4.1.0 there is a good chance your cart reader won't work on that firmware because we can't downgrade the cart readers firmware, but you will have emuNAND with the latest firmware so your cart reader will work there.

The guide is long and really technical but if you can look past that the method works.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think that‘s the best solution if you can afford it. I‘ve two consoles as well. One on the latest firmware to play new and online games and one on firmware 2.1.0 for CFW and hombrew purposes.

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why you dont get to read the thousand threads scattered all over the place? We most likely have one thread like that everyday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1