Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

Swooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im a little confused,Where you mean? In my switch it says " Support/Health & Safety",maybe I'm in the wrong place but I want to be sure
Huh interesting, I have an EU console set in English. I didn't know some people already had this. Then this doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: XRaTiX

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is a fake.

-Storage
-It's unlikely Nintendo would release that many features in one update
-Person wanted to show off just about every new feature, except that web browser . . .
-When they held the home button and the side menu appeared it looked really weird. It didn't have any options to let you adjust the music or audio.
-"Media Folder" and "VC Folder" made no sense, unless the person named them that.
uhh, have ya ever played in docked mode? it removes the volume options from there unless you have headphones pluged i to the dock or switch itself, so it normally is pretty baren

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
People will go in great length to fake stuff. Remember the SSB Rayman "leak"?

I'm not saying it's fake for sure but I would rather wait than draw conclusions.
Easier to fake adding Rayman than adding fake features to an OS. Not saying it's real, but it's not as easy.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Easier to fake adding Rayman than adding fake features to an OS. Not saying it's real, but it's not as easy.
This. Not to mention, we're comparing editing an existant screen to building completely new screens, scenes and UI integrations. People also seem to severely underestimate how difficult it is to fake in video, and just say "because it can be, it is". At the lengths gone to in the video, if it is fake, I'd bet a nut that it's written from scratch as opposed to a faked video.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Not to mention, we're comparing editing an existant screen to building completely new screens, scenes and UI integrations. People also seem to severely seem to underestimate how difficult it is to fake in video, and just say "because it can be, it is". At the lengths gone to in the video, if it is fake, I'd bet a nut that it's written from scratch as opposed to a faked video.
though I will give them props, if ninty does incorporate the stuff shown, I hope it works in the same way cause it actually seems kinda nice

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
though I will give them props, if ninty does incorporate the stuff shown, I hope it works in the same way cause it actually seems kinda nice
Of course. It looks amazing. I'd be kind of ecstatic if this turns out to be real cause that'd really resurrect some hope in Nintendo for me personally after they have let me down with so much technical bullfuck (such as friend codes in 2017)
Nintys track record of how they handle OS' and user feedback / requests is what has me doubtful.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Of course. It looks amazing. I'd be kind of ecstatic if this turns out to be real cause that'd really resurrect some hope in Nintendo for me personally after they have let me down with so much technical bullfuck (such as friend codes in 2017)
Nintys track record of how they handle OS' and user feedback / requests is what has me doubtful.
One can hope new Nintendo (they seem to listen lately?) that they actually implement this version that we see.

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
???
What does that even mean? How are naming the folders a sign of it being fake? Would it be more legit if it was "Unnamed Folder 1"?

That's not what I meant. When I saw "Media Folder" and "VC Folder," I automatically assumed the person was trying to get across that those were made Nintendo-made default folders (which to me, doesn't make any sense). Unless, as I said, they named them that and their names show up there.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I meant. When I saw "Media Folder" and "VC Folder," I automatically assumed the person was trying to get across that those were made Nintendo-made default folders (which to me, doesn't make any sense). Unless, as I said, they named them that and their names show up there.
Naming aside that's a valid point. "Move to ___ folder" isn't a normal feature of just about any device... Hm...

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
...and why would you assume that? That seems to solely be your interpretation.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Again, and for the MILLIONTH time, this is REAL. You pessimistic doubters need to fucking stop being so annoying.

You can quote me once this thing is confirmed real;)
You can quote me too! I'm the one who bothered to save and reupload the video in the first place!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naming aside that's a valid point. "Move to ___ folder" isn't a normal feature of just about any device... Hm...
It's probably an effort to make the menu more controller-friendly. So far everything on the menu can be done with the Joycon, without the touchscreen being required. Most other devices use a hold-'n-drag for moving items into folders, which would make it inaccessible from TV mode

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's probably an effort to make the menu more controller-friendly. So far everything on the menu can be done with the Joycon, without the touchscreen being required. Most other devices use a hold-'n-drag for moving items into folders, which would make it inaccessible from TV mode

It's a possibility. Would be fantastic if real.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I thought you were being sarcastic in that folder comment.
You're saying you think it's weird that it lets you choose from a list of custom folders in a list, or what are you saying?
No, I'm saying it's TOO convenient to have a button for immediately moving to any specific folder. A "move" function isn't unheard of. However a direct "Move to x folder" is weird to me. As total said, it's probably a way to optimize the system for controllers.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning