Hacking Configurable USB Loader

SilentSmoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway I can run an emulator inside of cfg? Testing with SNES9XGX / CFG v70r78.8

SNES9XGX loas perfectly fine from HBC, Channel Forwarders, etc. Game List loads and full functionality.

I have tried to install the same wad forwarder into my emunand so it shows up in cfg, which it does. When launched from cfg, SNES9XGX loads but I get an error "USB Not Recognized". I have tried booting from cfg with different IOS and same result. I am sure there are more settings I could try, but was hoping someone has had this issue already?

I notice in the filter settings there is a Wii Channels filter but when selected nothing shows, and I have a few channels installed to my real nand. Is this option broken, I know in USB Loader GX you can view Wii Channels and boot them, can this be implemented in CFG?

My Wii is set to auto load CFG and I like it that way~ this is why I would really like to be able to launch emulators from CFG.

Thoughts? Possible settings in CFG that need to be changed?

Thanks!

nitraiolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never tested Cfg with Forward channels.
I have Internet Channel installed on my emunand (as on my realnand) and it works as expected. The "Wii Channel" voice in filters refers to "Hxxx" channels as defined in sort.c:
Code:
            case GAME_TYPE_Wii_Channel:
                isGameType = (list[i].magic == CHANNEL_MAGIC) && ((memcmp("H",list[i].id,1) == 0)
                            || (memcmp("UCXF",list[i].id,4) == 0)        //cfg loader
                            || (memcmp("MAUI",list[i].id,4) == 0)        //backup homebrew channel
                            || (memcmp("NEOG",list[i].id,4) == 0));    //backup disk channel

"Hxxx" channels are:
Code:
Title ID    Description
00010001-HADx    Opera / Internet Channel
00010001-HAJx    Everyone Votes Channel
00010001-HAPx    Check Mii Out / Mii Contest Channel
00010001-HATx    Nintendo Channel
00010001-HAVx    Today and Tomorrow Channel
00010001-HAWx    Metroid Prime 3 Preview
00010001-HAZA    Photo Channel 1.1 (Europe?)
00010001-HBNx    TV Friend Channel / G-Guide for Wii
00010001-HCAx    Daigasso! Band Bros. DX Speaker Channel
00010001-HCBx    Shashin Channel 1.0 Fukkyuu Programme - Translates to: Photograph Channel 1.0 Restoration Program
00010001-HCDx    Digicam Print Channel
00010001-HCFx    Wii Speak Channel
00010001-HCIx    Wii no Ma Channel
00010001-HCJx    BBC iPlayer Channel
00010001-HCLx    Netflix Channel
00010001-HCMx    Kirby TV Channel
00010008-HCCx    Demae Channel/Japan Food Service
see: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00010001-Hxxx_:_Channels

Minus some other channel as defined in "menu.c":
Code:
bool unwanted_channel(const char *d_name)
{
    if (!strncmp(d_name, ".", 1)            // current directory
    || !strncmp(d_name, "..", 2)            // previous directory
    || !strncmp(d_name, "48414141", 8)    // H A A A Photo channel 1.0
    || !strncmp(d_name, "af1bf516", 8)    // B o o t M i i
    || !strncmp(d_name, "4a4f4449", 8)    // J O D I home brew channel
    || !strncmp(d_name, "48415858", 8)    // H A X X home brew channel
    || !strncmp(d_name, "55435846", 8)    // U C X F cfg loader forwarder
    || !strncmp(d_name, "4d415549", 8)    // M A U I backup homebrew channel
    || !strncmp(d_name, "4e454f47", 8)    // N E O G backup disk channel
                                        )
Note: This last built-in filter is applied globally at channel scan time, so the "or"ed ids in the sort filter will never match.

SilentSmoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkFlare69 ~~ Yea same, this is my favorite loader!

@nitraiolo ~~ Thanks for the info, that makes sense regarding the Wii channels filter.

- I have solved my problem anyways. It seems the SNES9XGX 4.3.1 Cover v1 Mod has broken support for SMB sharing, and usb loading seems to only recognize the hdd sometimes.
- I switched to an official SNES9XGX release (4.3.2) and everything boots up good via SMB/USB, however have lost covers in the process.
- Once working I installed a SNES9XGX forwarder to my emunand and it shows in CFG, and also boots properly into SNES9XGX with my SMB settings.
- Default loader settings, the channel auto selects my 251 slot , where I have a D2X Beta53alt with base 58. Not sure why, but sweet none the less.
Voila, SNES9XGX Emulator forwarder in CFG, if named properly (DSNA) you can grab covers for it in CFG.

Rinse repeat for other emulators!
Now Priiloader right into CFG with Wii/GameCube/WiiWare/Emulators all at a click! Everything exits right back into CFG, and have yet to find a game that doesn't work, love it!

Thanks to all who have contributed to this project, it is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: nitraiolo

nitraiolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DarkFlare69 ~~ Yea same, this is my favorite loader!

@nitraiolo ~~ Thanks for the info, that makes sense regarding the Wii channels filter.

- I have solved my problem anyways. It seems the SNES9XGX 4.3.1 Cover v1 Mod has broken support for SMB sharing, and usb loading seems to only recognize the hdd sometimes.
- I switched to an official SNES9XGX release (4.3.2) and everything boots up good via SMB/USB, however have lost covers in the process.
- Once working I installed a SNES9XGX forwarder to my emunand and it shows in CFG, and also boots properly into SNES9XGX with my SMB settings.
- Default loader settings, the channel auto selects my 251 slot , where I have a D2X Beta53alt with base 58. Not sure why, but sweet none the less.
Voila, SNES9XGX Emulator forwarder in CFG, if named properly (DSNA) you can grab covers for it in CFG.

Rinse repeat for other emulators!
Now Priiloader right into CFG with Wii/GameCube/WiiWare/Emulators all at a click! Everything exits right back into CFG, and have yet to find a game that doesn't work, love it!

Thanks to all who have contributed to this project, it is greatly appreciated!

Good job!

If you give me the forwarder list ids I can add them to the "Wii channel" list, this way when I'll finish to implement the filter persistance you can have a profile for forwarders too.

Thanks!

SilentSmoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nitraiolo ~ I haven't installed anymore emulators yet, but plan on it tonight/tomorrow. Here is a list I just created, forwarders are available so should be good to go with this list.

Thanks! Sounds great to have them all show in a filter.

Attachments

• Emulator_IDS.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 387

doomtrigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why when I try to download cheats I'm getting access forbidden 403? Also where do I put the cheat files on the SD card?

RyanTHEdestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me please? Im trying to softmod my neighbors sons black wii. I got HBC on there with letter bomb. But when I try and use conf. USB loader to load his sons backups, it says missing cIOS 249. I have my white wii soft modded, but there is only one SD card that I can get config. USB loader to work on. SO I tried to copy wads from that sd to his. Im a noob, and forgot that my white one is on IOS u4.1 and his is on 4.3. So, i almost bricked it. I backed up the NAND and got the system menu back. My question is, if I find cIOS 249, where do I put it? Also, where do I put .dol files in the SD card? I have a few syscheck screen shots. These are from my sd card on my white wii with OS 4.3. I put them in his to see if the cfg usb would work. I also need to know why I can downgrade on my wii but not his. I use MMM on mine. Thanks in advance. Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_3.jpgScreenshot_4.jpgScreenshot_5.jpg

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me please? Im trying to softmod my neighbors sons black wii. I got HBC on there with letter bomb. But when I try and use conf. USB loader to load his sons backups, it says missing cIOS 249. I have my white wii soft modded, but there is only one SD card that I can get config. USB loader to work on. SO I tried to copy wads from that sd to his. Im a noob, and forgot that my white one is on IOS u4.1 and his is on 4.3. So, i almost bricked it. I backed up the NAND and got the system menu back. My question is, if I find cIOS 249, where do I put it? Also, where do I put .dol files in the SD card? I have a few syscheck screen shots. These are from my sd card on my white wii with OS 4.3. I put them in his to see if the cfg usb would work. I also need to know why I can downgrade on my wii but not his. I use MMM on mine. Thanks in advance.View attachment 18665View attachment 18665View attachment 18666View attachment 18667View attachment 18668View attachment 18669
Start from scratch and use ModMii: http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/. I've used it half a dozen times including on a black Wii. Has worked every time.

MajorFoley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so this might be a little bit of a dumb question but today I checked their installation site again (I already have it installed a while back) and they say WBFS is no longer recommended and to use FAT32 instead. My current hard drive I use is divided into 2 partitions. 1 for NTFS for my PC and the 2nd part is WBFS I think. Since he recommends FAT32 for dios mios would it be better for me to just use devolution or that nintendont ive just been hearing about?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but for some reason I can't seem to find it, so I'm going to go ahead and ask.

It's been a pretty long time since I messed with my Wii, but I decided to try modding it from scratch to see if I could get the whole nand emulation/WiiWare/VC stuff working properly. In the past, I had been using uLoader and then CFG USB Loader to set up and run the titles, but started running into problems where very few games would work, and even then it would be fairly unreliable. I'm not 100% sure how everything is set up, or whether it's set up properly. The hard drive is split into two partitions, FAT32 (first partition, 100GB) and NTFS (second partition, 900GB). The virtual nand files are on FAT32, as well as Gamecube ISOs, while Wii ISOs are on NTFS. CFG itself is on the SD card, because when I had it on USB, it had issues playing music in the menu for some reason.

I used ModMii, followed all the steps, and so far everything seems to have gone smoothly.
I'm using Configurable USB Loader, and so far all Wii titles I've tried work correctly (except House of the Dead: Overkill, but that's nothing new). The version I'm using is the one linked in AbdallahTerro's signature, labeled "CFG-USBL-78mod", since a thread for Nintendont said to use his mod.
I installed Nintendont and now Gamecube titles are working (including Ikaruga, which wasn't working under Dios Mios, so that's a nice bonus).
I installed the Mighty Plugin, and Wiiware/VC titles show up in my games list again, but they all say they're missing IOS 252.

According to https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/mighty-channels , Mighty requires Waninkoko's cIOS rev17 or rev21, so I assume I want to install one of those to 252, but I can't seem to figure out how. Everything I download wants to install to 249 or 250 only, and I can't figure out how to change that.

So, I guess my question is, am I on the right track? If so, how can I install the needed cIOS to the proper slot? If not, what should I be doing to get these titles to work properly?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the ModMii page:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/
Download the latest version and use it. It can help you get Waninkoko's cIOS files.
Thank you for your reply. I was able to get Waninkoko's v17/v21 cIOSes, but the wads that ModMii downloads only seem to install to either 249 or 250. Neither MMM nor YAWMM allow me to change the destination. I tried poking around the program again, as well as reading the thread (though with so many pages, I didn't read all of them, I admit), so I don't know if there's an option I'm missing somewhere. The "Advanced Download" option allows me to download and patch an IOS and select what slot the resulting wad installs to, but it doesn't seem to include cIOSes. 249/250 currently have d2x-v8 base 56/57 installed by ModMii. Pointing Mighty at one of these causes it to crash with a stack dump.

The d2x installer does seem to allow me to choose the destination slots. Should I install Waninkoko's to 250 and use the d2x installer to install d2x-v8-57 to 252 in case something needs it? It seems to me that if the default setting points at 252, that this isn't the best way to set it up, so I am still missing something.

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configurable-usb-loader notes:

- cIOS supported: waninkoko's 247, 248, 249 & 250, Hermes 222, 223, 224 (mload) v4,v5, kwiirk 222 & 223 (yal)

I am running the modmii install as set up by the program. I only use my Wii for usb game play. Sorry I can’t be of more help. You might try posting in the Modmii forum and maybe XFlak will chime in with some advice.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to change the path within the boot.dol for "/apps/Nintendont/" to simply "/Nintendont/"?

I want to put Nintendont on the root rather than within apps so it doesn't show in HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: