Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to set all games to 'partial' without having to set each and every game? I can't seem to find any global settings for it. I'm assuming that partial is just for game saves?

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the help, but for some reason I really can't find that. It's most likely I can't see it for looking. I've clicked everything I can click but I don't see NAND emulation settings. I'm using 70r50, and I've even taken the Admin Lock off.

Ahh that will be the reason I can't find it then! :glare:

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
v70r51
=========
-create plugins folder when not exist
-changed button color (add "old_button_color=1" to config.txt for the old color)
-wbfs folder is now configurable (add "wbfs_fat_dir=/yourWbfsFoler" to config.txt)
-added DM 2.5 screenshot setting
-improved devolution video settings
-added new filters for Wii games and channels
-improved mighty plugin

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/detail?name=cfg70MODr51.dol

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK
I tried
wbfs_fat_dir=/MYNAME/wbfs
but it says, no game found, also tried
wbfs_fat_dir=/myname/wbfs (wiiMC and wiixplorer show it as MYNAME(uppercase, cant get changed)
-wbfs folder is now configurable (add "wbfs_fat_dir=/yourWbfsFoler" to
config.txt)

is working now with the HSTI wireless media stick...loads game list from networkshare over wlan, wlan seems to be timeout reason at controller screen, after the beep, game stops loading

so wlan over usb seems to have issue, damned...

smb connection for wbfs folder with lan adapter would be next option for people with several wiis

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I have created an emulated nand with modmii, and it works great. I am now trying to run my backups via configurable usb loader, but I am having no luck loading the games. I get an error which is something like this.

set_frag -60 error set_wbfs -60

Any help to resolve this will be much appreciated.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using v70r51 with glass theme, and I've got FIX94's v12 glass loader (non-slow version).

Though while CFG is actually loading it shows CFG stripes. I notice FIX94 has the same in his videos for loaders. Is there a replacement 'loader' screen, so everything matches up?

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having problems loading EmuNand wiiware/VC games? Whenever I load one it takes me to the homebrew channel. I'm using v70r51 with the new mighty.dol.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently repartitioning my HDD for maximum compatibility... Once it's done, I'll have a 30 GB FAT32 active primary partition at the beginning of the drive for NGC followed by a larger NTFS partition for Wii games (after finally running into a game that absolutely demands NTFS or it hangs at a particular place (The Last Story.))

I'm wondering how I can set up CFG USB Loader for compatibility with both partitions... Will I have to switch between partitions actively, or is there a way I can make USB Loader scan and use both? If I have ntfs_write = 1, will this affect FAT32 compatibility?

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an interesting request for the next revision.
When booting a game through Devolution, can there be a way to disable the clean dump check?
Some trimmed games do work with Devolution.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have an interesting request for the next revision.
When booting a game through Devolution, can there be a way to disable the clean dump check?
Some trimmed games do work with Devolution.
Unfortunately, that part of Devolution (well, all of it, actually) is obfuscated, encrypted and/or otherwise hidden from any tampering and cannot be changed. You could always try inflating the IOS again with something like GCIT but I can't even promise that that will work at all.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't clear enough: Cfg Loader added a check for correct disk size within the past couple of revisions. (If iso is not 1:1 Cfg loader stops you when trying to boot a trimmed iso with Devolution and forces you to exit to Wii Menu) In the past I was able to load Devolution from Cfg loader with a trimmed iso. I think Devolution's verification only checks first couple of bytes of the iso, not its entirety. This is my theory of why some trimmed isos work.

I may go back and check which revision added the check, but the recent changelogs mention fixed Devolution loading, which may indicate that the most recent version of Devolution will not work with the older Cfg builds.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for adding the "Wii Game" filter. One question though, how do I set CFG to load a filter by default on startup (instead of "Show All")? I can't seem to find an option to do this anywhere, including admin mode. Thanks!

cheesypr09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out how to use mighty plugin.

I have Cfg USB Loader mod v70r51, downloaded mighty plugin via built in update feature.
I copied my nand I use with SNEEK to usb:\nand (This nand works fine with SNEEK)
VC/WW shows up in list of titles along with my Wii and NGC titles (Wii and NGC games load fine)
Whenever I select a VC/WW game screen goes black and after a while Cfg USB Loader reloads (I have it set to return automatically)

I resized my USB partition to ~990GB to stay under 1TB limit (It's FAT 32 with 32K clusters)
I used ModMii to reinstall all IOSs as some earlier post recommended doing that.

What am I missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1