Hacking Configurable USB Loader

WarDarkFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with the loader. I've updated all my IOS and cIos using ModMii and formatted my HP 16gb usb flash drive to NTSF in order to play Xenoblade. I plug the drive into the usb slot closest to the edge and run the configurable loader v70 ios 248 from the HB channel. Then it just hangs at the slash screen and doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a system menu of 4.1u. any help is appritiated!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
WarDarkFox said:
I'm having issues with the loader. I've updated all my IOS and cIos using ModMii and formatted my HP 16gb usb flash drive to NTSF in order to play Xenoblade. I plug the drive into the usb slot closest to the edge and run the configurable loader v70 ios 248 from the HB channel. Then it just hangs at the slash screen and doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a system menu of 4.1u. any help is appritiated!
That's your problem. Format it as FAT32 and rip the game with Cfg so it will be split.

WarDarkFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
WarDarkFox said:
That's your problem. Format it as FAT32 and rip the game with Cfg so it will be split.
what about transfering fron my PC to the usb? (ex: Xenoblade is 6.33gb) Also how long does Cfg usually take to load into the part where i can select a game?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
WarDarkFox said:
Xenoblade working here without any problem on NTFS.
Maybe its a bad rip?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
JoostinOnline said:
WarDarkFox said:
Xenoblade working here without any problem on NTFS.
Maybe its a bad rip?
Just because it works for you on NTFS, that doesn't mean it works for everyone. FAT32 is much more likely to work.

If it doesn't work, then you are probably right about a bad rip. However, I said to rip it with Cfg so there shouldn't be problem.

Eity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to play and even clear Kirby Epic Yarn with this loader (using USB Transcend 8 GB)... But when I tried other games, it was unable to recognize particion (FAT with wbfs folder and converted files). But it did launch them from SD card. So... why is that so, and how can I launch other games from USB?

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zhelkus said:
I have a quick region compatibility question:

I have a NTSC Wii. I'm playing a PAL game. I'm using the "Game's Default Region" for the display. Should I change it to force NTSC? Or will nothing bad happen if I leave it at default?
Thanks guys for all your answers. I've decided on leaving it as default which should be PAL. Either way I haven't had any issues so far but if I do I'll be sure to post back.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarDarkFox said:
Before copying your to the external hard drive, ALWAYS verify their integrity with WIM's ISO Tools. You can always check to see if your backup is damaged or if it was ripped incorrectly.

It's a crying shame that hardly anybody makes good use of this tool... crying shame. All my personal backups are stored as WIAs along with the garbage data. *Hopeful that someday somebody can decrypt all that end of disc gibberish*

ourpc2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I used to use the usbloadergx and wiiflow but nowadays i prefer the cfgusbloader (better compatibility with my backups); But i do have one question: I've tried using the CfgLoaderConfiguratorv69 without sucess. All i wanna do is: to set the path to store the covers into the usb drive (like the usbloadergx); When i generate the "config.txt with all option" changing the global options 2 (into the field of the covers path) and overwrite the config.txt all i get is a DSI error.. Does somebody knows what my problem is?!
Thanks in advance!
I don't have space into the sd to store the covers.. so all i need is to change the device where the cfgusb loader stores the covers...

WarDarkFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
changed the usb drive to fat32 but Cfg still won't recognize it. I tried usb loader gx and that worked, except my arc rise fantasia will not load. I'm at a loss for the cfg loader

WarDarkFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
WarDarkFox said:
changed the usb drive to fat32 but Cfg still won't recognize it. I tried usb loader gx and that worked, except my arc rise fantasia will not load. I'm at a loss for the cfg loader
What happens when you try to load Cfg?

with the usb drive in the slot, the Cfg hangs on the splash screen. If I remove the usb it goes to the next screen where it is looking for the drive. If I plug the drive back in it stop the retry count but then hangs again without advancing or finding the drive

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!

I just updated my Wii by running the latest modmii and now i have some issues with CFG loader.

When I launch CFG from my forwarder and USB-drive the video modes starts to flip (and splash screen doesn't even show) and then i enter CFG in 480i and i can't do anything, my theme music starts, but my wiimote turns itself off and wont connect again.

1/5 times it starts correctly by first showing the splash screen with version and so on, and then I can move around just fine.

What could be causing this?

I'm have a PAL Wii with 4.2 and all the latest cIOS.

/Cheers

ourpc2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Make sure you have the folders in your HDD drive.

Hey man! I've also tried that without sucess. Can somebody upload all the files of cgf usb loader (a pack) changing the folder of the covers/2d/3d/full to an usb drive? (despite the usual sd folder)
Thanks guys!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ourpc2 said:
Hey guys! I used to use the usbloadergx and wiiflow but nowadays i prefer the cfgusbloader (better compatibility with my backups); But i do have one question: I've tried using the CfgLoaderConfiguratorv69 without sucess. All i wanna do is: to set the path to store the covers into the usb drive (like the usbloadergx); When i generate the "config.txt with all option" changing the global options 2 (into the field of the covers path) and overwrite the config.txt all i get is a DSI error.. Does somebody knows what my problem is?!
Thanks in advance!
I don't have space into the sd to store the covers.. so all i need is to change the device where the cfgusb loader stores the covers...
You should be specifying the path as usb:/path or ntfs:/path depending on whether the partition with the images is FAT32 or NTFS. If you've been doing that, then try specifying a directory without images on the same drive. If it then loads, then one of your game images might be corrupt and you're going to have to copy them over in batches until you find the one that doesn't work, or use the cover wizard in the Configurator to try to find the one that doesn't display correctly.

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hey guys,

I copied a MP3 file to the music folder and also made sure I changed the path in the configuration , but the music never plays. Path points to SD:/usb-loader/music/

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
NTFS + CFG = no win . Games stored in ISO on a NTFS HDD are not recognised . I placed them in the wbfs folder , softmod is ok.. What's wrong ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: