Hacking Configurable USB Loader

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
I am not a filthy pirate, I have purchased every game that I have on CFG, I buy them NEW at Game Stop , Walmart, on Craigslist, Ebay, Yard Sales, etc. So when I ask a question about a game I have PURCHASED and it will not load, then I would think its a legit question. I know we have had our differences on certain request like the Ocarina cheats, that maybe something could be done to better it, you just said NO CFG will not have enough memory to support it. And yes I am a noob and ask about spinning disk and your response was to eject it and cut throat. So I am sorry if I have questions, In the beginning you have asked for users to inquire about ask question or give suggestions. I have always said you all are AWESOME and thank you for everything you have done.
Sorry you took offense, but it seemed that you were talking about other posts, not your own. Your most recent question in the thread had already seemed to have been answered by yourself an hour or so later, so I don't know which game you are talking about. The comments about piracy were directed at the few questions that had gone unanswered in the meantime, most of which involved people having problems with bad downloads or otherwise made it clear what they were doing. As for Ocarina and the spinning disc, I just gave you our usual answers, as we are sick of people asking for them and like to crack a friendly joke every now and then.

Please let us know the problem that you're having is again and we'll try to help.

QUOTE(_acid_ @ Jul 25 2011, 11:17 AM) i was just downloading some cheats 4 blackops BUT cfg said it had too many cheats. : theres no fix yet is there?
No, and there likely won't ever be. Managing a cheat file with that many cheats in Cfg would be painful and it also has a small memory drain that it is just a tad too annoying to have to cater for. We suggest you use another cheat application, like the GeckoCodes.org Online GCT Creator (find the game, select the GCT link, then click the AddCodes button to edit which ones are enabled and download the GCT when you are done.

Woah! I've kind been following threads where I can (internet in the hospital is kinda hard to pull off). I want to address the piracy issue.

In NO uncertain terms! IF you have an original copy in ANY capacity you are licensed to back it up any way you have to. I don't care if you got the original copy used at game stop (where I get lots of mine), on ebay or from the FRICKING TRASH CAN! IF you have an original of the game you can BACK IT UP WITH WHAT EVER MEANS NECESSARY!!!!!

If there are any that disagree well... you are delusional and I suggest you seek treatment immediately.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dexter222 said:
Woah! I've kind been following threads where I can (internet in the hospital is kinda hard to pull off). I want to address the piracy issue.

In NO uncertain terms! IF you have an original copy in ANY capacity you are licensed to back it up any way you have to. I don't care if you got the original copy used at game stop (where I get lots of mine), on ebay or from the FRICKING TRASH CAN! IF you have an original of the game you can BACK IT UP WITH WHAT EVER MEANS NECESSARY!!!!!

If there are any that disagree well... you are delusional and I suggest you seek treatment immediately.
I don't know what part of my post you are referring to, as I agree with those sentiments entirely. Downloading backups off the Internet is a completely different matter. Even if you own the game, you are supporting the actions of the pirate that put the game up for download, so there are still moral and legal issues and it is up to the individual to consider what is right for them. I obviously feel it is still wrong as most people (except those that somehow destroyed their drives) can rip games themselves just fine.

I personally deal with the moral minefield by ignoring those cases where problems are obviously caused by downloading images, and that's what I refer to in my post. I also harmlessly troll pirates a bit with the IOS236 Installer too, which at least makes me feel a little better about the fact there's plenty of people that use our tools only to play games for free.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Kinda off topic, but a friend of mine said I was stupid for sitting a big collection of Wii games on a shelf when I could sell them now that I have all those backed-up in my HDD. Anyway keep them because Wii U digital outputs Wii games is a good reason, aside not being a pirate.

That's it, carry on =P

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little problem that cropped up the past couple of days.
I have 3 SoftModded Wii's in my house, all setup pretty much the same.
All of them are running CFGUSB Loader v70.
I have made no changes to them in the past 2 weeks or so and just the other day I started have problems with some games that used to work fine.

On my wifes system in the bed room when I go to play Wii Sports Resort it will just reboot and come back up to the CFG USB loader
I have them all set to autoboot to the loader rather than go to the System Menu or HBC.

On my system in the living room when I go to play NBA 08 it will load and when it gets to the safety screen where you hit A to continue it will lock up and the Wiimote will lose sync.

Again both of these games were working fine since I made my last change to the systems, which was updateing to v70.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
I have made no changes to them in the past 2 weeks or so and just the other day I started have problems with some games that used to work fine.

On my wifes system in the bed room when I go to play Wii Sports Resort it will just reboot and come back up to the CFG USB loader
I have them all set to autoboot to the loader rather than go to the System Menu or HBC.

On my system in the living room when I go to play NBA 08 it will load and when it gets to the safety screen where you hit A to continue it will lock up and the Wiimote will lose sync.

Again both of these games were working fine since I made my last change to the systems, which was updateing to v70.

On the Wii Sports Resort issue, are you sure that you have watched the motion plus video on THAT Wii? As for NBA 08, I don't know, what format do you have your drives in?

-Erik

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Sacohen9665 said:

On the Wii Sports Resort issue, are you sure that you have watched the motion plus video on THAT Wii? As for NBA 08, I don't know, what format do you have your drives in?

-Erik
Dr. Clipper "I also harmlessly troll pirates a bit with the IOS236 Installer too" Check to see!

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
burritoboy9984 said:
Sacohen9665 said:

-Erik

If you are using d2x cios v6+ you probably need to clear all CFG files to remove any settings to games (alt dol etc.) to let AUTO IOS-reload blocking work properly.

woodoste

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I'm going crazy with cfg settings.

I'm using USB Loader cfg v70 with "circles" theme and I wanna set to show only 2D covers and to download only 2D covers.
I followed the official tutorial but something is wrong, it still download HQ covers and use them instead of 2D ones :-(

Here's my settings.cfg:

# CFG USB Loader settings file 70
# Note: This file is automatically generated

# Global Settings:

# Profiles: 1
[profile=default]
# Favorite Games: 0
# Current profile: 1
profile = default

# Hidden Games: 1
hide_game = __CF

game:S3GE20 = language:english; video:game; video_patch:0; vidtv:0; country_patch:0; fix_002:0; ios:249; block_ios_reload:auto; alt_dol:0; ocarina:0; hooktype:vbi; write_playlog:0; clear_patches:0;
# END

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wbfs_file.exe misses an option to remove update partition only (so keep game and further partition beside update)

partitions removed get marked as BAD in wii scrubber

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Sacohen9665 said:

-Erik

Erik;

It doesn't even get that far.
I Click A from the Console to load the game and it starts loading it and then re-boots. It never gets into the game to watch the motion plus movie.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what happens when you play a wm+ game for the first time if you don't choose the alt.dol and you aren't using d2xv6 with no ios reload on.

woodoste

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
pplucky said:
woodoste said:
Here's my settings.cfg:
Check your config.txt file instead, which you should find in the same folder as settings.cfg...

I don't have it!
Just done it (I copied lines from settings.cfg to config.txt), almost is OK now :-)
Anyway it still downloads full covers :-/

Here's it:

# Global Settings:
theme = circles
device = usb
partition = WBFS1
gui_style = carousel
gui_rows = 1
download_all_styles = 0
cover_style = standard

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
woodoste said:
pplucky said:
woodoste said:
Here's my settings.cfg:
Check your config.txt file instead, which you should find in the same folder as settings.cfg...

I don't have it!
Just done it (I copied lines from settings.cfg to config.txt), almost is OK now :-)
Anyway it still downloads full covers :-/

Here's it:

# Global Settings:
theme = circles
device = usb
partition = WBFS1
gui_style = carousel
gui_rows = 1
download_all_styles = 0
cover_style = standard
Put gui_style to either grid or flow (all others use 3D cover). Don't forget to either set it in settings.cfg or delete it from there (settings.cfg has priority over config.txt).

I think that changing the gui_style will do the cover download trick also. If not, then to disable all cover downloads except 2D, put in config.txt:
cover_url_3d =
cover_url_disc =
cover_url_full =

If it still doesn't work, put also in config.txt:
cover_url_3d =+
cover_url_disc =+
cover_url_full =+

This should force the app to have no URL to download these covers, so it should do the trick...

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I updated loader from 60 to 70 and now SMG2 dosen't work anymore. Booting Wii game, please wait... and stuck.
frown.gif
What I should do?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Malboro said:
I updated loader from 60 to 70 and now SMG2 dosen't work anymore. Booting Wii game, please wait... and stuck.
frown.gif
What I should do?
You should install cIOS249 d2x v6 base IOS56 and cIOS250 d2x v6 base IOS57 for perfect compatility. Check out the d2x thread in wii hacking for install introductions and download.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
woodoste said:
Hi. I'm going crazy with cfg settings.

I'm using USB Loader cfg v70 with "circles" theme and I wanna set to show only 2D covers and to download only 2D covers.
I followed the official tutorial but something is wrong, it still download HQ covers and use them instead of 2D ones :-(

Here's my settings.cfg:
As suggested, change your gui_stlye to grid, flow or flow-z in settings.cfg and/or config.txt. In config.txt, also add download_all_styles=0 to only download the needed image types.

Alternatively, add cover_url_full= and cover_url_hq= as suggested above and then you can still use the coverflow gui styles, but all the backs of the games will be replaced with a ? image.

FIX94 said:
QUOTE(Malboro @ Jul 31 2011, 11:33 PM) I updated loader from 60 to 70 and now SMG2 dosen't work anymore. Booting Wii game, please wait... and stuck.
frown.gif
What I should do?
You should install cIOS249 d2x v6 base IOS56 and cIOS250 d2x v6 base IOS57 for perfect compatility. Check out the d2x thread in wii hacking for install introductions and download.
Or follow http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...