Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dexter222 said:
I'm trying to change the path for the covers to my hard drive.

Are the USB ports called USB0: and USB1: in CFG? Or USB1: and USB2:?

I tried both USB0: and USB1: in the path but neither work...
covers_path = USB1:/usb-loader/covers (It's USB1: in GX so I tried that first)

The drive is formatted as a single NTFS partition.
We don't name via the ports, we name via partitions. The string 'usb' is used for FAT partitions. You want 'covers_path=ntfs:/usb-loader/covers'

Edit: Oops, missed reading a page of posts and beaten by a mile...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dexter222 said:
LOL it's not that important, I guess. I'll just use a damn SD card
smile.gif
Did you copy the apps folder over to the hard drive as well while testing?

Another thing to test is leaving the SD card in with the apps folder, but don't have the /usb-loader directory on the SD nor a config.txt file in the same directory as boot.dol. Don't use the covers_path line in the config.txt on your drive either. That way, the forwarder will use the SD card, but Cfg will only use the hard drive and it should work like normal.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
All my USB 3.0 drives work fine including all my Seagate Goflex drives as well as Western Digital USB 3.0 drives.
They work on multiple Wiis so I'm sure it's nothing special about my Wii that makes them work.
I have a feeling that if something isn't working right it may have nothing to do with the USB version.
USB 3.0 is fully USB 2.0 backwards compatible.

Well like I said mine doesn't. But after reading your post I tried it again. HBC does read it fine, but CFG does not. When I was trying it before on an earlier version of CFG I used the debug version and it always hung when trying to initialize the drive. Mind you I've tried 3 different drives on 4 different Wii's.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that was my most recent test. I think all my tests were done with different versions of d2x. I guess I should try the 222 version of CFG.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the 222 version it doesn't hang, but it can't find a partition either.
frown.gif
The only thing I haven't tried is a new 3.0 cable, but I don't want to drop $20 on a cable just to see if it will work on the Wii.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
DGenerateKane said:
frown.gif
The only thing I haven't tried is a new 3.0 cable, but I don't want to drop $20 on a cable just to see if it will work on the Wii.
I don't think that a new cable will help.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
USB can display all kinds of weird behaviour with bad cabling.
As the Wii is limited to usb2.0 anyway, you should be able to use a 2.0 cable without repercussions.
You should be able to find one on hubs or printers or buy for

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
DGenerateKane said:
frown.gif
I don't think that a new cable will help.

no ones ever asked for this i think and its not really a big thing but would u be able to add a button to download all Themes?

fwb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The setting
Code:
confirm_start = 0
Does not seem to do anything in the latest version. Maybe because it's GUI now it broke?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fwb said:
The setting
Code:
confirm_start = 0
Does not seem to do anything in the latest version. Maybe because it's GUI now it broke?
This feature does not work with the gui. Only way is to disable the new gui with "gui = 2" in the config file

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought The Smurfs Dance Party made a backup and tried to launch it with CFG and got Metafortress Response! Playing on disk works, but not with CFG. I have all updates, running CFG V70 d2xv6.

Just did a little research and came up with this. MetaFortress ™ enables software developers to easily protect applications against piracy, subversion and tampering. Unbeatable Protection. Oh well another Challenge! I guess now we can make a backup? Why or why can't I just make a backup what I have purchased and that IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
Just bought The Smurfs Dance Party made a backup and tried to launch it with CFG and got Metafortress Response! Playing on disk works, but not with CFG. I have all updates, running CFG V70 d2xv6.

Just did a little research and came up with this. MetaFortress ™ enables software developers to easily protect applications against piracy, subversion and tampering. Unbeatable Protection. Oh well another Challenge! I guess now we can make a backup? Why or why can't I just make a backup what I have purchased and that IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, after some playing around with it, got it to work using cIOS249[56] v21d2x6, no other changes. Sorry for the Panic.

fwb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand you can play a normal game disk by choosing the option in the menu, but is there a nicer way to integrate this choice into the flow? Like when I insert a game, it appears among the rest of the games? Or just a blank representation of a game that will play whatever disk is inserted?

If not, feature request!

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an odd question for you all, probably outdated - but my searches have not yielded me with an answer. Escape from Bug Island will not play from cfg loader (or neo-gamma for that matter) and I was wondering if anyone might have any insight into this. I found very little about this in my searching save one thread that stated: 'ddetkowski: "I have found Escape from Bug Island WILL NOT LOAD, and I've tried everything, USB hard drive, DVD disc, loaders, cIOS's, it just wont play." Thanks for any information.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loads fine without doing anything special. I tested it for you on CFG and GX. I didn't get into game play very far but it loads fine with the latest release of both those loaders.

I am using d2x v6 249[56] and 250[57] - it worked on both those.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter, are you playing off the original disc via boot disc or a backup file? I just updated my d2x cIOS, I was on version 2, and CFG is up to date as well v70, and I have tried using backup files from several different sources beyond my own as I can not get any to work. Each does the same thing; it attempts to load game, screen goes black with a small 'Escape from Bug Island" logo appearing bottom right, flashing a few times, switching to bottom left, flashing... and that's it, it stays at that point. Also of note, I never get a health screen which I thought was odd. Idk... I find it hard to believe that backup files from several different sources would produce the same result, I could see if one was corrupt, but many - all in the same fashion? bleh...

EDIT: I have tried to install via WBM direct to hdd and via CFG itself (Although I am using backup files for both [don't ask about my disc... all i will say is I have 4 kids...], in the case of CFG it is a backup burnt to dvd-r)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2