Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plee82 said:
oggzee said:
plee82 said:
Hello,

I've just switched to CFG Loader yesterday and I have to say this is the most stable loader ever. I really like the admin lock functionality. The only problem I am having is that I am unable to lock back the loader by pressing 1 for 5-10 seconds after it has been unlocked. Is this a known issue or am I force to use the System Setting to lock back the loader? Thanks!

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention this: I am using ciosx d2x v6 on 249 base 56. The cfg loader version is 69d.
i guess locking back by holding 1 works only in console mode, in gui mode yes you will need to go to system settings and lock it there.
(press b to switch between gui and console mode)

Oh! Thank! By the way, I am not sure if this is a loader issue, ciosx issue or my HDD issue. If i leave the wii on the system menu for a long time (like 10 min) and I try to access the loader, the wii freezes during the loading screen. I have to press the power button for 5 seconds for a hard reset. I verified this happens with GX as well. The HDD is a WD Passport 150GB.

I tested some more and I cannot reproduce this by pausing a game for 10-20 min. No hangs. This only happens when I try to start the loader after the HDD has slept.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a button combo to delete an ocarina.txt so it can be redownloaded ?

Wiiflow has this feature, but I can't find it in cfg (unless I'm missing it). At present iirc we can overwrite a .gct so that's cool but what if a cheat is updated ? Soz if it's there and I'm too stoopid to see it
tongue.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Slimmmmmm said:

Wiiflow has this feature, but I can't find it in cfg (unless I'm missing it). At present iirc we can overwrite a .gct so that's cool but what if a cheat is updated ? Soz if it's there and I'm too stoopid to see it
tongue.gif
I think you can just re-download it and it will overwrite the old .txt, or not?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Slimmmmmm said:

tongue.gif
I think you can just re-download it and it will overwrite the old .txt, or not?

That's how it worked last time I tried it several versions ago, so unless you mucked something up since then I assume it is still the same.
tongue.gif

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used CFG last time a year ago, so I am a bit confused. Where can I turn on that the game directly starts when I press A ? I cant find that option anywhere.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hunter291 said:
I used CFG last time a year ago, so I am a bit confused. Where can I turn on that the game directly starts when I press A ? I cant find that option anywhere.

You have to write confirm_start = 0 option in config.txt file.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much
biggrin.gif
And where can I turn on (if that option is available) that the names of the games that are displayed are taken from the way I named the iso ? For example I named a game

One Piece Unlimited Adventure

but the Loader shows the name as

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure

Another example:

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

and the name shown in the Loader is

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I hope that someone understands what I mean xD

edit: also, my loader is acting very weird. it doesn't seem to recognize changes I made in the config.txt. When I change something in the loader, my config.txt doesn't change at all. If I change something in the txt, the loader just ignores it.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hunter291 said:
Thank you very much
biggrin.gif
And where can I turn on (if that option is available) that the names of the games that are displayed are taken from the way I named the iso ?

You can try ignoring reading titles from WiiTDB database using db_ignore_titles = 1 option.

QUOTEedit: also, my loader is acting very weird. it doesn't seem to recognize changes I made in the config.txt. When I change something in the loader, my config.txt doesn't change at all. If I change something in the txt, the loader just ignores it.

How can you adfirm this? What changes did you write in config.txt that the loader didn't read?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hunter291 said:
edit: also, my loader is acting very weird. it doesn't seem to recognize changes I made in the config.txt. When I change something in the loader, my config.txt doesn't change at all. If I change something in the txt, the loader just ignores it.
see /usb-loader/settings.cfg
that's where some settings are stored by the loader when you select save settings.
those settings are overriding the values in config.txt

Saimon7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! First of all thanks a bunch for releasing a so-wonderful backup loader. You're simply the best *kiss*

I guess my question is old, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So please, be patient.
Here we go: can I launch a backup of a japanese game in a PAL wii through Configurable? I need something else?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...a couple weeks ago, I asked the following in this very thread:
Wever said:
I have a question (sorry if it has been asked lots of times):

Is it possible to use CFG to load channels that are installed on your wii system menu? (in a similar way as wiiflow)

And if not...are there any plans for this feature in the future?

(this isn't really a request: it's very clear you guys are busy on other things
smile.gif
)

I hope you don't mind me bringing this up again, but something has changed. You may or may not know that scooby74029 has made a modification for CFG on UNEEK DI. In a way, this was my motivation to ask what I asked: channel loading is more important on uneek (it can hold much more channels than the 500-something megabyte worth the NAND can hold).

Today, scooby updated that modification for the current version (r304) and included that very channel loading. It's very basic and has its share of bugs...but it is there and (in the right circumstances) works. And not only for UNEEK.

Now...scooby also mentions in the thread he hopes this idea gets picked up and used in the official builds. But of course...it is up to you to decide what to do with it.
smile.gif

GRIM.657

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Hmm...a couple weeks ago, I asked the following in this very thread:
Wever said:
I have a question (sorry if it has been asked lots of times):

Is it possible to use CFG to load channels that are installed on your wii system menu? (in a similar way as wiiflow)

And if not...are there any plans for this feature in the future?

(this isn't really a request: it's very clear you guys are busy on other things
smile.gif
)

I hope you don't mind me bringing this up again, but something has changed. You may or may not know that scooby74029 has made a modification for CFG on UNEEK DI. In a way, this was my motivation to ask what I asked: channel loading is more important on uneek (it can hold much more channels than the 500-something megabyte worth the NAND can hold).

Today, scooby updated that modification for the current version (r304) and included that very channel loading. It's very basic and has its share of bugs...but it is there and (in the right circumstances) works. And not only for UNEEK.

Now...scooby also mentions in the thread he hopes this idea gets picked up and used in the official builds. But of course...it is up to you to decide what to do with it.
smile.gif
Can you run channels on a USB drive with this? or only the System Menu / internal NAND? (for those of us who don't emulate the NAND)

Also, just wanted to say that the continued support / development on cfgusb is awesome
smile.gif
keep it up

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiixale said:
hunter291 said:
Thank you very much
biggrin.gif
And where can I turn on (if that option is available) that the names of the games that are displayed are taken from the way I named the iso ?

You can try ignoring reading titles from WiiTDB database using db_ignore_titles = 1 option.

QUOTEedit: also, my loader is acting very weird. it doesn't seem to recognize changes I made in the config.txt. When I change something in the loader, my config.txt doesn't change at all. If I change something in the txt, the loader just ignores it.

How can you adfirm this? What changes did you write in config.txt that the loader didn't read?

I wrote

confirm_start = 0

in my config.txt, but nothing changed in the loader. I still need to click start before the game starts

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wrote it in. nothing happened. the config.txt doesnt even reflect my usb loader. the config.txt says that my skin is bluemoon 2011, but my skin is greymatter. is config.txt the wrong file ?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hunter291 said:
wrote it in. nothing happened. the config.txt doesnt even reflect my usb loader. the config.txt says that my skin is bluemoon 2011, but my skin is greymatter. is config.txt the wrong file ?
it is, but settings you can change and save from the loader itself are saved to settings.cfg
what you want is:
gui = 2
confirm_start = 0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: