smile.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pplucky said:
Hi there.

Everytime I run a game with Cfg Usb Loader, I get an error message saying that it cannot update or use play_rec.dat. If I run the game with write_playlog:0, this does not happen.

How can I fix this? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I could fix it by doing the same as described here, but why did this happen? Does anyone have an idea?
The play logging only updates the play time of the current game. It is the Wii Menu which takes that play time and adds it to the list of all played games. In order to utilise play logging, you MUST return to the real Wii Menu between games. Thus, you cannot use BootMii or Priiloader to autoboot to the HBC or Cfg at startup and you cannot use the return_to_channel option to get Cfg to restart on exit of a game.
This problem of the message regarding play_rec.dat appeared again today when running a game.
I pressed A in the message and in fact, playlog was not updated for the game.
I entered Cfg Usb Loader again and run the same game and the message did not appear again. This time, the playlog was updated successfully.

I tried a different game afterwards and all went OK.
This should not be game related, as the game it happened this time was different from the one last time.

UPDATE: I could find a game in which this message always appears if playlog is on (in game settings) and set to 'English Title'. Is there any way this issue can be tracked down and fixed? I'm open to testing...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
UPDATE: I could find a game in which this message always appears if playlog is on (in game settings) and set to 'English Title'. Is there any way this issue can be tracked down and fixed? I'm open to testing...

It should not be game related. The only times that message should come up is if the file is not present on the NAND to be replaced by the new one. English Title shouldn't affect things either. As long as you entered Cfg from the Wii Menu somehow, either via a forwarder or the HBC, it should work.

How do you launch Cfg when doing the above tests?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pplucky said:

It should not be game related. The only times that message should come up is if the file is not present on the NAND to be replaced by the new one. English Title shouldn't affect things either. As long as you entered Cfg from the Wii Menu somehow, either via a forwarder or the HBC, it should work.

How do you launch Cfg when doing the above tests?
Always via official forwarder channel (v9 alternative)...

But the fact is that each time I run that specific game with those options, I get the message...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v68a (alpha)
cfg68a.dol
cfg68a-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v68a (alpha)
* GUI menu

So here it is finally. An attempt of a GUI thingie. Most of you have probably already seen it (EE).
There's still a lot to do before it's complete, like making it translatable and themable...
Let me know what you think, opinions, ideas, anything...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v68a (alpha)
cfg68a.dol
cfg68a-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v68a (alpha)
* GUI menu

So here it is finally. An attempt of a GUI thingie. Most of you have probably already seen it (EE).
There's still a lot to do before it's complete, like making it translatable and themable...
Let me know what you think, opinions, ideas, anything...
1 question: is it possible to alternate between old interface and new GUI? Or once you install v68a, you only have new GUI?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
1 question: is it possible to alternate between old interface and new GUI? Or once you install v68a, you only have new GUI?
The new GUI menu is only additional stuff on top of the old stuff. Nothing has been removed, so there doesn't seem to be much reason to disable it. Disabling probably will be one of the options we add though, perhaps tied to the simple option.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Pip_X said:
Pip_X said:
What is these 2 version for?
cfg67-compat.dol
cfg67-dbg.dol
I'm sorry, but can someone enlighten me on this please?

Sorry for not answering the first time, but we're getting a little sick of answering this question.

The compat version is a compatibility for a small subset of people that an update to the libraries we use for Cfg caused some weird happenings for.

The dbg version has the debug text enabled by default and is only useful for troubleshooting.

This information can be found in the README from when they were introduced:
In addition to cfg61-222.dol (with default ios 222-mload) there's now also:
cfg61-compat.dol built with the old devkit 17+ogc 1.7.1
cfg61-dbg.dol with debugging enabled by default

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
So here it is finally. An attempt of a GUI thingie.
Superb. CFG is just forging ahead.

One minor comment. I find that the detail page retains its state whereas I prefer it returns to a default view (i.e. cover view for me). e.g. I select a game and look at its info page then select another game from the main page and it comes up again in info view. I suggest it should return to cover view when selecting another game from main view.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really nice
smile.gif
I like the fact that you can filter games alot better then the last rev I had used. The only thing I saw wrong & I'm not sure if you already knew this but the Fav:off wont turn on for me
frown.gif
not that this is a problem since I mostly use uneek now but for other nameless people I have helped out, they do tend to use your loader
smile.gif
finding it the easier. I want to thank you for your work it's truely amazing
smile.gif

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really amazing boys!!!
wink.gif

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

One big aplause from Spain...go on like this...

P.D.:
This time i will not forget to buy you some beers
grog.gif
grog.gif

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I seem to have the cheats working. It seems the cheats themselves were the real problem. The hooktypes had nothing to do with it. Instead of using (E) US codes, I just used (A) Universal codes for Wii Play (NTSC-US) and that did the trick. Although, only some of the codes are working.
laugh.gif

Anyway, thanks a lot you guys for all your help. I guess some codes just do not work and need to be re-done.
yaywii.gif

Ikeiratama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Dr.Clipper
bow.gif
and Oggzee
bow.gif
, and friends fron this forum
wink.gif
:

First of all, congratulations for this marvellous work!!!

Still, I have not tried the version 68 ... I will wait a bit.

I would like to suggest an improvement in the option "music = ".

Actually it is in the Global Options (config.txt), and it isn´t in the Theme Options (theme.txt)...

This is a problem when I change the theme and I want that another music sounds for this theme...
wink2.gif

For the present, to do it there are 2 ways:

1st way To change "Music = route of the music we want to be played "' in the config.txt. So, It is necessary to edit this file whenever let's want to change to another music in concretly.
wacko.gif

2nd way To place the new song in the route where CFG looks for the music. So, it is necessary to write/move the new song on the SD/HD...
wacko.gif

My idea, (the most simple way to do this, I think...), is that it was possible to place music = in the file theme.txt
. This way, whenever we change the theme, if the theme has it´s own music and and has it´s line "music = " with the route of it´s music, it´s music would sound automatically on having changed the theme.
smile.gif

With one click we change the images and the sound, it´s fantastic, isn´t it?

(I do not speak English ... I hope that I have explained it clearly...)

An example:

Theme: CSSv1
Music: CS_CZ.mp3

theme.txt
would have the line music = sd:/usb-loader/themes/CounterSSv1/CS_CZ.mp3

The creators of themes might include music, and in the file theme.txt would include the line music = "folder of the theme where the music is"

Regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag