Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Dangy said:
So If I put JUST the text file into my codes folder I'll be able to manage them via CFG?
Cfg can't manage cheats for files as big as the one for Brawl. You need to use another app to do it.

For smaller cheat files, the Cfg cheat manager can read the .txt file and allow you to turn on some codes, then you tell it to generate a .gct file with the ones you selected.

However, while it can't accept large .txt files, Cfg can accept any size of .gct file. Thus, you just use your other app (on Wii or PC) to create a .gct file with all the codes you want to use enabled and put that into Cfg's codes directory. Then you go to the options for the game and turn the Ocarina option to on. When you start the game, the cheats will be applied and it should all work. The only other thing you might need to do is to change the hook type, which is also in the per-game settings. Try different values of that option until you find one that works. You don't use the manage cheats option at all as the .gct file has already been created by the other program.

Alright thanks alot. I've got the .txt file down to about 190 lines, but I'm not sure of how to get it into a format that CFG will recognize.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Dangy said:
Alright thanks alot. I've got the .txt file down to about 190 lines, but I'm not sure of how to get it into a format that CFG will recognize.
What I'm saying is not to bother. Take the original, full, unedited version of the .txt file and use a more powerful cheat manager to compile the whole thing for you. Cfg doesn't need to recognise the .txt file as you are not using Cfg's cheat manager. Cfg will recognise the .gct file created by the other cheat manager just fine.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
When you find it, you'll definitely know you've found it.

Found it.
yaywii.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
abdias said:
Dr. Clipper said:
abdias said:
Is the easter egg the cover rotation in flow mode?
No.
So this is an old feature. Maybe is it an infos in global options?
When you find it, you'll definitely know you've found it.

no special requisites needed i hope, i.e just the ability to launch CFG and view games

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This easter egg thing is driving me nuts. can we get a little more help? Any other little hints? I don't want it to be givin away but please something...... PLEASE!!!!!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
No more hints, sorry. The chain of hints already available is plenty.

And yeah, no special controllers are needed, nor do you need to be quick about doing anything. Just follow the clues and take things slowly and you'll discover it.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
No more hints, sorry. The chain of hints already available is plenty.

And yeah, no special controllers are needed, nor do you need to be quick about doing anything. Just follow the clues and take things slowly and you'll discover it.
Man you suck.....lol.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more question. is this, gui_pointer_scroll = 1, supposed to give you a pointer in grid mode? I tried it and did not see any difference in anything. I tried in the grid mode and the covers mode.

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
bd3319 said:
one more question. is this, gui_pointer_scroll = 1, supposed to give you a pointer in grid mode? I tried it and did not see any difference in anything. I tried in the grid mode and the covers mode.
gui_pointer_scroll =.........I think it's just a option (when you choose '1 or 0') to enable the games scrolling when you aim the remote at the left and right side of the screen,or make the games to only scroll with the directional key.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Dangy said:
What I'm saying is not to bother. Take the original, full, unedited version of the .txt file and use a more powerful cheat manager to compile the whole thing for you. Cfg doesn't need to recognise the .txt file as you are not using Cfg's cheat manager. Cfg will recognise the .gct file created by the other cheat manager just fine.

But I don't want to use all 100+ Brawl cheats.
ohnoes.png

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Dangy said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Dangy said:

But I don't want to use all 100+ Brawl cheats.
ohnoes.png

dont edit the .txt, use Cheat Manager/AccioHacks to enable what hacks you want from the available hacks in the .txt files, then generate the .gct needed by loaders. The .gct onlt holds the needed information the loaders use to enable whatever cheats you selected, the .txt file holds the selectable cheats that you can use.

In short

The .txt holds ALL available codes and can be edited to update with new codes, this file is untouched by loaders/managers
The .gct hold ONLY the SELECTED codes from the .txt file, the cheats you want to use, this file is regenerated when you want to enable different cheats

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
dont edit the .txt, use Cheat Manager/AccioHacks to enable what hacks you want from the available hacks in the .txt files, then generate the .gct needed by loaders. The .gct onlt holds the needed information the loaders use to enable whatever cheats you selected, the .txt file holds the selectable cheats that you can use.

In short

The .txt holds ALL available codes and can be edited to update with new codes, this file is untouched by loaders/managers
The .gct hold ONLY the SELECTED codes from the .txt file, the cheats you want to use, this file is regenerated when you want to enable different cheats

Okay, that's what I was confused about.

So, I'll always have to use a PC, or Wii App to change which cheats are enable. (For Brawl.)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jordan_ch said:
bd3319 said:
gui_pointer_scroll =.........I think it's just a option (when you choose '1 or 0') to enable the games scrolling when you aim the remote at the left and right side of the screen,or make the games to only scroll with the directional key.

Yes, that's what the option is for.

TheRealVisitor said:
Whats this in FAQ? Is this new? "* DONE: GC launcher (disc only)"
You can launch some GCN discs using the boot from disc option in the main menu. This only covers original discs and some discs (particularly PAL ones) have issues, depending on your video mode.

QUOTE(Dangy @ Mar 18 2011, 05:54 AM)
Okay, that's what I was confused about.

So, I'll always have to use a PC, or Wii App to change which cheats are enable. (For Brawl.)
Yes, unless you only want to select from a small enough range of the available cheats that you would be able to remove all the others that you never want to use from the .txt file.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

In order to see Disc cover before loading game I added:
cover_style = disc
inside config.txt

The problem is that Disc covers also appears on flow and flow-z view.

Is there any way to change this?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
Hi!

cover_style = disc
inside config.txt

No.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
Jabe said:
Hi!

cover_style = disc
inside config.txt

No.

Oh that's why
unsure.gif

Could you please add this to your to-do-list or bugtracker ?

I know your list must already be long but whatever there's no hurry for me.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
Oh that's why
unsure.gif

Could you please add this to your to-do-list or bugtracker ?

I know your list must already be long but whatever there's no hurry for me.
This is one of those things that oggzee ruled out a long time ago, unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer