Hacking Configurable USB Loader

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in my thread but not every one looks there but if you seem to be having trouble with the online black ops update it's the shop channel I had to update ios56 and use the latest version of the shop channel and now I'm able to connect srry for the off topic stuff guys but I know a lit of people turn here for answers and u know I like to help

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Dragoon709 said:
I'm having an issue with my HDD and my softmodded Wii with CFGUSB loader. I have a 1TB drive split into 2 500GB drives with F: my wbfs Partition and G: being an NTFS partition for comp backups. was working up until recently, and now will no longer read on the Wii but I can still access it on the PC with WBFS manager and the PC reads the NTFS partition perfectly..... and help would be greatly appreciated.

and yes I searched but 472 pages is a lot of info to read through.....

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used the MODMii app by Xflak to complete the softmod.
I think that it would be better join the two partitions in only one with NTFS format.You could access it from Windows and the Wii too.

Greetings.

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
jesquinas said:
I think that it would be better join the two partitions in only one with NTFS format.You could access it from Windows and the Wii too.
Greetings.

Yeah! I agree with jesquinas! I'm now having only one NTFS partition in my 500G HDD,and put wii games in the WBFS folder. At the same time i can also store/manage windows files in other folders.

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PsyBlade said:
afaik cfg doesent even have a nand emu
system nand is the only one it can use

Patience is a virtue
wink.gif

gqzang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jordan_ch said:
jesquinas said:
Greetings.

Yeah! I agree with jesquinas! I'm now having only one NTFS partition in my 500G HDD,and put wii games in the WBFS folder. At the same time i can also store/manage windows files in other folders.

CFG loader deal with NTFS partitions pretty well, I tried several HDDs (60G, 100G, 320G, 640G, 1.5TG) without a problem. Computers is OK of course. But other Wii Homebrews such as FTPii, WiiMC and WiiXplorer, seems not stable on NTFS, they only recognize some of them, or sometimes can and sometime can't recognize some of them. Even worse, one of my HDD (320GB) can be recognized by above 3 homebrews, until one day I put a new game on the WBFS folder, then it can not be recognized anymore. So for Gaming and computer applications only, you can stick to NTFS with CFG loader. It may also depend on the type of HDD you have.

PE06MCG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been using 'Configurable USB Loader' without problem until I decided to use a 1 TB external HDD for storage.
My HDD is a Seagate 'Expansion' using an ST310005EXD101-RK drive.
Eventually got my Wii to see the loader but only by first formatting as FAT32, splitting the drive, deleting the proposed useful section then creating it as a new partition as primary then formatting as usual with WBFS Manager.
Installed some games to try but was unable to get software to load game either through channel or HBC.
Got as far as

[+] Booting Wii game, please wait .....
IOS (249)

Then the Wii froze.

This was with any game.
No problems before with IOS 249.

Tried USB Loader GX and this had no difficulty in loading IOS 249.

Changed single game to IOS 222 and game played successfully.
Changed config.txt to load all games using IOS 222 and success.

Has anyone else had difficulty with IOS 249 and will using IOS 222 cause me any long term difficulties?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PE06MCG said:
Has anyone else had difficulty with IOS 249 and will using IOS 222 cause me any long term difficulties?
IOS249 is using a different loading process and it has a different USB HDD compatility. It could be that your HDD doesn't work correctly with cfg-loader in combination with IOS249. You can simply use hermes cIOSes like IOS222 what you are currently using, it's more stable than IOS249 and it seems like it's compatible with your HDD, so you won't get long term difficulties.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've used 222 since way back when rev15 came out. it seemed after updating from 249rev14 to rev 15+ it wouldnt load any of my games; not until i tried converting everything over to FAT32 but by that point hermes cios did such a great job i never reverted back. I think i only have to use rev249 for WW/VC USB Loading and 250 for COD:BO, everything else runs under 222
smile.gif
definitely the best unless otherwise needed.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a site or list where I can find out all the game ID's? I just started using CFG with NTFS, and I see you need to have the game id in the file name.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I know of downloading the titles.txt from WiiTDB, but I was just wondering if there was a site that had a constant updated list that you can just look at and not have to download.

bryandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,i use this configurable usb loader for my WII,but i last had a look on here a good few months ago,will there have been an updated version of this to play the games i couldnt?if so,can someone direct me to the files/guide please?

i s there a quick way of "online update" or somthing?

thanks!

wxppf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I checked my cIOS in cfg v65-222
noticed the following (don't know is this is normal) or am I missing some...
Ios 222 Base 38 v4
Ios223 Stub
Ios 224 Not Installed
Ios 245 Not Installed
Ios 246 Not Installed
Ios 247 Not Installed
Ios 248 Not Installed
Ios 249 Base: 57 Rev20 (r20)
Ios 250 Base: ?? (R65535)
is this a normal situation?? or am I outdated or incomplete?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wxppf said:
Hello
I checked my cIOS in cfg v65-222
[...]
is this a normal situation?? or am I outdated or incomplete?

Well, just ask yourself this thing: are your games playing flawlessly? If yes, you don't need anything more.

All the slots that give the message "not installed" represent the opportunity to install different cIOSes in different slots, but they do not have to be filled.
wink.gif

matrixebiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I tried to update to 65 from the wii in CFG but then when I boot CFG it doesn't load now so I had to load back 61 from my SD.

What do I need to do differently to install 65?

Thanks

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
matrixebiz said:
Hello, I tried to update to 65 from the wii in CFG but then when I boot CFG it doesn't load now so I had to load back 61 from my SD.

Thanks

Go here and download what you need (just the dol, all the package etc...)

But: what is the problem that CFG gives you, exactly?

intania

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
just update to v65-222 and everything works great
until I update titles.txt, I cannot start loader anymore. It's just freeze at title screen
Delete titles.txt and problem solved

Anyone got this problem?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
matrixebiz said:

Thanks
How are you running the app? Through HBC or through a forwarder? I'm asking this because the latest official forwarder requires IOS58 installed and if you don't have it, all you get is also a black screen on loading.

Hope this helps.

daveangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi.

i cant make the loader start in 3d flow, i always have to press B. anyone help me out i cant see an option anywhere to change v065

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...