Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
elmerohueso said:
I have an external HDD with a WBFS partition for games and a FAT32 partition for CFG loader and covers. After upgrading to version 62, CFG Loader causes my Wii to freeze (with a blinking disc slot) every time it tries to write to the FAT32 partition (when downloading covers or saving settings). Is this a common issue people have had before. Will setting the partition's Security settings using Windows help? What else might be causing the issue?
Can you try running disk check on windows pc? (without scan for bad sectors)
And then retry?

If you go to a previous version is the problem fixed?
How about the latest 63b4?

Posts merged

QUOTE(.44 Magnum @ Jan 9 2011, 05:20 AM) The slow moving covers at specific points in coverflow3D is happening to me as well. It seems to be wiitdb related though because when I delete my wiitdb everything is fine, but as soon as I restore it the problem is back. Also, it happens regardless if I'm using the d-pad or the pointer to cycle through the covers and 63b3 works just fine without having to delete my wiitdb. On a positive note however, it's awesome being able to read the entire game synopsis. Thanks for all the hard work!!
Ok, i found the problem...

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
How so? "Advanced users" will just edit the config files in a text editor. The config app is more for new users.
I'd prefer to edit the config file than use some stinkin' windows executable (I'm a linux guy).

However, how does one know what configuration settings are possible? The linux semi-convention is to list all options with their default value commented out in the config file. It would be nice if CFG did this.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark said:
I'd prefer to edit the config file than use some stinkin' windows executable (I'm a linux guy).
However, how does one know what configuration settings are possible? The linux semi-convention is to list all options with their default value commented out in the config file. It would be nice if CFG did this.
README-CFG.TXT

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
pplucky said:
@FIX94: Any idea why this slowdown of the forwarder channel is happening?
Maybe you have the same issue as me. I'm running the loader from SD but the config folder is on HDD. The forwarder starts, shows a black screen for about 20 seconds and then shows the loaders' splash - do you have a similar setup?
Same symptom as you, but both folders are on SD card...

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pplucky said:
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
pplucky said:
@FIX94: Any idea why this slowdown of the forwarder channel is happening?
Maybe you have the same issue as me. I'm running the loader from SD but the config folder is on HDD. The forwarder starts, shows a black screen for about 20 seconds and then shows the loaders' splash - do you have a similar setup?
Same symptom as you, but both folders are on SD card...

it is likely hdd slows

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v63b5 (beta)
cfg63b5.dol
cfg63b5-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v63b5 (beta)
* Fixed coverflow slowdowns when using wiitdb
* Improved switching between games in confirmation screen
(disabled background mp3 while switching because of banner sounds)
* Removed obsolete options cover_url_*_norm
* More info in debug.log (mem, time)
* Minor cleanups

oricon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey
i want to request a feature to allow me to switch games to 4:3 and 16:9 widescreen as its annoying to keep doing this for certain games like NSMB wii which are widescreen only and since i have a normal 4:3 sd tv i have them black bars so i need to switch the aspect ration to 16:9, was hoping if you could add this feature to the backup loader and choose which games should force widescreen like how you did for the pal 60 and pal 50 options.

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
elmerohueso said:
I have an external HDD with a WBFS partition for games and a FAT32 partition for CFG loader and covers. After upgrading to version 62, CFG Loader causes my Wii to freeze (with a blinking disc slot) every time it tries to write to the FAT32 partition (when downloading covers or saving settings). Is this a common issue people have had before. Will setting the partition's Security settings using Windows help? What else might be causing the issue?
Can you try running disk check on windows pc? (without scan for bad sectors)
And then retry?

If you go to a previous version is the problem fixed?
How about the latest 63b4?
Did a disc check. No issues found.
I reformatted the FAT32 partition and copied everything back to it. CFG Loader was able to save 1 cover after that, but froze again when writing the next.
I then tried v63b4-222. That caused it to freeze too.
Also tried the normal v63b4, and that worked!

I wonder if there's an issue with my 222 IOS, but that wouldn't really make sense because I even re-hacked everything using ModMii in the process of troubleshooting the write problem.
I guess I'll see if all the games boot fine now. There used to be some games that only worked with 222.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v63b5 (beta)
cfg63b5.dol
cfg63b5-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v63b5 (beta)
* Fixed coverflow slowdowns when using wiitdb
* Improved switching between games in confirmation screen
(disabled background mp3 while switching because of banner sounds)
* Removed obsolete options cover_url_*_norm
* More info in debug.log (mem, time)
* Minor cleanups

Thanks Oggzee! That fixed the obvious slowdowns that some people were unable to see in my video.

T

TheRealVisitor

One little thing since 63b4:

The textstring "page" below the scrollable wiitdb game description is not customizable in language files. There is always "page" displayed although there is a string translation for that inside the language files.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Everyone with the loading speed issue:
This is a bug in the wiimc forwarder, the wiixplorer forwarder source don't have this problem, so here is a version for you!

Features:
-using wiixplorer source
-meta.xml arguments are supported
-load from apps/usbloader or apps/usbloader_cfg
-sd and usb support
-file can be on ntfs and fat32
-using ios58 for usb 2.0 speed

Download:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 WiiXplorer.wad
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 WiiXplorer dol.zip
Have fun and please report me if it works now!

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
oricon said:
i want to request a feature to allow me to switch games to 4:3 and 16:9 widescreen as its annoying to keep doing this for certain games like NSMB wii which are widescreen only and since i have a normal 4:3 sd tv i have them black bars so i need to switch the aspect ration to 16:9, was hoping if you could add this feature to the backup loader and choose which games should force widescreen like how you did for the pal 60 and pal 50 options.
You shouldn't force any options for 4:3/16:9 - and even if you want to then it isn't the job of CFG. Set the option to your TV shape in the Wii System Menu. If you want to stretch the image out of proportion then use your TV's controls, don't expect an option to be added to software for it. It isn't a sensible option so devs aren't going to spend time on it.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
@Everyone with the loading speed issue:
This is a bug in the wiimc forwarder, the wiixplorer forwarder source don't have this problem, so here is a version for you!
I just installed over the previous one and the slowness problem is actually SOLVED.

Just wondering why now I have a 'Loading' screen before the actual Cfg USB Loader screen (which I choose in meta.xml)... Doesn't this slow down the loading process?

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your patience and help!

Btw, for when a version with animated icon?
tongue.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pplucky said:
I just installed over the previous one and the slowness problem is actually SOLVED.

Thanks a lot for all your patience and help!

Btw, for when a version with animated icon?
tongue.gif

Great! I don't know, I will do it when I have time.
@oggzee:
Please add this version to the main page, I'm sure there are more people with this problem.

QUOTEJust wondering why now I have a 'Loading' screen before the actual Cfg USB Loader screen (which I choose in meta.xml)... Doesn't this slow down the loading process?
I don't have the time now to remove the splash, but I think this one is better than the wiixplorer splash, correct
wink2.gif
?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@FIX94: Should we make this new one the recommended forwarder for everybody? I had included v7 in my tutorial, but if this one works better across the board, then it is obvious that I should update it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dr. Clipper said:
@FIX94: Should we make this new one the recommended forwarder for everybody? I had included v7 in my tutorial, but if this one works better across the board, then it is obvious that I should update it.
No, the problem NOW is that it doesn't work correctly for ntfs... I'm still trying to fix it, this was simply a try-it-out-and-say-if-it-works release.
edit: seems like i've found the point, in the wiixplorer souce, devicemounter.c line 95 it sais:
ntfsUnmount(Name, true);
but in the wiimc source, fileop.c line 471 it sais:
ntfsUnmount(part[device].mount, false);
When I'm setting it to false in the wiixplorer source the ntfs parition works
smile.gif

This can be used as recommend version when I've changed everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...