buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
buddy said:
I seem to have a glitch with the game synopsis that I really haven't noticed (or paid attention to) before, and not sure if it's an issue with CFG or the WIITDB database. When the synopsis for a game comes up, some are fine. Others seem to have empty spaces where there should not be, and this pushes the text up, to the point where it doesn't even show the game name. Here is an example of what I see.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/93/piry.jpg

Couldn't find if this was reported previously, sorry if it has.
What theme is that?
It looks like it has a narrower console.
I have checked and the word wrapping is done to a constant 40 chars instead of the themed console size, will be fixed.
The theme is Crazy4 GBAtemp V10 and I didn't even think to check with another theme. Thanks for looking into the issue.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
oggzee said:
cfg v62a5 (alpha)
cfg62a5.dol
cfg62a5-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62a5 (alpha)
* Fixed partition = auto
* Better formatting of wiitdb info

TyRaNtM, buddy: let me know if it's fixed now.

Works fine again, thanks!
yaywii.gif

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v62a5 (alpha)
cfg62a5.dol
cfg62a5-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62a5 (alpha)
* Fixed partition = auto
* Better formatting of wiitdb info

TyRaNtM, buddy: let me know if it's fixed now.
Thanks! The wiitdb game info text now shows up correctly now. I did find one more spot that might be a similar theme issue - On the global options screen when checking for updates, some of the text gets cut off on longer lines in the area that shows the change log. Not really a big deal, but thought I'd mention it too. Again, thanks for all your work and time on CFG.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YuriCPS said:
VashTS said:
is there a way to make a category in cfg? i want to sort my wiiware/vc forwarder isos and actual wii games...i was thinking of just marking my wii games as favorites, but i would rather have categories if its possible.
Oh, how can you make wiiware/vc forwarder isos? Which program are you using? I've tried doing it once for using with config, but I had no success.

Look for Wad2ISO on this forum under Wii emulation and homebrew section.

Damn I wish cfg had categories. The profile option sounds alright, maybe I'll give it a go.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
Damn I wish cfg had categories. The profile option sounds alright, maybe I'll give it a go.
The profile option IS categories, so there you go. Make sure you use the Configurator for easy configuration of the profiles and you might want to even set up a button to the profile action to auto switch between your categories.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Great job with this Oggzee! I stepped out this scene for awhile just after we started playing with CIOSCORP and I see that things have stepped into a extraordinary leap.... for the good.

Anyways... I tried a few of these new usb loaders and and the ConfigUSBLoader is definately the best all around I have used... I still have some game loading/crashing issues to investigate...but for the most part compatibility and configuration of this app is very nice.

I look forward to checking on updates/fixes/added features... Just out of curiousity... I tried a few searches about which games have issues loading/crashing with this app and haven't really found anything good... anyone want to point me to the right thread on compatibility issues with this loader and similar loaders?

Thanks in advance....
Again.. the guys who put this together... I tip my glass to you for a toast... well done!

light_kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have a problem with the Configurable USB Loader. When I plug in my external hard drive (NTFS) into the USB slot closest to the edge, I get a background saying cfg and in the bottom corner reading "v61 248 [FRAG]." I've followed all the steps in GAF's tutorial and it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I fixed the problem, my hard drive had a password lock on it. I removed the security and it worked! This thing is great!

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I have tried very hard to google it and search on this site for it but i just can't seem to find my answer so i will ask.

My overall aim is to run Kirby's epic yarn NTSC on my Pal 4.2E wii.

I have been having issues running it on configurable usb loader, it froze at the loading screen for making a new game save file every time. I had a look at the topic for the release of the game and everyone why said that it was working was using USB loader GX so i downloaded it and gave it a try. With every game i try to run with it, it has a glitch up of something where green stripes are at the top or bottom of the screen. I tried running cIOS249 rev19 installer as recommended by the USB loader GX web page and the same problem is still there. Also tried rev 17, 20 and 20b. Also tried version 5 of 222. With any of these settings, configurable and usb loader gx don't work past the first loading screen. USB loader GX doesn't even start the game unless i am using rev 1012.

Does anyone know how to get USB loader GX running or alternatively, how to get Kirby's epic yarn working in any way. (also, i have one of the wiis with the new disc drive.)

Thanks in advance and sorry that i couldn't find the answer,
DanWeb

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try using a fresh install of CFG Loader. Honestly i use hermes cIOS222rev5.1 to load all my games and only a selected few require me to use cIOS250rev20b. I hate to mention any other usb loader but the 2 best USB loaders for FAT32 are CFG Loader & WiiFlow (same or equal compatibility). but you did not mentioned if you were using FAT32 or WBFS HD.

Do you have the latest build of CFG Loader if im not mistaken is 62a but the latest stable version is 60. you could try the 2 and see what happens. If you want to use WiiFlow and see how that works the latest version is 304, and comes in 5 different flavors you just choose which you like
smile.gif
I use WiiFlow 304 cIOS222 to load it up but alot of people like the cIOS249 or cIOS250 version which are completly the same just seperate from which cIOS it uses to load up.

I have never experienced a problem with CFG Loader not playing any games and I even use it to boot my WW VC games. I think the only time i really use WiiFlow is when i make a forwarder Channel for one of my games cause it seems to load up faster with WiiFlow; however as mentioned above it has the same or equal value as CFG Loader so CFG Loader is considered to be the best
smile.gif
If you dont care to try any of above suggestions then SNEEK or UNEEK is your best option since it has perfect compatibility with all games but you will need to read up on it and see how to decrypt your games.

Also are you are using a FAT32 HD are they still .ISO or .WBFS? I found out that niether CFG Loader or WiiFlow loaded .ISO and had to convert to .WBFS using WiiBackupManager befor they would load.

Hope this all helps out.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
thank you so much. I have been posting the same message all over the forums and askgbatemp, even a few pages back in this topic and no one has helped much at all. Firstly, sorry i forgot to say that i use a Fat32 drive that is 640/620gb (can't remember) and usually use configurable usb loader for all my games. Never had a problem until this one and always using cios249, just the default. This is all with rev61 of the loader.

I use wii backup file manager to put my iso files onto the drive in the wbfs form. For some reason, wiiflow won't recognize my drive as a fat32 because it has 2 partitions. One is teeny tiny and invisible and the other is what i use for everything. It refuses to read my important partition of the drive.

I will try hermes cios222rev5.1 and also seek out version 64a of the loader in the morning. I will also look into SNEEK and/or UNEEK as it sound promising and will let you know what works or doesn't.

Thanks again, so so much,
DanWeb

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I found a problem of v62a5 -> it always shows "partition auto is invalid"
for my WBFS HDD (only one partition and I didn't set up partition = XXXX
in either config.txt or settings.cfg).

If I use NTFS HDD (only one partition) then there is no problem.

Tried to change back to either v62a3 or v62a4 , there was no problem
to use either WBFS or NTFS HDD.

@oggzee, pls consider this issue before release v62b1.

Regards,

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had that same problem with WiiFlow when i tried to use it in it's earlier 100+rev then when 200+rev came out it worked for me. there is also a guide on the forums ---> http://gbatemp.net/t269589-guide-formattin...at32-in-seconds i have never had to do this but it could have an effect on your drive being detected.

Also i have a wii set up with these cIOS;
236- IOS36 replacement
222rev5.1 - FAT32 Loading
223rev5.1
224rev5.1
249rev17 - Triiforce support
250rev20b - Game Compatibility (CODBO, etc.)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62b (beta)
cfg62b.dol
cfg62b-222.dol
lang62b.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62b (beta)
* fixed partition=auto for wbfs
* new themable options:
- gui_clock_pos = x, y
default: -1,-1 meaning, title position is used
if set clock is displayed all the time
- gui_pager_pos = x, y
default: -1,-1 meaning, title position is used
* Translatable (Jabe & cambric request):
- button names
- partition types and header
- video and language options
- cover styles

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
VashTS said:
The profile option IS categories, so there you go. Make sure you use the Configurator for easy configuration of the profiles and you might want to even set up a button to the profile action to auto switch between your categories.

So when I scroll my list of games (be it in coverflow or list), they will be sorted? like wii games (a-z), then wiiware forwarders? i tried to use the configurator to group the games intro each profile, but i guess i didn't do it right. the configurator overwhelms me, too many options. any guide you can point me to?

what i want is to boot into cfg. it goes to list and has two options: -Wii Games and -Wiiware Games each containing its rightful isos. in coverflow mode it should just be ordered in that manner. if thats what profiles do then i definitely need to get it done.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
So when I scroll my list of games (be it in coverflow or list), they will be sorted? like wii games (a-z), then wiiware forwarders? i tried to use the configurator to group the games intro each profile, but i guess i didn't do it right. the configurator overwhelms me, too many options. any guide you can point me to?

what i want is to boot into cfg. it goes to list and has two options: -Wii Games and -Wiiware Games each containing its rightful isos. in coverflow mode it should just be ordered in that manner. if thats what profiles do then i definitely need to get it done.
The profiles give you different sets of favorites. You set up the profile names and default profile with the profile_names and profile options in config.txt (Global Options page 3). You then set the games in each profile by going to the Game Settings tab and using the Manage favorites/hidden button. Populate your gamelist by either reading the gamelist.txt file or just adding games from folder first.

THe other options that might interest you are start_favorites, which means Cfg will default to showing favorites and button_2 = profile (or another button) to allow quick profile switching. Thus, if you set it up as follows:

profile_names = category1, category2, etc. #list of up to 10 names for your profile categories
profile = category2 #name of the profile that will be displayed when Cfg is started
start_favorites = 1 #Cfg starts with only the games within the profile loaded
button_2 = profile #button 2 now acts to switch between your profiles

you then get the ability to switch easily between viewing the games in each profile with the 2 button. The 2 button's default action is to switch between displaying favorites and all games, so it sounds like you wouldn't need it once you have set up your profiles.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi. Just migrating from USBloader GX. I've had no problems at all with any games so far. But I just thought it would be nice to have a different layout for a change. Anyway, I have a very simple and kinda n00bish question: What is the CODES folder for? I mean, I know those are ocarina codes... But why does CFG come with some codes from the get go? I mean. I don't want to use any cheats/codes with any of the games.... I assume a lot of people feel the same way. I don't see why would a loader come with cheats embedded...
Anyways, Is it safe to delete the folder?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: