Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dark-Aries: extracting images from the banner on the fly is not a problem to do.
But we have no plans at the moment to use that.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry of this has been answered before,but I experience random crashes with NSMBWii.
The most annoying is that after I beat the game ,it freezes just before the credits start.
Has anyone the same problem?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
Dr. Clipper said:
It's not going to happen. I see very little use for Manager apps apart from piracy.
fairly helpful apps to have about when moving to a new hard drive or file system, however.

Yes, that would be the only use I know of, but only when transferring from a WBFS to a FAT or NTFS drive. We have a fast, almost automated method for that, though. For FAT and NTFS drives, you can just copy the .wbfs files around using any PC, so there's no manager necessary.

QUOTE(gameshark @ Sep 4 2010, 02:46 AM)
do i stil need an sdcard with apps and the usbloader folders on it to use a ntfs formatted extern harddisc?
For the moment, you need to have the base directory of the loader on a FAT partition. We have plans to work around that, but we are still deciding on the method that is easiest to understand for the users. It will be possible by the release of v60 (although you will probably need to use one of the Wiiflow forwarders to load Cfg until someone makes a Cfg dorwarder that can read NTFS drives.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to dump my old gamecube games with cfg usb?

if not is it possible to take a dump from my gamecube (iso/gcm), and boot it with cfg usb loader?

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
New version! Nice!
biggrin.gif

Just 2 quick questions!
tongue.gif
  • What does the dip+frag plugin do?
    rolleyes.gif
  • And does the loader block disc updates?
    huh.gif
Thank you very much!
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
XICO2KX said:
New version! Nice!
biggrin.gif

Just 2 quick questions!
tongue.gif
  • What does the dip+frag plugin do?
    rolleyes.gif
  • And does the loader block disc updates?
    huh.gif
Thank you very much!
wink.gif
The dip+frag plugin allows you to use FAT and NTFS formatted drives.
The loader ignores the update partition when booting games.

jos v/d linden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a question.
maybey the answer is already given someware.
config loader can go back to loader and not to the wii menu when you quit a game.
how do you change that.
excuse for bad englisch

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jos v/d linden said:
i have a question.
maybey the answer is already given someware.
config loader can go back to loader and not to the wii menu when you quit a game.
how do you change that.
excuse for bad englisch
You need to use return_to_channel=XXXX where XXXX is the ID of a forwarder for Cfg. The forwarder that harmor gave an example for can be found here.

Also note that using this option means that the write_playlog option will not work properly (you have to go via the Wii Menu to have it be written to the playlog).

QUOTE(GolfDude @ Sep 5 2010, 09:26 AM) interesting.. 60a is allowing untested NTFS write support.. we may be getting closer to NTFS usage
It's somewhat tested now. No bugs have been reported by anyone.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being can you make two versions of Configurable USB Loader?
One that reads files in sd:\usb-loader and another that reads either sd:\usb-loader2 or ntfs:\usb-loader

It's a hassle editing the settings.txt file to convert from WBFS to NTFS and vice versa.

I'm lazy.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
harmor said:
For the time being can you make two versions of Configurable USB Loader?
One that reads files in sd:\usb-loader and another that reads either sd:\usb-loader2 or ntfs:\usb-loader

It's a hassle editing the settings.txt file to convert from WBFS to NTFS and vice versa.

I'm lazy.
We've got better plans in mind than that. In the meantime, you can already do your idea already:[*]Delete the line with the partition option from settings.cfg.[*]Create two subfolders of apps with the Cfg dol[*]In one subfolder, create a config.txt with partition=wbfs[*]In the other subfolder, create a config.txt with partition=ntfsYou now have two entries in the HBC which will load games from different partitions. Also, don't forget that you can switch partitions in the global options menu within Cfg.

Note that with the above, you can actually move the base directories to be within the apps directories, or keep one base directory for both. It just depends whether there is an additional config.txt file in sd:/usb-loader or usb:/usb-loader. If config.txt is present in the usb-loader directory, then that is the base for both versions. If it isn't, then the apps subdirectories will be the base directory of each version of Cfg respectively.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Dr. Clipper
First let me say that I am using the V59 release, and I don't have any problems with Waninkokos rev17, rev20 in slot250, or hermes v4, in wbfs and fat partitions.

I don't know if is just for me, but at least for me, things appear load more faster on V59 than V58 in the FAT.

Having said that, I wonder if the CFG team need help with images some kind, because I would like to contribute more to the project and the only thing know is the design. If you need, just ask.

Another thing, I would like to develop a new theme for the CFG and would to know, if you like the new theme, is there any possibility to insert it in the next official pack.

Good night
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk