Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAQ:
Q: Can it play .iso files directly?
A:
NTFS: Yes.

I know that it wasn't capable of doing that before, but when i read this i was assuming that it is possible now.
The only way it could work is to use v57-222 mload?
I tried but no such luck.

So after some more reading i found this:
- install game on NTFS is disabled at the moment because of libntfs write instabilities

So i may assume it still isn't possible?
Will it ever be? or has the development stopped completely?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hetfield said:
So i may assume it still isn't possible?
Will it ever be? or has the development stopped completely?
It should be possible, as far as I know, it should still be working as before, and nothing should have changed. I haven't tried it, but I didn't saw any note that said that it is disabled, or something like that.

1) The ISO-File still must be placed like the FAT32-Files.
QUOTE\wbfs\GAMEID.iso
\wbfs\Title [GAMEID].iso
\wbfs\Title [GAMEID]\GAMEID.iso
\wbfs\GAMEID_Title\GAMEID.iso
2) This should work with Hermes cIOS or with Waninkokos one (rev19). So you can either use the normal version with rev19, or the FAT-Version with r4 (or r5).
3) Installation means ripping discs from your Wii to the HD. The Library for NTFS is still buggy, and often corrupts the whole partition/game during writing something, that's why it's disabled. I can't speak for the CFG-Team, but the NTFS-Library isn't from them, so I don't know if they'll fix it. They'll probably wait until the library is stable enough, but that's just a guess.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please explain to me why, on older versions of the loader, it worked just fine, but on v. 55 and 56, my USB drive appears to time out whenever the loader tries talking to it?

Again, this doesn't happen on out-of-date versions, but the two latest revisions, it does.

Help?

(And I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but after plowing through about 30 pages of this thread, I've thrown up my hands.)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to download a cover with the CFG USB loader, the first time it always says OK to each one, but the actual images are messed up. Sometimes it shows static, sometimes it shows part of the last box art shown. If I attempt to download it again one of two things will happen: there is a slight chance it will succeed and show the cover, but more likely it will spit out a libPNG error, usually "unsigned integer out of range" or a CRC error and crash/exit to the Wii menu.

I am using v56 of cfg usb loader and a 4.0 US Wii. I am using a FAT16 SD card and have tried this with both a working FAT32 and NTFS drive.

Any ideas what's up? Is it the loader or the Wii or SD card? Have not heard of anyone getting this error.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
Whenever I try to download a cover with the CFG USB loader, the first time it always says OK to each one, but the actual images are messed up. Sometimes it shows static, sometimes it shows part of the last box art shown. If I attempt to download it again one of two things will happen: there is a slight chance it will succeed and show the cover, but more likely it will spit out a libPNG error, usually "unsigned integer out of range" or a CRC error and crash/exit to the Wii menu.

I am using v56 of cfg usb loader and a 4.0 US Wii. I am using a FAT16 SD card and have tried this with both a working FAT32 and NTFS drive.

Any ideas what's up? Is it the loader or the Wii or SD card? Have not heard of anyone getting this error.
It's the first I've heard of it too. Can you please check if the Configurator works for you?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Heran Bago said:
Try running disk check on the SD card on PC/windows...

jabaes

Trophies
XP
Country
how do you view the "disc image" of the game from the gui of the usb loader?

I can only see the front and back cover images.

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OK, I give up, I need your help guys
hate2.gif

For 2 days, I've been trying to get this thing to work!!

I'm on 4.2E, updated cios222 to v5.1, cios249 to rev19.
I used Cfg_USB_Loader_56.zip as a base, then upgraded to cfg57b7-222.dol and cfg57b7.dol.

I have an 8GB Imation-stick formatted to fat32 and put Cfg USB on it, and used Wii Backup Manager to put 1 game on it.

Cfg USB starts and asks me what device to use. I select
Then I get:
Mounting device, please wait...
(30 seconds timeout)
OK!

Then my Wii totally locks up.
sad.gif

Sometimes when I use 222, my WiiLight start blinking too.

I don't have a clue whatelse I could try...
frown.gif

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the greatest backup loader i ever tried and im really loving it!

I do have one question, does anyone manage to make [RVKEXJ] Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga playable in Configurable usb loader?

Im stuck in black screen.

themuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help so far guys!

I think I might be wrong about something basic:

Can any Wii program access two usb drives at the same time? As in usb thumbdrive (for apps) and usb external harddrive (for backups)?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
themuffin said:
Thanks for your help so far guys!

I think I might be wrong about something basic:

Can any Wii program access two usb drives at the same time? As in usb thumbdrive (for apps) and usb external harddrive (for backups)?
It would be theoretically possible, but I'm pretty sure none of the USB Loaders allow that,

kokogray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi~

I'm playing with really pleasure. thanks~!

I have 1 Question.

when starting CFG, I'm watching messages for seeking usb device 'wbfs' formatted.
but my Disk was formatted by 'ntfs'.

so I have to wait this seeking massages.
Is there another method to start quickly with 'ntfs' ?

I couldn't find anything in global option.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to dump ssbb with cfg loader in raw mode (all partitions incl. channel partitions of second partition table)?

If yes, which IOS version of CFG should I use?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kokogray said:
Hi~

I'm playing with really pleasure. thanks~!

I have 1 Question.

when starting CFG, I'm watching messages for seeking usb device 'wbfs' formatted.
but my Disk was formatted by 'ntfs'.

so I have to wait this seeking massages.
Is there another method to start quickly with 'ntfs' ?

I couldn't find anything in global option.
The partition option in the global options is what you want. Just save them after choosing the correct partition originally and you'll be good.

QUOTE(Wiimm @ Jul 7 2010, 08:34 PM) Is there a way to dump ssbb with cfg loader in raw mode (all partitions incl. channel partitions of second partition table)?

Adding install_partitions=1:1 to config.txt should do that. You should be able to use any of the usable IOSes as the IOS.

alejandroues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dr. Clipper said:
Wiimm said:
Is there a way to dump ssbb with cfg loader in raw mode (all partitions incl. channel partitions of second partition table)?

Adding install_partitions=1:1 to config.txt should do that. You should be able to use any of the usable IOSes as the IOS.

something that should be mentioned, is that cfg usb loader don't create true 1:1 dumps of the wii discs; but 1:0.999999
tongue.gif

CFG Readme
option: install_partitions = 1:1 .- disable scrubbing when installing, except for the last 256kb which are stil scrubbed because of the wbfs block size not aligned to wii disc size

PS Sorry for my bad english

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Dr. Clipper said:
Wiimm said:

It works fine, thanx.

divx118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am very happy with the cfg loader. Lot's of stuff that can be nicely configured to my needs.
One thing however, which I really want to be able to do is to link a profile to a theme. I have made several profiles with different favorites. ie a Mario profile with all the mario games, a racing profile with all racing games etc. If I change to the mario profile I would also like to change the theme to a mario theme. The same goes for racing, but then a racing theme etc.
Is this possible?
Another option would be to send two commands with one key press, the next profile and next theme command. Is this possible?
Is there another workaround that makes this possible, ie only changing the background picture?
I am not asking a step by step guide, just point me in the right direction and I figure it out. I already searched for some days with google and read all about the config.txt and settings.cfg, but nothing found this far.

Thanks in advance,

Maurice
cool.gif

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fire69 said:
OK, I give up, I need your help guys
hate2.gif

For 2 days, I've been trying to get this thing to work!!

I'm on 4.2E, updated cios222 to v5.1, cios249 to rev19.
I used Cfg_USB_Loader_56.zip as a base, then upgraded to cfg57b7-222.dol and cfg57b7.dol.

I have an 8GB Imation-stick formatted to fat32 and put Cfg USB on it, and used Wii Backup Manager to put 1 game on it.

Cfg USB starts and asks me what device to use. I select
Then I get:
Mounting device, please wait...
(30 seconds timeout)
OK!

Then my Wii totally locks up.
sad.gif

Sometimes when I use 222, my WiiLight start blinking too.

I don't have a clue whatelse I could try...
frown.gif

Ok, did some more testing.
Used Wii Backup Manager to format the stick to WBFS and put the same game back on it.

CFG booted just fine and I could play the game without any problems!
So the problem is not the compatibility of my usb-stick.

Apparently, CFG locks up on the FAT32-partition.

Any clues why this happens?
blink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
divx118 said:
Hi,

I am very happy with the cfg loader. Lot's of stuff that can be nicely configured to my needs.
One thing however, which I really want to be able to do is to link a profile to a theme. I have made several profiles with different favorites. ie a Mario profile with all the mario games, a racing profile with all racing games etc. If I change to the mario profile I would also like to change the theme to a mario theme. The same goes for racing, but then a racing theme etc.
Is this possible?
Another option would be to send two commands with one key press, the next profile and next theme command. Is this possible?
Is there another workaround that makes this possible, ie only changing the background picture?
I am not asking a step by step guide, just point me in the right direction and I figure it out. I already searched for some days with google and read all about the config.txt and settings.cfg, but nothing found this far.

Thanks in advance,

Maurice
cool.gif

There is no way to do this at the current time. It will be considered for future releases.

QUOTE(Fire69 @ Jul 8 2010, 04:47 AM) Ok, did some more testing.
Used Wii Backup Manager to format the stick to WBFS and put the same game back on it.

CFG booted just fine and I could play the game without any problems!
So the problem is not the compatibility of my usb-stick.

Apparently, CFG locks up on the FAT32-partition.

Any clues why this happens?
blink.gif
Try installing Hermes' IOS 222 v4 and trying the -222 version of the loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?