Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
clioke said:
Silly solution.

The small usb cable from WD (passport edition) HD wasn't plugged in the right way.
They are very fragile...
nayps3.gif

*sigh* I'm glad you solved it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
clioke said:
Silly solution.

The small usb cable from WD (passport edition) HD wasn't plugged in the right way.
They are very fragile...
nayps3.gif

i have several passports with small USB cables, they only go in one way via mini usb(HDD end), how did you plug it in the wrong way lol

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
clioke said:
Silly solution.

They are very fragile...
nayps3.gif

i have several passports with small USB cables, they only go in one way via mini usb(HDD end), how did you plug it in the wrong way lol

In my country they call it "novatada" which means "Noob Mistake".

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
0p3r4r10 said:
Please, give me some help!

I put the cursor hand in the game (Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands) and press [A]. The console is open.

I press [1] and I can see a lot of options. I go to CHEATS and DOWNLOAD THE CHEAT FILE.

I enter in the option for see wich cheats is available and I see INF ENERGY (or something like that). I press [A] for check the option BUT I have to left this option for play the game (pressing [A] out of that menu).

How do I use the cheat? How do I save my choice? I have to use OCARINA CHEAT option?

I try everthing I can and I cant use the cheat...

If someone can help, I will apreciate!

Thanks since now!
If you try to use cheats on PoP without a USB Gecko, you will not be able to play the game.
Actually, I've been using cheats successfully with PoP without a USB Gecko. Here's how I got them working:

1st I'm using Cfg 222-mload but I have PoP set to use IOS 249

2nd I'm using these codes:
RPWZ41
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

Hookable [sm98]
A8000000 00000100
044CDECC 4800005C

Health [sm98]
04080E34 C0050038
04080E38 D005004C
04080E44 D0040000
04080E48 4E800020

Don't lose sand(wish) orbs [sm98]
04457EF8 48000058
04081B4C 38030009

3rd I'm using Hook OSSleepThread

That's all I did and the game has been working just fine, hope this helps
smile.gif

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.44 Magnum said:
Dr. Clipper said:
0p3r4r10 said:

I put the cursor hand in the game (Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands) and press [A]. The console is open.

I press [1] and I can see a lot of options. I go to CHEATS and DOWNLOAD THE CHEAT FILE.

I enter in the option for see wich cheats is available and I see INF ENERGY (or something like that). I press [A] for check the option BUT I have to left this option for play the game (pressing [A] out of that menu).

How do I use the cheat? How do I save my choice? I have to use OCARINA CHEAT option?

Thanks since now!
If you try to use cheats on PoP without a USB Gecko, you will not be able to play the game.
Actually, I've been using cheats successfully with PoP without a USB Gecko. Here's how I got them working:

RPWZ41

Hookable [sm98]
A8000000 00000100
044CDECC 4800005C

Health [sm98]
04080E34 C0050038
04080E38 D005004C
04080E44 D0040000
04080E48 4E800020

04457EF8 48000058
04081B4C 38030009

smile.gif

What base are you using for cIOS222 and cIOS249?

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
.44 Magnum said:
Dr. Clipper said:
0p3r4r10 said:

Thanks since now!

RPWZ41

Hookable [sm98]
A8000000 00000100
044CDECC 4800005C

Health [sm98]
04080E34 C0050038
04080E38 D005004C
04080E44 D0040000
04080E48 4E800020

04457EF8 48000058
04081B4C 38030009

smile.gif

What base are you using for cIOS222 and cIOS249?
I'm using v5 of cIOS222 and cIOS249 rev17 with IOS38 v3867 as a base for both

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.44 Magnum said:
Dr. Clipper said:
0p3r4r10 said:

Thanks since now!

RPWZ41

Hookable [sm98]
A8000000 00000100
044CDECC 4800005C

Health [sm98]
04080E34 C0050038
04080E38 D005004C
04080E44 D0040000
04080E48 4E800020

04457EF8 48000058
04081B4C 38030009

smile.gif
Just an update, but I downgraded to v4 of cIOS222 (read earlier that it works better with Cfg than v5) with base IOS38 merged with 37 and upgraded cIOS249 to rev19 with base IOS38 v3867 and I can personally confirm that with the above method PoP loads just fine with all three codes active. Also, I don't know if it matters or not but I'm using Cfg57b6 with clear patches set to off. I'm currently about two hours into the game with no issues whatsoever.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've used USB loader CFG since the beginning with great pleasure.
For testing stuff i use both the loader on SD and a fat32 USB partition.

At the moment i'm at v57b7 and i found a bug in the config.txt. in \apps\usbloader_cfg

To reload the loader automatically after playing a game i added this option (depending on the use of SD or USB of course)

# Automatisch teruggaan naar de loader op USB
# return_to_channel = UCUF

# Automatisch teruggaan naar de loader op SD
return_to_channel = UCSF

This works perfect with every game… until Prince of Persia the forgotten Sands
When i erase this option i can play the game, if i add it, I can start the game, press trough the first 4 or 5 screens.
But when the intro should begin, it freezes in a black screen.

Normaly i do not have to change any settings in the games config.
Everything off and with IOS249 and no SPXP.wip file (with wip works too).

Now this problem occured, and i tried to change language, video, anti 002, alt.dol (wip file included) in short everything.
But no go until i erase the return to channel.

Is it a known bug or am i the first to report it?

I've fixed it with help from dr clipper.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/forum/t-250181/bug...rince-of-persia

Clear Patches option: On

So this would be the only game in which we cannot return to the channel then, pitty, but not a big problem.
Maybe an issue to handle in an update?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
So this would be the only game in which we cannot return to the channel then, pitty, but not a big problem.
Maybe an issue to handle in an update?
PoP introduced a new type of protection that looks for patches on the games and will crash during the opening sequence if they are found. It is the reason why the Clear Patches option was introduced in the first place. It seems like there may be another workaround via Ocarina that may allow you to get the return function working. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works, though. There is a very recent post in this thread about how to get Ocarina cheats working with PoP, so you might want to try to get it working.

Rheault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, been using CFG USB loader for months, I does everything I need perfectly (I've yet to find flaws honestly) and looks quite nice. Very great work team!

I'd like to request an (useless) feature, I've been using the "favorite" feature for quite a while to tag the games I beat (my icon is a wii sports like gold medal, haha). That might sound stupid, but it motivates me to directly see which games are completed and which I've yet to beat.

Anyway, it could be interesting to be able to tag (and sort) games as Beaten, Completed and Unfinished, something similar to the Backloggery's system maybe?

Better yet and probably a lot simpler, being able to have different types of favorites? That way you can do whatever you need with the feature to sort your games.

Or is there already something similar that I've yet to notice (or a better place to request such things)?

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Different sets of favorites can be managed via profiles. The easiest way to set these up is with the Configurator as you can mark off which games should appear as favorites in each profile. You can also use the profile_names option in config.txt and then manually configure the games for each profile within the loader. You can have up to 10 profiles and each profile can have 100 favorites. You can switch between profiles using the global options menu, or assign profile switch to a button action (e.g., button_2=profile).

SquareWheel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've gone through the many settings in the configurator but I can't see how to change the code directory, is this possible? I'm trying to get the different USB loaders to play nicely and share their files.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Different sets of favorites can be managed via profiles. The easiest way to set these up is with the Configurator as you can mark off which games should appear as favorites in each profile. You can also use the profile_names option in config.txt and then manually configure the games for each profile within the loader. You can have up to 10 profiles and each profile can have 100 favorites. You can switch between profiles using the global options menu, or assign profile switch to a button action (e.g., button_2=profile).

How about showing miis upon launch and just switch between config files on selection? Mii displaying is already possible.

And here are some added features related to this,

1. Extend parental control stuff so that one can lock his configuration to a password, selecting mii, entering password...
2. Saves can be tied to the mii profiles as well, but this requires a lot of code to be written and will be problematic if the procedure fails... Say before launching the game copy existing save to the home directory of whoever last played that game (could be tracked by saving a file into the game's actual save place) , copy user's save if he is different from whoever last played that game... blah blah...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5