Hacking Configurable USB Loader

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MC DUI said:
Has anybody gotten Rugby League 3 working with Configurable USB Loader?

I'm running a PAL Wii with 4.1 update, it has a Wiikey V1 installed. Using what I believe are the latest cIOS files, unless they've been updated recently in the last couple of weeks?

Currently the game only gives me the quick play option which it supposedly does if it 'detects' a modchip?

Whatever IOS the game uses, get the latest revision of that and install it unpatched. If that doesn't solve the problem, i don't know.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Oggzee,

Is it possible you also check for another variable in the direct_start_arg buffer?
Currently you check for "#GAMEID-P". Could you add a device parameter so that the resulting direct_start_arg template be "#GAMEID-P-D", P being partition and D being device... Currently I see device is set to USB by default.

This could help people that have problems launching NetFlix from their sd card.

CODEÂÂÂÂif (direct_start_arg) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂchar *t = direct_start_arg;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// game id
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂmemcpy(CFG.launch_discid, t, 6);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂt += 6;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (t[0] == '-') {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂint part_num = t[1] - '0';
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//CFG.current_partition = t[1] - 48;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//CFG.current_partition &= 3;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (part_num < 4) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsprintf(CFG.partition, "WBFS%d", part_num + 1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ} else {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsprintf(CFG.partition, "FAT%d", part_num - 4 + 1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// setup cfg for auto-start
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG.direct_launch = 1;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG_Default_Theme();
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG.device = CFG_DEV_USB;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*CFG.background = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*CFG.w_background = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG.covers = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG.gui = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG.music = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCFG.confirm_start = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//CFG.debug = 0;
ÂÂÂÂ}

Also as I see, passing partition as NTFS is not possible, maybe you can incorporate hexadecimal into business? An example code here..

CODEint ci(char val)
{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (val>='0' && val='A' && val='a' && val=4) && (part_num

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiCrazy said:
Oggzee,

Is it possible you also check for another variable in the direct_start_arg buffer?
Currently you check for "#GAMEID-P". Could you add a device parameter so that the resulting direct_start_arg template be "#GAMEID-P-D", P being partition and D being device... Currently I see device is set to USB by default.

This could help people that have problems launching NetFlix from their sd card.

Also as I see, passing partition as NTFS is not possible, maybe you can incorporate hexadecimal into business? An example code here..

Both parameters can be passed as named options:
#GAMEID device=sdhc partition=NTFS1
So for the moment i don't think any change is necessary.
Also I don't have time at the moment, as you can see no new updates are out and there won't be for a some time.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Both parameters can be passed as named options:
#GAMEID device=sdhc partition=NTFS1
So for the moment i don't think any change is necessary.
Also I don't have time at the moment, as you can see no new updates are out and there won't be for a some time.

Well I was not talking about argc / argv style arguments I know they can be passed that way. I was talking about direct start arguments. Anyway, forget it if you don't have any time, hopefully I can tweak a nand loader to pass arguments to a loaded dol or extend a separate loader from an existing one that supports ntfs/fat.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DJ12 said:
Hi everybody,

I have a problem on one of my Wiis, when I updated to v5 of hermes ios and the latest version of the loader many games stopped working and I have no idea why.

I am using the fat version and have tried selecting a few different ios's trying to get them to load but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

FYI: I am using an external HDD formatted to FAT32 with the files stored as .wbfs in wbfs/Gamename [ID]/ID.wbfs
When using v5, only use IOS222 to launch the loader. The others are too unstable and will randomly crash in the loader or shortly into gameplay. Also, choosing IOS223v5 or 224v5 separately for games seems to have some crashing problems on certain drives. It is probably best to go back to v4 if you are experiencing problems with them.

woodoste said:
QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Mar 28 2010, 10:23 PM) ... I don't know about Rampage, but you can easily create your own .wdm file for it.
Thank you so much, but how can I create a wdm file?
The files are just text files with a very easy to understand format. Take a look at the existing ones and you should be able to figure them out. The original one from WiiPower even includes some nice comments to make it clear. Take a look at the following. You won't need to use the subentries values, so leave them 0, and the default value of the parameters should be 1.
#Number of menu items
#Number of sub entries
#Text to display
Main Menu
#Dolname
main
#Parameter
#Number of sub entries
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Episode 6
main
Tutorial
main

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im running into a problem ,im useing cfg loader 56-222 to load every thing my homebrew loads fine but i go to use my wii ware/vc and i get a black screen or it takes me back to the wii menu(it takes me back when i load the dol throught cfg)i have the triifoece dol folder in the root of my sd card woundering if there is some thing im missing?
my wii setup up is
4.2 sys menu
249r19,202 222 223 224 all r5,
i used sfdump for my nand dump(not shure i got program name right)
now i used showmii to install all the wads to my nand
and wad2iso wo make the image.
srry for the off topic

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woodoste said:
The new option "disc plus" for alt-dol games is awesome
smile.gif

Wii be "Rampage Total Destrucion" and "Indiana Jones" added into it?

What part of the game requires alt-dol? I see it has a couple but I just started playing the campaign without any selected..

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
jhoff80 said:
Is there any possibility of having maybe an "Ask" option for games, utilizing Disc+? In other words, would it be possible when I select Metroid Prime Trilogy to have a box pop up and ask which of the four (including main menu) possibilities I want to play? The same goes for House of the Dead 2/3, and I'm sure a couple others that I don't own. I keep parental controls on so that nobody can mess with my options, but then that also makes it impossible for people to change which game of MPT they want to boot.

I think it'd be helpful to more than just me.
The "disc" value for the alt dol option on its own is an ask option.

Yeah, sorry, I actually knew that already, but you don't get the nice names that Disc+ gives, which is why I brought it up.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Yeah, sorry, I actually knew that already, but you don't get the nice names that Disc+ gives, which is why I brought it up.
I think you missed this...

QUOTE16-03-2010 cfg v56b2 (beta2)

* Choosing "Disc" from alt dol menu will prompt for
Disc Plus options on launch of game (choose for
Metroid Prime Trilogy to be asked which to play)

S

SuLeGNa

MC DUI said:
Has anybody gotten Rugby League 3 working with Configurable USB Loader?

I'm running a PAL Wii with 4.1 update, it has a Wiikey V1 installed. Using what I believe are the latest cIOS files, unless they've been updated recently in the last couple of weeks?

Currently the game only gives me the quick play option which it supposedly does if it 'detects' a modchip?

Hello,

I have a wiikey 2, pal 4.1E, hermes 222, CIOSCorp & cios 19 installed
The game gave me the same problem.
I had to install a fresh version of the ios 38, 53 & 55 without any patching
Now the game launch perfectly from a fat drive using configurable usbloader

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=214220&st=30

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on v53, and I discovered that I can't play my Rock Band 2 DLC. (It's all legit DLC, by the way.) It works fine if I use the disc, but if I use CFG I get an error that the content is invalid/expired or something... Do I need to be on a version of CFG with the -222 after it for it to work? That's what I had at first, and I'm pretty sure it worked. I don't think I've tried RB since I switched to v53 awhile ago. I don't mind updating the version again, but I just want to be sure I get the right one, and hopefully not break something else in the process...

DJ12

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
When using v5, only use IOS222 to launch the loader. The others are too unstable and will randomly crash in the loader or shortly into gameplay. Also, choosing IOS223v5 or 224v5 separately for games seems to have some crashing problems on certain drives. It is probably best to go back to v4 if you are experiencing problems with them.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, you inspired me to sit here testing every option going.

Turns out it's setting video patch to all that does it.

I enabled it so every game runs 480p and I guess something has changed in the newer releases

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bralph said:
I'm on v53, and I discovered that I can't play my Rock Band 2 DLC. (It's all legit DLC, by the way.) It works fine if I use the disc, but if I use CFG I get an error that the content is invalid/expired or something... Do I need to be on a version of CFG with the -222 after it for it to work? That's what I had at first, and I'm pretty sure it worked. I don't think I've tried RB since I switched to v53 awhile ago. I don't mind updating the version again, but I just want to be sure I get the right one, and hopefully not break something else in the process...

The actual error is "Limelight is out of date and cannot be restored to Wii system memory. Redownload Limelight for which the license has been previously purchased."

If this is a known issue, I apologize. I've seen previous discussion about instruments and customs, but I thought purchased DLC should work.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help.
I have searched and found a few people have this problem but what is the solution. I have a couple of games. (Raving Rabbit Series) that no longer load from my USB drive. They go through the startup with the safety strap and another logo screen and then either hang or go to a black screen. I thought this was caused from the last update. I was on Rev 19 & cfg version 56.

I then went back to Rev 14 & Cfg version 54 and get the same problem. Have other people had this same problem where games start to load and then hang or go to a black screen?
Whats the solution???

Thanks.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just to let you know, the beware of sharks message conflicts with wiimote sync...

when direct loading of cfg via priloader r77+forwarder the wiimote wont sync

pressing reset during boot, going into sysmenu (priiloader) and load manually cfg solves this anoying joke

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
just to let you know, the beware of sharks message conflicts with wiimote sync...

when direct loading of cfg via priloader r77+forwarder the wiimote wont sync

pressing reset during boot, going into sysmenu (priiloader) and load manually cfg solves this anoying joke
Uh, are you sure that's the problem? Have you tried going back to loading with Priiloader and seeing if the Wiimote disconnects again? Can you confirm that if you change your Wii's date that it doesn't happen?

I ask as there is no reason I can see why the Wiimote won't sync. The image is displayed in exactly the same way as the background image. It sounds much more like your Wiimote is only on temporary sync to the console rather than permanent. Go to the Wii Menu and push the sync button on both the console and the Wiimote to fix that, if so.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@clipper

tried it 3 times, same result, but only on one wii, the other wii run fine
changed date as you suggested...no issues on that wii

btw modded all my wii back to hermes v4, as hermes v5 still give me the hangs ifd i dont press directly up/down on screen/menu changes
does not happen with v4
tested with 2.5 and 3.5'' hdd, and also ntfs/fat
few posts above someone wrote about similiar issues

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:
Help.
I have searched and found a few people have this problem but what is the solution. I have a couple of games. (Raving Rabbit Series) that no longer load from my USB drive. They go through the startup with the safety strap and another logo screen and then either hang or go to a black screen. I thought this was caused from the last update. I was on Rev 19 & cfg version 56.

I then went back to Rev 14 & Cfg version 54 and get the same problem. Have other people had this same problem where games start to load and then hang or go to a black screen?
Whats the solution???

All 3 versions load fine for me from FAT formatted USB drive with Hermes cios on a 3.2U Wii and also a 4.2U Wii on Wanin's rev 19. Run a chkdsk on your drive.

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Apr 1 2010, 03:05 AM) Uh, are you sure that's the problem? Have you tried going back to loading with Priiloader and seeing if the Wiimote disconnects again? Can you confirm that if you change your Wii's date that it doesn't happen?

...snip

Why are you always so condescending Clipper? Did you EVER think to yourself that it's YOUR code that's the problem?? This loader was rock solid until you and Gannon showed up and added your so-called "code" to the loader. I mean seriously, who would override the A button?!? LOL! And btw, I really don't appreciate what you said to oggzee on irc yesterday. Go ahead and fork cfg like you threatened - Oggzee and I are done with this loader anyways. And if nobody believes us, check how long it's been since there's been an update.

see ya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm late for the bbq sauce discussion and I have opinions
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sweet Baby Rays is like baseline for a decent/good bbq sauce, but nothing outright incredible
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Stubbs is a pretty damn good sauce that I think you'll find on most grocery shelves as I don't think it's regional
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This shit though
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: ^this