Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Some games seem to not work from FAT with cfg 55b2 using cios 249...
Seems I still have some more bugfixing to do...

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
fogbank said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Before anyone asks (and yes, they will still ask), Cfg 55b appears to be working just fine with rev 19 of 249.

Except for in SNEEK
frown.gif

Hangs at the splash screen.

At least under rev 18 it would load game lists off of WBFS, FAT, NTFS, etc... It wouldn't lauch games of course, but...
Isn't that just the nature of cIOS and SNEEK at the moment? It has more to do with the cIOS than CFG USB Loader.

I think that the USB loaders not launching games may be caused by cIOS and SNEEK, but there was a change in behavior of CFG 55b from cIOS rev 18 to rev 19. NeoGamma behaves exactly the same with rev 18 and rev 19. It lists games on USB but fails to launch them. CFG 55b hangs at the splash screen on rev 19, but starts fine and displays games on USB with rev 18.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oggzee said:
Running under SNEEK is not something we will work on...
I don't see what the point really.

One point would be that the space you have for gamesaves would only be limited by the size of your SD card.

Although you could just use uLoader and have just the savegames emulated to SD and no need for a full nand dump either. (I know you already said no oggzee, but this feature would be very much appreciated amongst a LOT of cfg users)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:

I totally understand.

FWIW: 55a2x works the same under rev 18 and rev 19 in SNEEK. It's just 55b that hangs on the splash screen with rev 19.

To me the point is just a challenge to see what can be done.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
nikeymikey said:
One point would be that the space you have for gamesaves would only be limited by the size of your SD card.
Yes this has been pointed out many of times already, it's in the FAQ, we know about it, and we will not do anything about it. Sorry, but I don't have time and interest to work on that.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fogbank said:
oggzee said:

I totally understand.

FWIW: 55a2x works the same under rev 18 and rev 19 in SNEEK. It's just 55b that hangs on the splash screen with rev 19.

Somebody mentioned it could be the loaders timing out because SNEEK is soooooo slow......

oggzee said:
QUOTE(nikeymikey @ Mar 7 2010, 05:58 PM)
Yes this has been pointed out many of times already, it's in the FAQ, we know about it, and we will not do anything about it. Sorry, but I don't have time and interest to work on that.

I know oggzee but we can hope someone comes along who is willing to do it, as WiiPower did with the Ocarina2 support.

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Some games seem to not work from FAT with cfg 55b2 using cios 249...
Seems I still have some more bugfixing to do...
Yes, for example Sonic & Sega All Star Racing PAL freezes if you start it from FAT32 with rev19/38 and rev19/57 using 55b2 ...

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
fogbank said:

Somebody mentioned it could be the loaders timing out because SNEEK is soooooo slow......

This is not an issue with loading games. Version 55b hangs on the splash screen with rev19. Earlier versions of CFG do not, and 55b does not with rev 18.

And if properly configured SNEEK is quite nearly as fast as real NAND. Not "soooooo slow......".
smile.gif

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snake87r said:
Hello oggzee, thanks for this fantastic usb loader.
It's possible to add this feature:
1. Symilar than download all cover, add the option to download all avaiable cheat
2. When start a game memorize the game played and when you restart (open) the usb_loader start from the position of the last played game. (I use coverfloader3d and when you reopen the loder start from the first game)
3. In the select game list add a icon or a phrase, or other for:
a. see if exists the txt file cheat
b. if the cheat are enabled in the selected game

Actually a few posts ago, I posted a windows tool for just this thing, though it isn't currently set up to work with WBFS drives.

The vbscript to automatically download all cheats for games is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mv1yoxqnymj
You have to edit the first couple lines of the file to point to the games directory so it can read the directories names, and point it to where it will save the cheat codes. If you want it to overwrite codes, you'll have to uncomment a line in the file. If you want it to be recursive you'll have to do the same, but that function may be unnecessary as games should not be nested in other directories. It's currently set up to handle only the original format of \wbfs\GAMEID_Game title
so if your directory structure is different I would have to tweak it. If anyone is interested, or wants me to write software to do other things, please let me know.

Since you'll only need to do this every now and then when you add more games to your hard drive, it would be great for ntfs or fat32 drives, though I too would like to see this option in the loader. I would also like to see a simple text file editor in the loader, but I'm happy with what I've got.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v55b3 (beta3)
cfg55b3.dol
cfg55b3-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v55b3 (beta3)

* Fixed occasional hang when trying to start
games on FAT/NTFS with cios 249 rev19

I think all issues related to FAT/NTFS loading on cios 249 rev19 are solved now, please test
smile.gif

And also, let's hear it if it works on SDHC cards now or not...?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
%#!*! Whoah...slow down with the updates already. I can't keep up!
tongue.gif

But more seriously: I'll get gaming right away. Is there anything special to test out? (e.g. certain games or cios 19 bases)
smile.gif

I did some ciosX (base 37) rev 19 gaming earlier with beta1, and it worked fine.

(can't test out SDHD, though).

EDIT: almost forgot: nice new intro screen!
biggrin.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pepxl said:
lolz i would of done something a little different
not a complaint tho
smile.gif
Do it then, it might appear in one of the next rel...
I know the new intro is nothing special i was just bored with the old one so i gimped together something quick...

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fogbank said:
And if properly configured SNEEK is quite nearly as fast as real NAND. Not "soooooo slow......".
smile.gif

Hi fogbank,
I experience the same slooooooooooooowness of Sneek
Do you know if there is a tutorial somewhere to help us with the most optimal configuration of Sneek (have googled but without much success).

In the end Sneek can be very usefull to carry your own personal Wii in your pocket to be used anywhere on a friend's wii

Thanks in advance.

MrX_Cuci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (FAT32, ISO and WBFS foler) And I thought my HDD was not compatible, almost bought a new one. You are SUPER DUPER!!!!! I even tried it in WBFS format. Every other version didn't even boot up any game from that HDD. My WBFS formatted USB stick (2GB) always worked.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
nikeymikey said:

whats the resolution on the image/s, 640x480?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Probably.