Hacking Configurable USB Loader

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are my results with v55a2x/NTFS/249

Base 37 - Loader reads all settings from SDHC card - set_frag: 0 hangs launching game
Base 38 - Loader reads all settings from SDHC card - games load fine
Base 57 - Loader does not read any settings from SDHC card - set_frag: 0 hangs launching game
Base 60 - Loader does not read any settings from SDHC card - set_frag: 0 hangs launching game
Base 70 - Loader does not read any settings from SDHC card - set_frag: 0 hangs launching game

By not reading settings from the card, I mean it's as if the settings file isn't there, or it just can't read/write to it. Everything is default, theme, tries mounting as WBFS first, no themes, covers, can't change any options, etc.

By the way, thanks, and great job!

alaeddine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the loader , it's very well-done, congratulations
smile.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v55a2x not working under SNEEK.
cIOS ver18 with IOS38 as base.
"'loading dip_249_frag: OK" displayed on intro screen.
FAT32. Game working fine on regular NAND. In SNEEK the game is recognized but when launched:

set_frag_list RXXXXX
set_frag: -128
set_frag: -128
ERROR: setWBFS: -128

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tristar said:
Dr. Clipper said:
For the record, I can't find any reason why the magic words wouldn't work from the GUI. When I set a forwarder channel, it works in the GUI, game list and menus. Thus, I have no clue why Magic Words wouldn't work as they use the same function, essentially. Could those that were having the problem or even others just using Priiloader autoboot please try the following:

First, ensure you are using v55a, v55a-fat or v55a2x of the loader and v68+ of Priiloader (links to these are in the last few pages), then:

Add:
Code:
home=Pune
button_2=Pune
to the very end of config.txt. Don't bother with changing the rest of your config.txt file, just put those at the end, even if they were set to a different value earlier.

Now, start Cfg and go to the global options menu (1 twice). Check the info it prints out to make sure you don't have an additional config.txt file (if you do have one, add the above lines to that file too).

Now, please check what happens when you push either Home in the GUI, console game listing and any other menu (e.g. options) and what happens when you push 2 in the Gui and game listing (do not check the other menus for 2). Please report in this thread which buttons in which locations send you to the Wii Menu and which don't.

Checked all the above - put Pune on home and button_2

Button 2 goes to Wii Menu from games list - not from gui

home goes to Wii Menu from everywhere - except from gui
Exactly the same here.
frown.gif
Both "button 2" and home refuse to use the magic word in the gui mode, but work fine in any other mode (well...unless 2 has another function depending on the menu).

It also doesn't seem to matter in which mode you start CFG, or in which gui-mode you are.

Just an idea...isn't it possible to add an extra action to that button? Instead of "quit CFG and load priiloader with ", make it "switch to game listing mode, then quickly quit CFG and load priiloader with "? I know it's not an elegant solution...but at least it's something.

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
@Tristar: I've tested things for the Configurator and it definitely seems to me like the manually set options are being read back correctly. Did you get confused between the Theme Options 3 tab and the Global Theme Overrides 2 tab? When reading a config.txt file, it will set the theme override version instead of the theme options (as that is what they are really doing).

I did detect a small bug that sometimes causes the default settings not to work.

Edit: Ah, I found out the bug you are getting. When you load theme.txt or config.txt BEFORE going to the relevant tab, then it fails. I'll try to work out what's wrong.
theroar said:
Found the readme... in the zip file... go figure. Have not tracked my answer down yet, but everything is more up to date than the main page though.

The main page states it does not support V5 of Hermes, but I think that and V18 were added back in CFG53 or 54... right?
Yes. Don't trust all the stuff in the first post when it comes to recent changes.

Where do you get the V5 and rev 18 files? They tutorial pages haven't been updated, and that's where I usually find them. Is there a good place to go to get them?

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Booting cfg with cios222 (38) v4 and mlaod to 224 v5 (ios57= still produces random hangs in gamelist ( i assume same issue for the game starting problems with 57 from usb (not dvd))

when directly a button (dpad down eg) is pressed when switching menu, it has never hanged, if i wait a short moment, it is kind of luck with mload 224(57)

btw, hangs is wrong wording, nothing happens on wii mote actions..but the clock runs in gui mode

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
magicword in GUI causes some action, but NO magicword is send to priiloader
QUOTE said:
priiloader
Built : Feb 28 2010 18:03:48
Version : 0.3c (rev 69)
Firmware: 60.24.30
HBC stub : Loaded
"Magic Priiloader word": cb31c108
BootState:3
AutoBoot:Installed File

Text Sections:
00000100 80004000 00042580

Data Sections:
00042680 80046580 00009500
Entrypoint: 80004000
home is configured to go to Daco or Pune depending on menu...

dclayp11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry ABout the wording in my post before,
The error i get with this loader is ret -2
The other loader i use gives me the "could not open Dvd" error

But in this loader i get the -2 error when trying to rip a disk

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
set debug=1 cfg loads until music (and plays) asks for button..nothing happens any longer

several tries with ios57 and debug=1 never got to game list

maybe the debug info could be redirected to gecko, assuming the debug output causes timing issues

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kaligula said:
Games hang in Blackscreen if Ocarina Codes on with Cios249. USB Gecko not working

Tomorow Waninkokos Cios Rev. 19 Release

There's no such thing as a cIOS249! Also, what version of the loader, what hook, what game, debugger enabled?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee, how the hell did you manage to get NTFS working!?!?!? You are my hero, this is so awesome. With a new release of Triiforce and wifi enabled when rev19 comes out, this is the end of history for the Wii, perfection is attained. I wasn't a huge fan of CFG but now I think I am going to uninstall GX.

Dude, thanks for the hard work. Please keep it up. I thought the newer cIOSx was going to be foreign for me.

CFG + Triiforce (with wifi) + hermes (222/223 v4, 224 v5) + ciosx rev19 = done. No need to ever touch the wii again, just play until your eyeballs burst.

the NTFS loading works great under cIOS38 rev18

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v55a3 (alpha)
cfg55a3.dol
cfg55a3-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v55a3 (alpha)

* 249 rev18 fat/ntfs other base than 38 fix
* Bug fixes for "nothing" and button remap actions

I tested fat with ios 249 rev18 it with base 38 and 57 and seems to work.
if anyone has time to test other base ioses please do.
oh and now, switching from 222 to 249 should work too...

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I'm still confused as to why GUI magic words aren't working (especially as they use the same code as the menu) but I have some potential fixes:

55a2t1.dol
55a2t2.dol
55a2t3.dol
55a2t1-fat.dol
55a2t2-fat.dol
55a2t3-fat.dol

Can you please try the above downloads to see which ones (if any) get magic words working in the GUI?

Thanks.

t1 & t2 same result - no wii menu from gui

switching out of the gui seems to do it (t3) - good job

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Tristar said:
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I'm still confused as to why GUI magic words aren't working (especially as they use the same code as the menu) but I have some potential fixes:

55a2t1.dol
55a2t2.dol
55a2t3.dol
55a2t1-fat.dol
55a2t2-fat.dol
55a2t3-fat.dol

Can you please try the above downloads to see which ones (if any) get magic words working in the GUI?

Thanks.

t1 & t2 same result - no wii menu from gui

switching out of the gui seems to do it (t3) - good job
Thanks. Unfortunately I wasn't able to hold oggzee back from releasing a3 before adding the fix, but it will go into the next version (probably 55b).

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
daleybox said:
Where do you get the V5 and rev 18 files? They tutorial pages haven't been updated, and that's where I usually find them. Is there a good place to go to get them?
They're pretty easy to derive from the links that are there:

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...tom-iosx-rev-18
http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v4.9A.rar

Thank you. You said they should work with the newest config right? I had trouble and had to convert back. There really isn't any option for the v5, just use IOS249 and go, but it wouldn't load for me, maybe my config was to far out of date (52-fat). Could you tell me which option I'm supposed to select to install rev 18? I loaded it, selected IOS249, but the it asks me which base I would like to use. I installed everything with your tutorial, but there isn't any mention and I don't remember it asking for a base before. Do you select 38, 70, etc??? Thanks for all the help.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
daleybox said:
Thank you. You said they should work with the newest config right? I had trouble and had to convert back. There really isn't any option for the v5, just use IOS249 and go, but it wouldn't load for me, maybe my config was to far out of date (52-fat). Could you tell me which option I'm supposed to select to install rev 18? I loaded it, selected IOS249, but the it asks me which base I would like to use. I installed everything with your tutorial, but there isn't any mention and I don't remember it asking for a base before. Do you select 38, 70, etc??? Thanks for all the help.
I strongly suggest waiting for a while if you don't know what these options mean. There was no definite advantage to rev 18 until now (as of 55a3 which was released an hour ago). There is also no great advantage to v5 of 222/223/224 right now either. Once things are tested and confirmed working, I'll update the tutorial with the best choices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far