Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I really cannot find out the "Search function".
mellow.gif

That's the question: I switched my hdd to NTFS, and CFG v50 does not recognize all the covers.
They are stored on the USB, under the root/wii/covers main directory (with all their subdirectories). When the hdd was FAT32, everything worked fine.

Here's the code used in config.txt:

covers_path = usb:/wii/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/wii/covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/wii/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/wii/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/wii/covers/full

Do I have to write "ntfs" instead of "usb" or similar trick?

Thanks.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mousex said:
wiixale said:
Do I have to write "ntfs" instead of "usb" or similar trick?
Yes you have to, why didn't you just test it?

Because I have no fast access to SD, so I was waiting for a confirm. Moreover, I just had a piece of remembering about this trick.

However, it works. Or, I think it works, and let me explain why I say this.

I use this kind of GUI, and when now I boot the CFG it loads all the covers except the last 2, because when CFG tries to load the last 2 covers it blows up on green screen and then reboots. Every time.

I'll reformat to FAT32, I think.

tone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jakz said:
hello

when i start the channel forwarder it stays on a black screen.
i can install the loader by homebrew but i prefer a icon in the main menu

anyone who can help me out?

thanks

I used this via homebrew wad installer. Now have the CFG USB loader as an icon on my wii menu. Perfect!

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running player.dol for Wii Sports resort to watch the movie about half way through each section a horrible screaching sound is heard. I tried it in open wiiflow and the video played fine. I even tried a new dump of sports resort and the noise is still there. The game seems to run fine, along with other games.

Also when I tried band hero or rockband the wii would try to access the dvd drive and sometimes make the songs skip and make a noise too, but I tried a second time and it seemed to be fine.

I am running .50c fat
2TB segate drive.

Are these normal issues with configurable usb loader?

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
Quick Question (sorry if it has already been answered, i dont think it has, but I'm not reading through a million posts)

is there an updated configurable forwarder dol for priiloader (specifically v0.2 (rev30) or rev46)? The versions I have do not work.

Thanks.

Any luck? I am still running Priiloader r15 because "USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder" by Narolez autoboots Configurable USB Loader perfectly. I noticed that the "simplisticmod" guide is now packing a newer Priiloader version r43 or r46 even. I would love to go to the newer version of Priiloader if I knew it would autoboot Configurable USB Loader correctly, all I get is a black screen.

I can stay on r15, but I really want the feature of autobooting the sytemmenu if a Wiimote cannot be found. This prevents from having to have a gamecube controller around and makes it even more "Kid Safe" in combination with a "Kid Safe" configuration of Configurable USB Loader.

Or is it possible to have Configurable USB Loader started from a channel return to itself when exiting a game instead of back to the system menu? Maybe I missed that capability along the way.

Anyone have an update regarding this?

Thanks in advance!

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Why would you need a GameCube controller around, BTW?

For some reason the SYNC button on the Wii doesn't work on the priiloader menu and there is no support for the Power, Reset, Eject buttons like in BootMii.
So if all the WiiMotes loose sync then there is no way to resync them without using a gamecube controller in priiloader to boot to the System Menu.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobthebigbat said:
So if all the WiiMotes loose sync then there is no way to resync them without using a gamecube controller in priiloader to boot to the System Menu.

Actually, there is a way to resync your wiimotes in that situation. just put tinyload in the target path of your forarder channel. tinyload will buut the dvd drive and you can resync wiimotes. then put cfg loader back in the target path.

zac_haryy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I can't get Wii Resort to boot up. I'm using v50c and click wii resort and then it just restarts the wii. I found this in an earlier post:

TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
cfg v33b3 (beta3)

http://sharebee.com/99347cf7

- Disabled "Sam & Max" fix
Since it's not working properly and it might help Sports Resort.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WiiSports Resort WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have imagined it would work with v50c but for some reason doesn't for me. So im just wondering if there is some option that I can change to make this work or how I can get it to boot with v50c if possible. Thanks!

-haryy

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zac_haryy said:
For some reason I can't get Wii Resort to boot up. I'm using v50c and click wii resort and then it just restarts the wii. I found this in an earlier post:

TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
cfg v33b3 (beta3)

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have imagined it would work with v50c but for some reason doesn't for me. So im just wondering if there is some option that I can change to make this work or how I can get it to boot with v50c if possible. Thanks!

-haryy
You need to watch the MotionPlus video before the game will boot properly. The easiest way to do that is to play it from the disc once, assuming you own one.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question i have two external hardrives if i plug them both in will it read just the one hard-drive or do i have to change the settings to get it to read both
or is it simply one or the other

jerrios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zac_haryy said:

TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
cfg v33b3 (beta3)

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-haryy

If you can't be bothered with digging out your disc, you can also use the alt-dol feature and boot the dol with the video. Although, I recommend turning your tv down. Mine made some funky noises when I did it. And it crashed the Wii at the end...but, it counted and let me play the game after that.

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i guess Jerrios's reply somewhat answers my question. Using Configurable usb loader the videos for sports resort make some horrible noises, but if you watch them in wiiflow they play fine for some reason.

Run player.dol from the alt dols, and watch the video. after the video's are done the wii will "crash" just restart the wii, and run sports resort like normal and you will be fine.

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Who managed to start a game via a channel created with Loadstructor using cusbl-forwarder.dol ?

I just tried and it ended with a black screen, meanwhile my newly created channel showed a corresponding error when I removed the configurable loader from sd:/usbloader_cfg

I successfully migrated from wbfs partition onto ntfs wil .wbfs images on it, and everything plays fine when started from the loader (v50c). The problem remains with Loadstructor's channels.

Who faced the same troubles and overpassed them?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadstructor can't launch a game directly through Configurable USB Loader, it can pretty much only launch the loader itself. And I don't think it works with the newest versions.

Make your channels with crap instead.

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks, Covarr

I just tried CRAP... I am impressed by its support of .wbfs images, by network testing/installation etc... it's awesome. I managed to start a game from wbfs partition and I am sure it works with fat. I haven't managed to utilize my ntfs partition with all my games in .wbfs format, but I feel I am near to

I am gonna switch into CRAP topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what about tacos?