Configurable USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by oggzee, Apr 11, 2009.

1. gannon

gannon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2009
    No, it uses its own text file for play history. The wii message board format isn't very nice, and there's always the risk of bricking something when writing to the NAND [​IMG]

2. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    I kinda thought that [​IMG]. Though, it's still nice. Great work, as soon as I have my Wii back, I'll update.

3. laurozza

laurozza GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2008
    Italy
    Wow. Your first release is impressive! O_O
    Thanks!

4. gannon

gannon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2009
    dottor_male, DaFees: Thanks for the bug reports. Both will be fixed in the next release

Not sure if I should be hoping for more bug reports or not quite yet [​IMG]

5. dottor_male

dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2008
    Italy
    No problem!
    Another thing, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I change the sorting option to "number of time used", CFG sort my games according to the option, but if I exit CFG and relaunch it, the sorting is again alphabetical.
    It's because I havent played any game since the update?

6. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Great update gannon, disc loading is epic imho and moves this app closer to the "all-in-one" a LOT of people want. [​IMG]

Feels like a late christmas present, nice surprise.

7. bananaslug79

bananaslug79 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2009
    United States
    Holy hell. Well done gannon! No sooner did I wonder about gameplay stats but...they're in! The only questions is...how do you see them? Does it only build the history file once you've started playing games? Or is this something you HAVE to set on your config.txt in order to see?

Woot! Running MPT right now on 51a, you guys are the bomb! (And I'm sure this isn't new with gannon's inclusion, but I also REALLY appreciate the auto-update option without updating the meta.xml...saves me from changing my HBC description and such! Thanks!)

8. DMOSH

DMOSH Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    United States

Sup?
    Sorry for the delay, been away from the comp for a few days..

Anyway,, When run HBC and get the blank screen, hit 1,,USB looks like it is already selected,,,,but if I select it and go on its still nothing. I still have to exit and restart HBC then it goes strait there.

Yes, i have tried the Uni-forwarder, IIRC, it gave me the same result as 50c does now. I have tried every version I could find from the various posts around the forums, and what I have found is the ones that work all work the same as 50c(start twice then it loads) the others just don't work and/or give an error. the only exception is the one with 48 embedded.

I even tried the new one 51a, and it is the same(start twice then it loads) but IT takes a looong time to load for me.

I think I forgot to mention that My USB Hdd is a USB 2.0 WD My Book Essentials 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK-00 but as far as I can tell there hasn't been anyone else with my issue.

If it is my drive taking to long

Is there any way to make a 50c embedded vrs like the 48 one?
    or better yet,,Is there a way to get HBC to look more than once before it gives up?

once again, thanks for replying
    D.

9. Dr. Clipper

Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Aug 28, 2007
    You would need to make that hybrid change of version yourself. I believe it's not hard to inject a different .dol into the hybrid. Just be careful.

And no, there is not a way to make the HBC look twice. Perhaps you should just use an SD card to load the loader?

10. delt31

delt31 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2003
    United States
    Guitar Hero Smash Hits issue here - the "start" button doesnt work. I choose quickplay, choose my instument, choose my song, and then it says to press start to continue, but start will not work on anything. Therefore I stay stuck on the song selection screen, rendering my rock experience a major bore. What should I do?

11. gannon

gannon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2009
    At the moment I haven't thought of a very good way to display all of the information from the database and play stats file, so most of it isn't viewable. Kinda odd since you can filter and sort based on the information though ^^;
    Always open to suggestions [​IMG]

12. bananaslug79

bananaslug79 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2009
    United States
    Honestly? My preference would be to see simply stats of what games you've played and for how long. Just emulate the stat tracking of the Nintendo Channel and I'd be happy. [​IMG]

A "Total time played" readout on the game page would be awesome, in my opinion. Anything else is gravy.

13. Dr. Clipper

Aug 28, 2007
    Are you using an IOS222 or IOS223 that was merged with IOS37 when it was installed? If not, do so.

14. DGenerateKane

DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this but when you press B to see the list view (or whatever it is called) the stats at the bottom are gone in 51a. Used to say how many games were on the drive as well as space.

15. jmlsteele

jmlsteele Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2009
    Canada
    As of last night Configurable USB Loader seems to have stopped working with my USB Thumb drive.

Drive: 8GB OZC Crossover
    Format: FAT32 with WBFS directory
    Loader Version: 50c (also tried 51a and 51a-fat with same results).

This morning i put the drive in my computer and it said it wasn't formatted, so I figured that was what had caused the problem. Re-formatted it to FAT32, and put my games back on in the WBFS directory.

Same problem is occurring.

When I change the config so that it asks me which device I want to use, the prompt comes up. I choose USB. It mounts the drive, and then appears to stop working completely.

Is there anything else I can try to resolve this, or give you guys more information?

16. delt31

delt31 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2003
    United States

Yes I did 38 merged with 37. Rb and gh AFDC work fine. What could it be?

17. Dr. Clipper

Aug 28, 2007
    This is from the hide_hddinfo option, which is defaulted to 1 in the fat version of the loader (as getting free space on FAT drives takes a long time). If you want it back, add "hide_hddinfo=0" to config.txt.

18. dkmaster

dkmaster Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Greece
    Please help me. Ι have an sdhc card that worked fine. I use usb loader gx and cfg usb loader everyday.
    Yesterday I installed triiforce and when I opened cfg loader it didn't recognize the images of the games from my ntfs drive and when I tried to save some changes it said sd card inaccessable.
    I formated the card but same happened. Both usb loader gx and cfg. Reinstalled cIOS38rev14 and hermes222/223, boot cfg and all worked great. Then I go to usb loader gx boot nsmb played fine. Tried sports resort ( I play it all the time with the same settings as now) with IOS222/error 002 fix on. And I got black screen, frozen wii. Restart wii but on both loaders sd inaccessable (sees ntfs drive and games). Reformated sd, reinstalled cIOS38rev14 and Hermes but this time I had no luck. Sd card inaccessable.

Please help me.

System menu 4.0E
    cIOS38v14
    Priiloader 0.30
    Hermes222/223
    Ntfs drive
    SDHC 4GB

19. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

Oct 21, 2005
    United States
    Far East of Eden
    Question: can the new disc loader load GC discs?

20. Dr. Clipper

Aug 28, 2007
    Just tried it and the answer is "no".