XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if ur using the channel made with crap, it will not load from the retain disk, those are usb forwarder channels. Try using the original disk channel if its a retail game

how r u using the loader to launch the retail disk? that's impossible! do u mean u ripped the original game to ur hard drive and that wouldn't work?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I ripped my disc to the drive and I try loading form that and the channel and either will play the SSE. Strangely when I first updated to Rev 15, I am quite sure I could play the SSE, yet now I can't.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
HJTesting said:
Yes, I've tried the SDHC via IOS249rev14 & IOS249rev16 and it didn't work.
Interesting. So that looks like a new warning to get oggzee to add into the next version.
I can second those results.
Rev 14 gave me the same results as rev 15 (freeze at the boot message)
rev 16 worked the first time, i played Wii sports for a few seconds, and exited through the menu.
Tried to load Zelda after that, froze at the boot message.
Powered off my console, tried to load three different games, all of them froze at the boot message.

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DMzda said:
I just tried it, but the games wont load off an SDHC card (8GB Sandisk).

Same issue here, rev50 and rev50c not workin' on SHDC load game.

It tries to boot and then it stay stuck on sdhc load screen.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
I have NO IDEA why but for what ever reason when I try playing the Sub-Space-Emissary of Brawl (Retail disc) I get a black screen that will not progress, or make sounds what so ever. I am BEYOND CERTAIN THAT I am using REV 15, and NOT rev 14. Loading from a custom channel (I think by creation of CRAP), or from the actual homebrew program of this loader, causes this. Loading from WBFS, IOS 249 (& I tried 222). I did try deleting the save data of the game (through the Wii-menu) as well.

Yet I can ironically get the 'house' menu @ this screen, but when trying either to get 2 the Wii-menu or reset, I have to unplug my Wii, to be able to turn it on again. Strangely when I check the movies section of data in Brawl, It shows the movie of 'pit watching from above', when I try to play this I get the black screen AGAIN!

I am sure I have no problems with Metroid Prime Trilogy despite not playing it for months.
Did you install the game with Rev 15? Both install and playback were broken in Rev 14, so if you installed it with that, you won't be able to play it with any other IOS. Delete the game from your drive and reinstall with Rev 15 (or IOS222) and it should start working for you if this was your problem. Otherwise, I'm at a loss. Perhaps try deleting and reinstalling anyway, you may have just gotten a random error during the rip.

QUOTE(Jeff21 @ Jan 7 2010, 01:21 AM) Hey Guys!

I use CFG with a FAT drive. Currently I´m using IOS222 installed with 38. Would there be any performance / stability raise if I would install it with "IOS38 merged with IOS37"?

What´s better?

sorry for my bad english,

jeff
Some music games (with USB peripherals) require you to have IOS37 merged into the IOS. That is the only compatibility/performance related issue I know of.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think even using something like GX to rip (& or to try to play) gives me the samething. Since I have a mostly working copy (except for Sub-Space) I do NOT want to delete the copy, incase something (later) happens that won't let it re(rip|install). I'll try ripping again on a different WBFS partition . .

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Some music games (with USB peripherals) require you to have IOS37 merged into the IOS. That is the only compatibility/performance related issue I know of.

"Ultimate I Spy" was freezing on the loading screen for me with 222 (38), I changed to 223 (38 merged with 37) and it played fine after that. I've no idea why, it's the first time I've had problems with freezing with any game.

I just thought I'd mention it since it only happened last night.
smile.gif

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blacksoul said:
DMzda said:
I just tried it, but the games wont load off an SDHC card (8GB Sandisk).

Same issue here, rev50 and rev50c not workin' on SHDC load game.

It tries to boot and then it stay stuck on sdhc load screen.
Try rev 13 of IOS 249.
It worked for me and for HJTesting.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
Tried re ripping on a separate WBFS partition (i've also tried FAT) and I got a strange error:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3222/70575749.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5308/dsc02490aw.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9048/11189784.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8387/73105739.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8510/dsc02491l.jpg

I have a MOV file if Oggzee, or Dr. Clipper/other devs wish to see the error's as they come up, albeit with some of it being a bit blurry.
Does the game work OK? Try having "ios=222-mload" in config.txt and see if you get the same problems.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
Tried re ripping on a separate WBFS partition (i've also tried FAT) and I got a strange error:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3222/70575749.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5308/dsc02490aw.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9048/11189784.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8387/73105739.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8510/dsc02491l.jpg

I have a MOV file if Oggzee, or Dr. Clipper/other devs wish to see the error's as they come up, albeit with some of it being a bit blurry.
Dr Clipper, correct me if I'm wrong, but could this be the read error warnings that Oggzee was talking about? I remember it used to stop dumping completely, but evidently it just gives warnings now. I'm not sure what it looks like, since I've yet to run into it. DLF, is your disk scratched or does it have anything you can clean off on the disk's surface?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it has scratches, I can't tell. I could try with other games, but tomorrow. The room i'm in is close to that of someone sleeping . .

D

Deleted User

I'm back to full strength with this USB loader on release 50, and it is RAWKING as always. The way Metroid Prime Trilogy plays kind of makes me sad, but I can live with it (in exchange for an almost-pristine disc, thankyouverymuch).

I'm curious to know if this loader does any kind of gameplay stat tracking? I imagine that since the Wii only knows I'm playing the Homebrew Channel, it obviously doesn't know the games I'm pulling up and playing over USB. I will admit the Nintendo Channel got me addicted to knowing my gameplay stats; guess it's the numbers geek in me. Any way for the loader to track gameplay times, etc. similar to the way the Wii message board (and thus the Nintendo Channel aggregate) does?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bananaslug79 said:
I'm back to full strength with this USB loader on release 50, and it is RAWKING as always. The way Metroid Prime Trilogy plays kind of makes me sad, but I can live with it (in exchange for an almost-pristine disc, thankyouverymuch).

I'm curious to know if this loader does any kind of gameplay stat tracking? I imagine that since the Wii only knows I'm playing the Homebrew Channel, it obviously doesn't know the games I'm pulling up and playing over USB. I will admit the Nintendo Channel got me addicted to knowing my gameplay stats; guess it's the numbers geek in me. Any way for the loader to track gameplay times, etc. similar to the way the Wii message board (and thus the Nintendo Channel aggregate) does?
Well, not just yet, but stay tuned...
ohmy.gif

(just to be clear, having it compatible with the Nintendo Channel is not something that is likely)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dlf said:

Do you have a mod chip?
Did you set the install_partition to something other than the default? (which is now game_only)

jakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello

when i start the channel forwarder it stays on a black screen.
i can install the loader by homebrew but i prefer a icon in the main menu

anyone who can help me out?

thanks

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
uberbdon said:
I'm having a problem with 3d covers. I've read a few people with the same problem. On the default layout in CFG it's fine, but when I hit down about 3-4 times to switch the view, it freezes with "invalid .png" or something to that effect. My 3d covers are in the sd:/usbloader/covers/3d Is that the right path? Also, could it just be a corrupted 3d cover, perhaps? If I use a different theme that is defaulted to 3d covers with the normal grid layout, it works fine but one of the games, final fantasy crystal bearers i believe, is all distorted, like the .png is corrupted.
just open the covers folder with thumbnail view and the 1s that dont display properly delete and redownload

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No chip, just a USB device. I have 3 WBFS partitions and one FAT (for homebrew mostly, not Wii games). I don't know about the install_only or game_only, how would I check?

D

Deleted User

Dr. Clipper said:
bananaslug79 said:
Well, not just yet, but stay tuned...
ohmy.gif
Awesome, that's all I needed to know. If you guys are possibly thinking about this or even just putting it on a "maybe" to-do list, that's good enough for me. And no, I could care less about it "integrating" with the Nintendo Channel if the loader does all the tracking and spits it out itself. I was just using that as a comparison.

Woot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome