Hacking Configurable USB Loader

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That I dont need to compress ntfs with wbfs files is ok

But I have all files in ISO format, that way I can burn them, or use them from hdd
Cause NTFS compression shrinks (wiiscrubbed) ISOs to nearly same size as wbfs format files, it would be very nice to be able to use ntfs compression with ISO's
So you have files you directly can burn AND directly play

To be able to test I need to get another hdd, therefore I asked, if someone already has tested (maybe also tested with mplayer ce)

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to compress them. You can store the .iso files on the disc but they will just have the same size as if they were compressed (if you copy them with wbfs_file/wwt). You can burn them without problems.
I guess compression will be to much for the Wii's CPU/memory/IOS to handle, I doubt it'll work.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
jhoff80 said:
Con of NTFS: This is the only app (that I know of) that can see an NTFS partition, so you can't use the same partition for Homebrew or for ROMS or anything else.
Mplayer CE uses NTFS partitions, too. And for the other stuff I have a FAT32 partition on the drive.

Ha, I almost said with the exception of Mplayer, too, but I wasn't entirely sure and couldn't be bothered to look it up that late at night.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, yeah that was my point, with NTFS instead of FAT32 you need to go back to dual partitions like with a WBFS partition. Personally for me that's not worth it, I'd rather have one big partition, even if some of the larger games need to be split to multiple files because of it.

But yeah, it definitely is a personal preference.

bxjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started using this loader yesterday, running v50. I initially put 3 .isos on a NTFS partition and it worked fine, but then I learned that I couldn't do dumps of my wii discs to NTFS. So I made a wbfs partition using WiiBackupManager.
I was able to successfully dump and then boot 2 games, Wii Sports Resort and Twilight Princess, to the wbfs partition. My problem is that now one of the the iso i had on my original NTFS partition won't load with either IOS 249 or cios 222 on the wbfs partition after transfering with WiiBackupManager. The only thing that stands out to me is that this particular iso is over 4 Gig, is that the problem? Any ideas on why is not loading?

GLiTcH

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
big time noob here, but can some one help me?
on the link on how to install, i found this;

If choosing to use your FAT partition, ensure you either use the .dol optimised for FAT (see links in What to Download above for offline installs) or add the "partition=FAT1" and "ios=222-mload" option to config.txt. It is also suggested (but not necessary) that you add "hide_hdd_info=1" to theme.txt and/or config.txt to save time (see the FAQ below for more info)

havent mess with the config on usb_loader folder...
when i launch it though i see the game but after launching game i get a black screen..

can someone post their config file for fat

thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
GLiTcH said:

If choosing to use your FAT partition, ensure you either use the .dol optimised for FAT (see links in What to Download above for offline installs) or add the "partition=FAT1" and "ios=222-mload" option to config.txt. It is also suggested (but not necessary) that you add "hide_hdd_info=1" to theme.txt and/or config.txt to save time (see the FAQ below for more info)

when i launch it though i see the game but after launching game i get a black screen..

thanks
You should just need:

CODEpartition=FAT1
ios=222-mload
hide_hddinfo=1

And if you have copied v50-fat.dol over the boot.dol file in sd:/apps/USBLoader, then you don't even need to do that. Also, ensure that the game is set to run on 222-mload on the in-game options (push 1).

Also, which game?

GLiTcH

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
GLiTcH said:

thanks
You should just need:

CODEpartition=FAT1
ios=222-mload
hide_hddinfo=1

And if you have copied v50-fat.dol over the boot.dol file in sd:/apps/USBLoader, then you don't even need to do that. Also, ensure that the game is set to run on 222-mload on the in-game options (push 1).

Also, which game?

i only tryed nsmbwii n galaxy. on both i get black screen when launching.. or do i have to wait longer/
also its set to 222-mload.
i renamed cfg50-fat.dol to boot.dol n replace it on USBLoader

btw, using a 1tb wd my book essential edition n used simple wbfs file manager 2.5 gui to convert the games

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hllywood14 said:
anyone using a seagate free agent go 320gb drive....for some reson I can't get mine to work although i am loading homebrew from it...

I think I got a 500GB Seagate Freeagent for my wife's system and it is running fine.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file v2.0
wbfs_file_2.0.zip
Included are sources and binaries for: windows, macosx and linux.
Changes:
v2.0:
* Prevent output file fragmentation by doing
file preallocation for both .wbfs and .iso files.
* id_title will accept an .iso or a .wbfs file
and will no longer print the split file names, just the ID_TITLE string
* Create GAMEID_TITLE subdirectories by default
(this was previously enabled with -d option)
To revert to previous behaviour use -b option:
* new option
-b : Use base directory for created .wbfs files
* Included updated versions of a few utility scripts in
the scripts directory:
move_dirs.bat
move_dirs.sh
resplit.bat

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
hllywood14 said:
anyone using a seagate free agent go 320gb drive....for some reson I can't get mine to work although i am loading homebrew from it...

I think I got a 500GB Seagate Freeagent for my wife's system and it is running fine.

My 1.5TB Freeagent works great. My friend has a 500GB Freeagent that also work perfectly.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
wbfs_file v2.0

the scripts directory:
move_dirs.bat
move_dirs.sh
resplit.bat
For the not so experienced users:
replace all .wbfs in the move_dirs.sh with .iso to use the script with .iso files. This works thanks to the ID_TITLE .iso support

msl124

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, I am using a USB flash drive with NTFS partition

I converted the iso to .wbfs format, and using non-fat dol to start the cfg usb loader
It can display game list, but when I try to start the game with ios222-mload it display "ios(222) mload ... [NTFS] ..." and the DVD drive glows blue and it hangs same as bootsector's problem.

Then I try to use a fat dol version, once start cfg usb loader, it displays "mounting device... please wait..." and start counting..At this moment I need to unplug the usb drive and plug it again to mount it.

I conclude that when cfg loader switching from ios249 and load ios222, USB port stop supply power to the usb drive unless you unplug and plug it again.

How can I solve this problem?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mousex said:
oggzee said:
wbfs_file v2.0

the scripts directory:
move_dirs.bat
move_dirs.sh
resplit.bat
For the not so experienced users:
replace all .wbfs in the move_dirs.sh with .iso to use the script with .iso files. This works thanks to the ID_TITLE .iso support

i'm assuming the same applies to move_dirs.bat for windows users? please confirm!

Thanks!

dpanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Q: How to create non-splitted .wbfs files?
A: Use -s 10000000000 option (or -0 option)
However such files cannot be copied to a FAT filesystem partition.
Also note, files larger than 2GB will not work in the loader,
so it's best to leave the -s option at the default value.

It's in the README.TXT of wbfs_file_2.0.zip
Might wanna update that
grog.gif

Cheers (and I'd still like to have the max number of custom favorite categories increased
wink.gif
hugs anyway)

Boy764

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
wbfs_file v2.0
Changes:
v2.0:
* Prevent output file fragmentation by doing
file preallocation for both .wbfs and .iso files.

Does this mean extract to Disk will not fragment the files? What happens if I move the Files to my external drive by hand then? Should we remake the wbfs files and let them install directly to USB-Drive to avoid fragmentation? Is there a Speed difference between fragmentet and non fragmentet files?

thanks from a happy user of your great loader.

/edit
QUOTE(ChaosEnergy @ Dec 18 2009, 06:40 PM) when i convert to wbfs file format...how to open the "image"
wiiscrubber does not work
I think you must convert them to iso first to open them........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol