laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the quick answer.
I always used wbfs_file and sometimes the loader to copy the backup from wii dvd drive.
Anyway...add -g to the line solve the problem. Thanks again.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
SilverStar said:
Don't know if it's been said in the 360+ pages, so I'll say it now: Because of this loader, I can finally play Madworld!

For a game that had the 480p support ripped out of it, it looks rather nice when played under 480p through the forced video mode option.
smile.gif

One thing I would like to see done, is for a silent channel option to be created, when using channel builders/launch forwarders such as Crap. But, one cannot have everything, if they cannot code themselves.

Cheers.
smile.gif
Wow. Several people reported that this didn't work with Madworld. I'm glad to see it does.

For anyone who wants to know, you need to go to game options for the game and set "Video=Force NTSC" and "Video Patch = All". It should then play in 480p. Choose to force NTSC even if you have a PAL machine/game.
I have a PAL machine and a PAL version of the game, applied the patches. When i start the game the warning screen briefly appears, then immediate a black screen...?
Edit: nvm... the NTSC release works with the patches applied
smile.gif

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My USB drive had 2 partitions, one on fat32 with all my files and the other one on wbfs for games. Since I created a small third partition I can't copy games from the PC to the drive, even though USB Loader shows up the games just fine and I can play them and stuff. Later came out NSMBW, so what I did was to create a .wbfs file that would boot from fat32 using configurable usb loader. I played for a week just fine, and today I turn on the wii and my fat partition shows up as a WBFS partition! And my pc can't access the files as it thinks it's wbfs or sth. But then active partition recovery shows up my previous partition just fine! with all my files! WTF is going on?

Thanks for yout help

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laurozza said:
Thanks for the quick answer.
I always used wbfs_file and sometimes the loader to copy the backup from wii dvd drive.
Anyway...add -g to the line solve the problem. Thanks again.
Hmm, if the file has been created with wbfs_file, makes me think that there might be some bug i don't know about. Can you try to reproduce the problem?
Do you still have the .iso that you used to create the .wbfs file?
Can you create a 2gb split and then convert that to a 4gb split, something like this:

:: convert the game to 2gb .wbfs:
wbfs_file.exe -2 game.iso

:: resplit to 4gb to temp directory:
mkdir temp
wbfs_file.exe game.wbfs extract_wbfs_all temp

With the same game that you encountered problems when re-splitting, that was disney think fast, right?

If you have time to test this, let me know if it gives an error again.

Oh and another idea, if that works, can you try the first step (.iso to 2gb wbfs) with the same wbfs_file that you used to create that originally, 1.5 was the last that has the default split size at 2gb-512b, so maybe try also with that, since the wbfs_file 1.6+ the -2 option uses the split size 2gb-32kb, so it is a little bit different.

Thanks for your time
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Fedex14 said:
My USB drive had 2 partitions, one on fat32 with all my files and the other one on wbfs for games. Since I created a small third partition I can't copy games from the PC to the drive, even though USB Loader shows up the games just fine and I can play them and stuff. Later came out NSMBW, so what I did was to create a .wbfs file that would boot from fat32 using configurable usb loader. I played for a week just fine, and today I turn on the wii and my fat partition shows up as a WBFS partition! And my pc can't access the files as it thinks it's wbfs or sth. But then active partition recovery shows up my previous partition just fine! with all my files! WTF is going on?
Thanks for yout help
No idea, were you using some tools to resize partitions or something?
Maybe your little brother or somebody accidentally formatted the partition to wbfs?
smile.gif

(you can disable that in the config if that is a possibility)

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

I use WBFS Manager 3 on Windows to dump .iso into a WBFS formatted drive. Is it currently possible to do the same with wiiware/virtual console games which are .wad and get it to appear in USB Configurable Loader (with the album art + coverflow)?

Also, have you wrote a guide explaining all the settings. I'm using a component cable (480p) and sometimes to quality revert back to composite..

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
@oggzee

How about making a .bat file for the jobs of sbfs_file ?
Somebody already did that back when the first versions came out. All the other jobs of wbfs_file are just executing a single command anyway, so it'd be easy enough to build them yourself. If you can't figure out the command line, just use the GUI apps that are out there.

QUOTE(davidw89 @ Nov 22 2009, 09:25 AM) Hi there.

I use WBFS Manager 3 on Windows to dump .iso into a WBFS formatted drive. Is it currently possible to do the same with wiiware/virtual console games which are .wad and get it to appear in USB Configurable Loader (with the album art + coverflow)?

Also, have you wrote a guide explaining all the settings. I'm using a component cable (480p) and sometimes to quality revert back to composite..
I don't think it's possible.

As for a guide explaining the settings: http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options. It explains why you'd use all the options and how to set them. The Configurator application described on that page also lists all the options with tool tips to help you use them and create backgrounds and so on. The app is included in the latest release of Cfg, or you can just click the link in my sig to visit the thread.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
@oggzee

How about making a .bat file for the jobs of sbfs_file ?
Somebody already did that back when the first versions came out. All the other jobs of wbfs_file are just executing a single command anyway, so it'd be easy enough to build them yourself. If you can't figure out the command line, just use the GUI apps that are out there.

I am not good at command prompt and making bat files. Moreover, the currently available bat file is old and not quite completed, while the GUI app is not trust worthy for the time being.

That is why I asked for this.

Thanks !

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you pccfatman . . . now I might actually try FAT, I'm horrible with command line, and know very little actual commands of a CL.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like this loader so far, I only have one request right now...

Can you give an option where you can disable the text on the screen?

I think its cool how you have it set up with theme 6, its the same exact one as the xbox 360, the only thing that makes it look tacky, is the text on the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to make an option where you can either enable or disable text? and just show the covers without any other text?

If that is possible, please add that in there, this loader is coming along great!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiimano said:

I think its cool how you have it set up with theme 6, its the same exact one as the xbox 360, the only thing that makes it look tacky, is the text on the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to make an option where you can either enable or disable text? and just show the covers without any other text?

If that is possible, please add that in there, this loader is coming along great!
Set the gui_text options to be fully transparent. The following is an example (and should be put into theme.txt of all your themes):

CODEgui_text_color = 00000000
gui_text_outline = 00
gui_text_shadow = 00
gui_text2_color = FFFFFF00
gui_text2_outline = 00
gui_text2_shadow = 00

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys..I asked this question back a few pages ago....but I didn't explain my question too well....I'm about to install a forwarder so I can have a channel for config loader..want to run the loader off usb hdd rather than sd card..I have files on fat partion that i need...everything where all should be...my ? is when i open wad manager1.5 to install wad...my first choice is what iso to use ( default 249)...do i use this or something different?

Thanx in advance Onad

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
wiimano said:

Set the gui_text options to be fully transparent. The following is an example (and should be put into theme.txt of all your themes):

CODEgui_text_color = 00000000
gui_text_outline = 00
gui_text_shadow = 00
gui_text2_color = FFFFFF00
gui_text2_outline = 00
gui_text2_shadow = 00

thanks man, I will have to try that out then, it just looks so much better without the text, I figure why would you need text anyway, when you already see the game cover, great loader, keep up the good work!

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright sweet, looks so much better now on blue matrix and nxe theme...one more question...

is there any way to make it save on a specific view the next time I load up the loader?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiimano said:
alright sweet, looks so much better now on blue matrix and nxe theme...one more question...

is there any way to make it save on a specific view the next time I load up the loader?
Saving global options will save your theme, gui_style and gui_rows. You could also edit config.txt either manually or with the Configurator to change those and all the other many options.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright cool, so just save options on whatever view I have it, and it will load that way next time? sounds good then!

what more will you be adding to this loader, or is this still being supported very much?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong