Country

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
is it possible to add the "big banner preview" when you select a game? I mean, like when you put a disc, and the disc channel shows the small banner, and then you click it and see the whole banner? that would be awesome

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sabin_Figaro said:
is it possible to add the "big banner preview" when you select a game? I mean, like when you put a disc, and the disc channel shows the small banner, and then you click it and see the whole banner? that would be awesome
I don't believe anybody really knows how to play them back properly. Apparently GX has the code needed but it has never been used (which sounds like rubbish to me). If somebody figures it out, I think oggzee or usptactical would be happy to add it.

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Request:

Ability to change read retries when installing from DVD.
The reason i am requesting this is that if only one read error occurs on the DVD the installation stops.

Using high quality disc's from Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R

Ps.

Yes i know i can use Wii Backup Manager but some games i don't have the backup image file for anymore.
The Wii is completely new.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Not tried this loader in a long time but seeing the new FAT support made me sit up and take notice.

So having a quick read of the (massive) thread, I think this is what I'll do for my first try of this loader.

I have a game.iso on my pc, run it through the wbfs_file app and I will get 2 files, 1 a txt (not too important) 2 a .wbfs file of the game (scrubbed down quite a bit)

Now one thing I couldn't see reading this thread (maybe I missed it) is where on my USB pendrive should I put the game.wbfs file ?
Does it need to go into the root, or can I have a folder say called "Wii Games" ?

(I'm downloading and setting up as I type, so might figure it out myself hopefully)

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Now one thing I couldn't see reading this thread (maybe I missed it) is where on my USB pendrive should I put the game.wbfs file ?
Does it need to go into the root, or can I have a folder say called "Wii Games" ?

They go in usb:/wbfs

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I recently used this loader to rip a patched & a scrubbed Mario bros from a disc and put it on my 1G flash drive, it comes up sure enough but the game is in black and white, the screen also moves from top to bottom very quickly making it unplayable. Does anyone know why this is?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If the coming US version of New Super Mario Bros. comes with the same protection as the PAL version. Can CFG Loader also play it ?

What I mean is : Is the crack region dependent ?

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendude92 said:
I have a question, I recently used this loader to rip a patched & a scrubbed Mario bros from a disc and put it on my 1G flash drive, it comes up sure enough but the game is in black and white, the screen also moves from top to bottom very quickly making it unplayable. Does anyone know why this is?
Try setting Video to Force NTSC. If that doesn't work alone, try setting Video Patch to All as well.

QUOTE(TeenTin @ Nov 13 2009, 12:36 PM) If the coming US version of New Super Mario Bros. comes with the same protection as the PAL version. Can CFG Loader also play it ?

Thanks.
I don't think anybody knows yet. The crack is based on searching the .dol for a certain string of characters, not using a particular offset into the .iso, so it should probably work.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper: Regarding the banner sounds on covers. I read earlier posts and I guess I agree. Is it possible then to allow flipping covers while in the game menu screen then? Maybe with +/- or something. That doesn't seem like it would be too hard. Like I said originally though if people don't think it's worth it then disregard.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
I don't believe anybody really knows how to play them back properly. Apparently GX has the code needed but it has never been used (which sounds like rubbish to me). If somebody figures it out, I think oggzee or usptactical would be happy to add it.

we have the code necessary to get all the images and display them. what is missing is the brlan parsing. that tells the info about image placement, animation, z-order, alpha, and probably some other important stuff. so if you want to just see a pile of the images contained in the banner just slopped on the screen, it can already be done.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
we have the code necessary to get all the images and display them. what is missing is the brlan parsing. that tells the info about image placement, animation, z-order, alpha, and probably some other important stuff. so if you want to just see a pile of the images contained in the banner just slopped on the screen, it can already be done.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. It's nice to finally get a straight answer on the issue. I knew there must be something wrong with those guys saying you already had the code.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TeenTin said:
If the coming US version of New Super Mario Bros. comes with the same protection as the PAL version. Can CFG Loader also play it ?

Thanks.

It will definatively have the same protection or a better one, but that's unlikely. The patch i wrote for NeoGamma(and PM oggzee) checks if the game is NSMB(region independant) and then searches for a pattern in the main.dol. There's a chance it will work flawlessly with the NTSC version, but there's also a chance this will mess things up further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ