Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stingray1059 said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Raziel5000 @ Oct 9 2009, 12:43 PM)
I have a 50" LG plasma tv and all of my other Pal games play just fine on my ntsc wii, but scrabble (Pal) will not play, i have triple checked my settings and nothing is working. anyone else having this issue or know a fix? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

these are my settings for scrabble PAL.

force NTSC
enable 002 fix

anyway its not a good game though compared to PSP's EA SCRABBLE. try FAMILY FEUD 2010, its the one im playing now.

thanks for the tips, it might be a bad backup. i will retry it later. but thanks for the heads up on that FAMILY FEUD 2010. i will for sure try that out!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
Ok. If you want the new Ocarina engine, i recommend copying it from NeoGamma. It's scattered over 3-4 functions in Gecko OS. You only need to take care that you load the code handler first and then Ocarina, as both are overlapping in memory. Then patch the .dol, because it does stuff to 0x1800, it either needs the code handler there, or writes something there, i forgot. Also the .dol has to be in the right place and not in a buffer when you patch it.
Thanks a lot!
I'm certain it will be much easier copying it from you!
(Not sure when I'm gonna do that though)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
Ok. If you want the new Ocarina engine, i recommend copying it from NeoGamma. It's scattered over 3-4 functions in Gecko OS. You only need to take care that you load the code handler first and then Ocarina, as both are overlapping in memory. Then patch the .dol, because it does stuff to 0x1800, it either needs the code handler there, or writes something there, i forgot. Also the .dol has to be in the right place and not in a buffer when you patch it.
Thanks a lot!

That would be a very good news for Brawl+ Players.
rolleyes.gif

OBI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys,
your loader is great!
I use it with unsiversal forwarder to load everything from HDD
smile.gif

but now, I habe a problem:
yesterday I updated my CFG to version 44, shortly after them, everything was normal, than i switched off my wii and tunred on, short time later, but the wii doesn´t started... I had to read "your systemfiles are corrupted..." after a restart, everything was okay! i have read the error 8-10 times now and i think it comes always after playing "M&S at the olimpic winter games".
what can I do to solve this problem?

my system:
Fw: 4.1, cIOS 249 rev 14, no cIOS corp

thank you for helping!

greetings OBI

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
Thanks a lot!

That would be a very good news for Brawl+ Players.
rolleyes.gif

It does not only require the new Ocarina engine, it also requires that .txt parsing code. And nobody started yet to copy that into an usb loader.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmm, where do I know the Lay-out from the first post from?
unsure.gif

OBI said:
hey guys,
your loader is great!
smile.gif

yesterday I updated my CFG to version 44, shortly after them, everything was normal, than i switched off my wii and tunred on, short time later, but the wii doesn´t started... I had to read "your systemfiles are corrupted..." after a restart, everything was okay! i have read the error 8-10 times now and i think it comes always after playing "M&S at the olimpic winter games".

my system:

thank you for helping!

greetings OBI
Thats really strange. So you say that it corrupts the sys menu after playing that game?
Can you re-install it?

OBI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
Hmmm, where do I know the Lay-out from the first post from?
unsure.gif

OBI said:
hey guys,
your loader is great!
smile.gif

my system:

thank you for helping!

greetings OBI
Thats really strange. So you say that it corrupts the sys menu after playing that game?
Can you re-install it?

Thanks for your answer!

reinstall the sysmenu!? yes, sure, I will do it tomorrow!
at first I will searching für that WAD
wink.gif

the announcement (
smile.gif
) shows up after restarting the Wii. After the first-error-start, this announcement shows up very sporadic!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OBI said:
Thanks for your answer!

wink.gif

the announcement (
smile.gif
) shows up after restarting the Wii. After the first-error-start, this announcement shows up very sporadic!
I actually meant the game, but the system menu might work too
tongue.gif

You can download the sym wad with NUS Downloader btw.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It does not only require the new Ocarina engine, it also requires that .txt parsing code. And nobody started yet to copy that into an usb loader.

is this the patch file? or does it require a txt and a patch file or what? i haven't really looked at the new gecko stuff too much.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
WiiPower said:

is this the patch file? or does it require a txt and a patch file or what? i haven't really looked at the new gecko stuff too much.

In that .txt file it's specified that where to put the Ocarina codes(as the Brawl+ codes are too big for the area 0x1800-0x3000) and specifies some memory values.

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
psyck0 said:
Hey guys,

I have a problem: I can't get the mic to work with my games. I HAVE Hermes 222 installed, merged etc to be compatible with Guitar Hero 5. I have 222 selected to use as the default IOS (except for GH5, that has 223 selected, but the mic doesn't work with ANY game). Any help please? I don't think I have the latest 222 installed, but ANY should work, right?

I also get freezes occasionally while playing Rock Band- the game freezes for 5 seconds but then continues. I thought that was supposed to be fixed with 222 as well.

Thanks!!

I used to get those 5 second freezes with v2 of Hermes cIOS. He is on v4 now, and that version does not exhibit and freeze ups for me.
It worked! Thanks!

OBI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
OBI said:
Thanks for your answer!

wink.gif

the announcement (
smile.gif
I actually meant the game, but the system menu might work too
tongue.gif

You can download the sym wad with NUS Downloader btw.

so I have reinstalled the game, but nothing is changed...
when I restarted the wii, than I must to reconnect my HDD from Wii, when I don`t do that, than I get this error... :/

so what is the problem?
frown.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. Could you add a feature where it makes a ding noise or something when a game is finished being copied over.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
I have an idea. Could you add a feature where it makes a ding noise or something when a game is finished being copied over.
Use the music option and it will mute during the install. So that way, your music starting again is your 'ding'. If a visual clue is enough, the disc slot light will also turn on when the install is finished.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm didn't know about the music option. Well ya know you can't always sit in front of your wii while a game is copying over.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the Ocarina codes, there's currently a workaround that uses only a few codes in the primary GCT file, and then loads a separate GCT file from there. I use it for Balanced Brawl, it's the only way to get it working in most USB loaders at this point, I suspect it also works with Brawl+.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: