Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, first run I got a DSI exception (pictured below). Other times it would crash in coverflow either before or after loading the images (set as default in config.txt). Interestingly, although the pointer would fail to work, the images would still continue to load, so it's not a full crash.
photo-5.jpg

I'm defaulting to IOS249 if that helps. Trying to change to IOS222/223 now to see if that's the error.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg v40b2 (beta)

online update only at the moment

NOTE: there is NO uLoader 222/223v3 support in this dol

Code:
ÂÂ 
* Minor GUI speed optimizations of rendering and cover loading

* Admin unlock by password

* Hide games from settings screen

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
40b2 works without crashing. I can see a difference in cover loading, but it seems very similar speed-wise.

Hopefully the problem with the new IOS222/223 support can be fixed soon.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's seeing ANY issues with 40b2 please let us know.

thanks!

edit: Ah thanks Dr. Clipper! Yes, the speed is probably 20-25% faster so you might not really notice it that much unless you have a lot of games.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
edit: Ah thanks Dr. Clipper! Yes, the speed is probably 20-25% faster so you might not really notice it that much unless you have a lot of games.
I see. I actually just realised that I was comparing the time to the last time I saw it, which would be 40b (stupid I know). Probably is a little faster than 39.

How do you utilise the new features? I'm currently not using simple=1 (will try it soon to check if password unlock becomes available). I can't see any option to hide games, though.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw that you edited in the methods on the previous page.

nicknacc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody else have to unplug replug in your hd everytime you boot or start a new game?
wd tb rev12

i am going to try custom rev14 soon. but any help would be greatly appreciated

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
nicknacc said:
does anybody else have to unplug replug in your hd everytime you boot or start a new game?
wd tb rev12

i am going to try custom rev14 soon. but any help would be greatly appreciated
you shouldn't use old revisions and expect help. update to rev 14 and see if the problem persists. and no, I haven't had the same problem as you.

To the developers: One little bug (or cosmetic fault): When reading about ocarina cheats; sometimes the description of those isn't fully shown (because it's too long). Perhaps figure out a nice way to line wrap it?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v40b3 (beta3)

http://sharebee.com/55dc80fb
(or online update)

Code:
Changes since 39c:

* uLoader cIOS 222/223 rev3 support
- both rev2 and rev3 are supported
- ehcmodule for rev2 is updated to uloader 2.5
- ehcmodule for rev3 is from uloader 2.8D
- external ehcmodule for rev2 has to be named: ehcmodule.elf
- external ehcmodule for rev3 has to be named: ehcmodule3.elf
ÂÂ 

Description of the new parental controls:

Code:
Additional Notes on v40b

* Added new config option (admin_lock = 0,[1]) for admin locking (i.e. Parental Mode).
ÂÂ When this setting is enabled, it will allow all screens normally locked by the 
ÂÂ simple or disable_* settings to be unlocked via a "secret" wiimote button combination.
ÂÂ In addition: when unlocked, any covers that are hidden with the hide_game option will 
ÂÂ be displayed.ÂÂTo access the unlock screen, hold the 1 button down for 5-10 seconds 
ÂÂ and the screen will appear.ÂÂAfter you see the text "Enter Code:", press the wiimote
ÂÂ buttons in the correct order.ÂÂIf you were successful, the word SUCCESS will appear 
ÂÂ on the screen.ÂÂOtherwise the word LOCKED! will appear.ÂÂThe unlock screen has a 15 
ÂÂ second timeout limit so if an incorrect (or no) password is entered, it will 
ÂÂ automatically lock.ÂÂTo set the lock back on with the original settings intact, hold 
ÂÂ the 1 button for 5-10 seconds and the lock will automatically turn on.ÂÂWhen the loader
ÂÂ is started, the lock will always be enabled, so there is no need to manually set the 
ÂÂ lock before you let the kiddies play.ÂÂ:)
ÂÂ - NOTE: this option is enabled by default.
* Added new config option (unlock_password = [BUDAH12]) to allow a custom button 
ÂÂ combination to be used for the admin_lock password.ÂÂ
ÂÂ - NOTE: The password length is limited to 10 characters.ÂÂDo NOT use quotes around the
ÂÂÂÂ password - just type what you want it to be.ÂÂE.g.ÂÂunlock_password = 12UDAB
ÂÂ - The following are the button mappings for the password: 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Up:ÂÂÂÂ U
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Down:ÂÂ D
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Right:ÂÂR
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Left:ÂÂ L
ÂÂÂÂÂÂB button:ÂÂÂÂ B
ÂÂÂÂÂÂA Button:ÂÂÂÂ A
ÂÂÂÂÂÂMinus button: M
ÂÂÂÂÂÂPlus button:ÂÂP
ÂÂÂÂÂÂHome button:ÂÂH
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ1 button:ÂÂÂÂ 1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ2 button:ÂÂÂÂ 2
* Automatically hide uLoader's CFG entry, so hide_game=__CF is no longer needed.
* Added new option on the Game Options screen called "Hide Game".ÂÂThis allows you
ÂÂ to set which games are hidden when the admin lock is LOCKED.ÂÂIn order to see this 
ÂÂ option, admin_lock must be enabled (which it is by default) AND the admin lock must 
ÂÂ be in an unlocked state!
ÂÂ - NOTE: this functionality completely replaces the hide_game option, but they CAN 
ÂÂÂÂ be used together.ÂÂAny games currently listed in hide_game will ALWAYS be marked 
ÂÂÂÂ as hidden by default in Game Options and cannot be unhidden until they are removed 
ÂÂÂÂ from hide_game.ÂÂ
ÂÂ - NOTE 2: An easy way to convert all your games in hide_game to this new functionality
ÂÂÂÂ is to start the loader with your hide_game still in config.txt and then go into
ÂÂÂÂ Game Options in any game (you may have to unlock admin lock first) and change 
ÂÂÂÂ something and save it.ÂÂAll your hide_game entries will automatically be saved.ÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ Then you can remove the hide_game entry completely from config.txt.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't expect ehcmodule fixes/support so early! I will test this thoroughly tomorrow afternoon. Every time I go out to drink something exciting happens
smile.gif

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I missing something with the admin lock?

I have added this to my config file but it still doesn't 'lock' the loader

QUOTE said:
admin_lock = 1
unlock_password = UD12H

EDIT - using 40b3

EDIT2 - right I have sorted it I still neede the 'simple' option in my config file

QUOTEAdded new config option (admin_lock = 0,[1]) for admin locking (i.e. Parental Mode)
That's not exactly right, this option allows me to come out of 'simple mode'

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right its all working fine now in the the standard blue matrix theme but with the NXE transparent theme I had on originally the parental lock doesn't work.

To fix this (incase anyone has has this problem) you have to go into the config file for that theme and remove the part that says use b button for options then all will be fine.

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v40b3 (beta3)

http://sharebee.com/55dc80fb
(or online update)

Code:
Changes since 39c:

* uLoader cIOS 222/223 rev3 support
- both rev2 and rev3 are supported
- ehcmodule for rev2 is updated to uloader 2.5
- ehcmodule for rev3 is from uloader 2.8D
- external ehcmodule for rev2 has to be named: ehcmodule.elf
- external ehcmodule for rev3 has to be named: ehcmodule3.elf
ÂÂ 

Sorry I didn't quite get yet how to use an external ehcimodule... And where to get it from. Do I still have to install the cIOS from uLoader?

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Warrior said:
QUOTE said:
Added new config option (admin_lock = 0,[1]) for admin locking (i.e. Parental Mode)
That's not exactly right, this option allows me to come out of 'simple mode'

admin_lock doesn't REPLACE simple mode or the disable_* options. It just allows you to see the screens that are locked by them. You still have to set simple or disable_* options yourself - although, that MIGHT be a good idea for an option in the global settings screen.
smile.gif
If you don't use simple or disable_* or don't hide any games then you really won't know it's even there.

And just an FYI, when you enter the unlock password it does the following: enables format disk, enables remove game, enables install game, enables game options, enables confirm game start and displays all hidden games. Unlocking reverts to whatever you previously had set up.

QUOTE(Wii Warrior @ Aug 8 2009, 04:13 AM)
Right its all working fine now in the the standard blue matrix theme but with the NXE transparent theme I had on originally the parental lock doesn't work.

To fix this (incase anyone has has this problem) you have to go into the config file for that theme and remove the part that says use b button for options then all will be fine.

Some themes (like that one and Ultimate) have the 1 and B button switched. In those cases, I believe you need to be in console mode to use admin lock.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've had a google and also tried searching the wiki, but as usual there's either too much (and not clear what is up todate) or not enough information available.

For the average joe, what does the ehcmodule support mean please?

faster loading (in games as well)?
better compatibility than IOS249? (and if so, which specific games please)?

also to oggzee and usptactical - thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for listening to all our requests and specifically for implementing two of mine (password protected 'simple mode' so you could still add games etc. without having to edit the config file and also the 'hidden' flag so you can hide games from the kids - I was originally going to suggest using the controller's buttons for entering codes - it's so old school nintendo
smile.gif
but I thought a virtual keyboard may be easier and more generic as it could also be used for other stuff).

looking forward to the revamped install game menu / options
smile.gif

this loader rocks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol