ether2802 said:
Ohh...that is why it doesn't works
laugh.gif
hope it is not permanently

sr_corsario said:
HEllo.

Thats a cISO with Snes9x GX v.4.0.9 emulator
new.gif
Games goes into SD, DVD or FAT32 partition.
Game ID: SNES9X (Cover snes9x.png)
Now you have 3 options to load a apps, HBC, Channel and now usb-loader image

Download

PD:Sorry if thats not the correct thread
Sr Corsario

Doesn't work, it just gives a code dump...!!
wacko.gif

the code dump is prob due to you having a big screen TV, force video to NTSC. try that and it should load just fine.

it is just me or is this topic in the wrong place lol...
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gd48202 said:
Awesome video! I have been following / using Configurable since the beginning, but I think I must have missed something. Oggzee, how are you able to change between the different gui styles on the fly.
Use D-pad down.

I had another interesting idea for the coverflow modes this morning. The floating back cover is nice in D-up mode, but how about if moving the Wiimote to the sides of the screen (and top/bottom) made the box rotate in the appropriate direction rather than moving to the other games as it does now. That way you could spin the box around manually and make the best use of the 3D effect
smile.gif

It also makes the shelf feature make more sense, especially if you make an option that determines the default orientation of the game box when hitting D-up. That way, the user could default to show the front of the box as they pulled it out of the shelf and spin it around themselves to see the back.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Edit: @usptactical

I had another interesting idea for the coverflow modes this morning. The floating back cover is nice in D-up mode, but how about if moving the Wiimote to the sides of the screen (and top/bottom) made the box rotate in the appropriate direction rather than moving to the other games as it does now. That way you could spin the box around manually and make the best use of the 3D effect
smile.gif

It also makes the shelf feature make more sense, especially if you make an option that determines the default orientation of the game box when hitting D-up. That way, the user could default to show the front of the box as they pulled it out of the shelf and spin it around themselves to see the back.

This is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
smile.gif

Just need to finish up parental lock and I'll try it out.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my 500GB Free Agent Go there was a utility from Seagate that turned off Power Management for the drive, maybe you want to try that?

zektor said:
I have a question in regards to HD spin up (not spin down):

I have a Seagate Freeagent Desk 1TB drive. It works fine with the Wii, but has a strange spin up thing about it. When I load USBLoaderCFG, the countdown starts with "1", and that "1" stays there for almost 10 seconds before it finally displays the games on the drive. Not a big deal at all mind you, but I am just curious as to why. I hear the drive "click" (turn on/spin up) right before displaying the games.

I tried some other loaders to see what the result is with these and this drive. USBLoaderGX (latest revision) just craps out, gives me a screen regarding my "slow" usb device, and never actually makes it to the menu. An older version (549 I think) is almost as fast with detection and spin up as CFG, and the games come right up shortly after. So, something is seriously borked with the latest GX...but I don't care since this was only a test and I'll never use GX anyway
smile.gif

I then tested Uloader with it. Uloader sits for nearly a minute before I hear the "click" and the drive goes in to the games afterward as usual. Wow...

So, I guess my question is, what makes CFG so good in my drive detection/spinup?
smile.gif
And ultimately, do you think there is a way to speed up the USB drive startup time? It is already quicker than the other loaders in this respect, so *something* is happening in the beginning initialization that CFG is doing better than the others. It's almost like to is sending the command to "wake up" the usb port faster...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HostileJava said:
For my 500GB Free Agent Go there was a utility from Seagate that turned off Power Management for the drive, maybe you want to try that?

zektor said:
I have a question in regards to HD spin up (not spin down):

I have a Seagate Freeagent Desk 1TB drive. It works fine with the Wii, but has a strange spin up thing about it. When I load USBLoaderCFG, the countdown starts with "1", and that "1" stays there for almost 10 seconds before it finally displays the games on the drive. Not a big deal at all mind you, but I am just curious as to why. I hear the drive "click" (turn on/spin up) right before displaying the games.

I tried some other loaders to see what the result is with these and this drive. USBLoaderGX (latest revision) just craps out, gives me a screen regarding my "slow" usb device, and never actually makes it to the menu. An older version (549 I think) is almost as fast with detection and spin up as CFG, and the games come right up shortly after. So, something is seriously borked with the latest GX...but I don't care since this was only a test and I'll never use GX anyway
smile.gif

I then tested Uloader with it. Uloader sits for nearly a minute before I hear the "click" and the drive goes in to the games afterward as usual. Wow...

So, I guess my question is, what makes CFG so good in my drive detection/spinup?
smile.gif
And ultimately, do you think there is a way to speed up the USB drive startup time? It is already quicker than the other loaders in this respect, so *something* is happening in the beginning initialization that CFG is doing better than the others. It's almost like to is sending the command to "wake up" the usb port faster...

No, I have already done that. It is just the initial drive "wake up" that is the issue. Once it "clicks" and is awake, it is awake until I power down the Wii. It does not go into any kind of sleep mode after this. So, when I turn on the Wii and boot USBLoaderCFG, I get that "1" on the count, it takes 10 seconds (or so), the drive "clicks" (or does it's initial spin up) and the games show up. If I exit the loader back to the Wii menu, leave it there for as long as I want, and then go back into the loader, there is no count and it immediately shows the games.

It is like the drive is not awoken until that first boot of the loader, and then it is on permanently (or until power off). So, the loader sends some signal to the USB which in turn kicks on the drive. It is just odd. It works, so I am not complaining, but I was just wondering if anybody knows why it would act this way.

Krata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a source code repository for this loader? I'm interested in taking my 'best shot' (although I'm a crappy programmer but can hack away pretty well) of merging usbstorage2.c from uLoader 2.8D to achieve better hard drive support. If not, would any of the devs be willing to do so?

Thanks.

pcfree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
pcfree said:
oggzee said:
cfg v39 (release)

http://sharebee.com/4dcc912e
(or online update)

Thanks! Now cfg39 and 39c work fine again for my SDHC with WBFS@2nd partition.

@oggzee
I have one more question regarding SDHC loading. Now my Transcend SDHC 16GB works fine with cIOS249 rev10 + cfg39 ro 36d and before. However, when I install cIOS249 rev14 or cIOS222, the cfg loader successfully mounts the FAT32 of my SDHC to retrieve config.txt and background.png but fails to mount WBFS@2nd partition with 30 secs timeout. This card has hardware compatibile issues with BootMii and HBC 1.0.3. But it seems not a hardware issue for cfg+cIOS rev14 as FAT32 part could be mounted. Is it a cIOS's bug? Could it be fixed in cfg loader w/o waiting for future cIOS update? Currently I keep using cIOS rev10. I am afraid sometimes I may need new cIOS to support new things.

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
isoptera4 said:
Takoru said:
PNo4 said:
gizmomelb said:
also I have a request that the console mode (where the options and confirmation to play the game etc. are all displayed) should show the CD artwork, not the cover artwork. (to me it makes sense to display the cover CD artwork here, we've already decided what game to play by browsing the covers, we're possibly just fine tuning the options before we actually play the game).

I already do this (since I use the new Flow GUI-modes only)

add:

cover_style = disc
covers_size = 160, 160

In the theme.txt and when going to console mode after pressing A the disc/cd artwork will show in console mode. =)
...It would be also great if the disc covers would spin, if you klick a game.

Agreed. That is one of my favorite features in USB Loader GX.

I also vote for the spinning disc covers

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little request/idea that I found functional in Uloader in my tests today:

Game renaming.

It would be great to rename those oddball named titles from within the loader
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
I have a little request/idea that I found functional in Uloader in my tests today:

Game renaming.

smile.gif
Is it really that hard to go and edit title.txt on your own?

In any case, it's probably better to implement WiiTDB (which oggzee has said is on his list) as that would provide the definitive names for most games.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
zektor said:

Game renaming.

smile.gif
Is it really that hard to go and edit title.txt on your own?

In any case, it's probably better to implement WiiTDB (which oggzee has said is on his list) as that would provide the definitive names for most games.

Is it really that hard to update your .dol by downloading it on your PC and copying it to the card? Is it really that hard to download your screenshots with your WBFS manager on the PC and copy them to the SD card? Get my point?

*None* of it is hard. Adding these features add convenience and make the loader more functional/robust. I don't want to appear as if I am biting your head off, but when you respond that way it appears as if you are calling me "lazy"...of which I am most certainly not.

As for the database, yeah, it is a nice idea. Although, I like to be in charge of the naming in most cases. I noticed the database you mention makes use of colons in any title name that may require it. This poses a problem for extraction. If I were to attempt to extract a game from the WBFS drive over to my NTFS drive under Windows, it will not work because of the incorrect volume label syntax....unless the manager used changes the syntax to a Windows friendly filename on the fly.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Is it really that hard to update your .dol by downloading it on your PC and copying it to the card? Is it really that hard to download your screenshots with your WBFS manager on the PC and copy them to the SD card? Get my point?

*None* of it is hard. Adding these features add convenience and make the loader more functional/robust. I don't want to appear as if I am biting your head off, but when you respond that way it appears as if you are calling me "lazy"...of which I am most certainly not.
Sorry if I came off rash. Didn't really mean it that way but I definitely see how that could come across. I should have added my reasoning here. To add title renaming to Cfg involves an additional option on the options page for the game, an on-screen keyboard, a pointer to start appearing in the console mode so the on-screen keyboard could be used and file I/O to modify titles.txt. Most of those are fairly easy, but there is quite a bit of debugging that would need to go into them when this is a feature that has a technique to do the same action with only a little more effort via the PC.

The other day, when I needed to modify the title of Wii Sports Resort, I just fired up FTPii, went to my PC, navigated directly to the titles.txt directory and edited the file to add a proper name for Wii Sports Resort and also touched up a few other games. Yes, this is a longer process than if title renaming were in, but not that much longer (especially with needing to fiddle with the on-screen keyboard). This is a feature that will probably only ever be used once per game (and many games don't need it at all), so I'd prefer oggzee and usptactical to work on those other features that don't have simple workarounds or that make frequently used functions better.

I've probably gone on too long about this, but I just wanted to clarify my point from earlier and I was way too terse then.

QUOTEAs for the database, yeah, it is a nice idea. Although, I like to be in charge of the naming in most cases. I noticed the database you mention makes use of colons in any title name that may require it. This poses a problem for extraction. If I were to attempt to extract a game from the WBFS drive over to my NTFS drive under Windows, it will not work because of the incorrect volume label syntax....unless the manager used changes the syntax to a Windows friendly filename on the fly.
The database would only affect the title in the loader and not the one stored in the game image, so this isn't an issue, is it? It just provides an alternative name to the loader, instead of using titles.txt. At least, that's where I assume WBFS managers get their game names from. The only use I ever had for one was back when we had to extract the alt .dols manually.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sorry if I came off rash. Didn't really mean it that way but I definitely see how that could come across.

No problem. It is sometimes quite difficult to get the meaning/feeling of what somebody is saying through text
smile.gif
No harm done...

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Aug 7 2009, 05:00 PM) The database would only affect the title in the loader and not the one stored in the game image, so this isn't an issue, is it? It just provides an alternative name to the loader, instead of using titles.txt. At least, that's where I assume WBFS managers get their game names from. The only use I ever had for one was back when we had to extract the alt .dols manually.

Oh, ok. I guess I was assuming that the database would actually adjust the name of the stored WBFS image, but now understand that all it would really do is add itself to the titles.txt. Still, I would like to be able to manipulate the actual game image filename....and ultimately the header. Well, just an idea
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v40b (beta)

EDIT: removed.

Code:
 * uLoader cIOS 222/223 rev3 support
- both rev2 and rev3 are supported
- ehcmodule for rev2 is updated to uloader 2.5
- ehcmodule for rev3 is from uloader 2.8D
- external ehcmodule for rev2 has to be named: ehcmodule.elf
- external ehcmodule for rev3 has to be named: ehcmodule3.elf
ÂÂ 
* Minor GUI speed optimizations of rendering and cover loading

* Admin unlock by password

* Hide games from settings screen

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ Don't download from the link above!! ^^^

*** Attention Parents!!! ***

Code:
Additional Notes on v40b

* Added new config option (admin_lock = 0,[1]) for admin locking (i.e. Parental Mode).
ÂÂ When this setting is enabled, it will allow all screens normally locked by the 
ÂÂ simple or disable_* settings to be unlocked via a "secret" wiimote button combination.
ÂÂ In addition: when unlocked, any covers that are hidden with the hide_game option will 
ÂÂ be displayed.ÂÂTo access the unlock screen, hold the 1 button down for 5-10 seconds 
ÂÂ and the screen will appear.ÂÂAfter you see the text "Enter Code:", press the wiimote
ÂÂ buttons in the correct order.ÂÂIf you were successful, the word SUCCESS will appear 
ÂÂ on the screen.ÂÂOtherwise the word LOCKED! will appear.ÂÂThe unlock screen has a 15 
ÂÂ second timeout limit so if an incorrect (or no) password is entered, it will 
ÂÂ automatically lock.ÂÂTo set the lock back on with the original settings intact, hold 
ÂÂ the 1 button for 5-10 seconds and the lock will automatically turn on.ÂÂWhen the loader
ÂÂ is started, the lock will always be enabled, so there is no need to manually set the 
ÂÂ lock before you let the kiddies play.ÂÂ:)
ÂÂ - NOTE: this option is enabled by default.
* Added new config option (unlock_password = [BUDAH12]) to allow a custom button 
ÂÂ combination to be used for the admin_lock password.ÂÂ
ÂÂ - NOTE: The password length is limited to 10 characters.ÂÂDo NOT use quotes around the
ÂÂÂÂ password - just type what you want it to be.ÂÂE.g.ÂÂunlock_password = 12UDAB
ÂÂ - The following are the button mappings for the password: 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Up:ÂÂÂÂ U
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Down:ÂÂ D
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Right:ÂÂR
ÂÂÂÂÂÂD-Pad Left:ÂÂ L
ÂÂÂÂÂÂB button:ÂÂÂÂ B
ÂÂÂÂÂÂA Button:ÂÂÂÂ A
ÂÂÂÂÂÂMinus button: M
ÂÂÂÂÂÂPlus button:ÂÂP
ÂÂÂÂÂÂHome button:ÂÂH
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ1 button:ÂÂÂÂ 1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ2 button:ÂÂÂÂ 2
* Automatically hide uLoader's CFG entry, so hide_game=__CF is no longer needed.
* Added new option on the Game Options screen called "Hide Game".ÂÂThis allows you
ÂÂ to set which games are hidden when the admin lock is LOCKED.ÂÂIn order to see this 
ÂÂ option, admin_lock must be enabled (which it is by default) AND the admin lock must 
ÂÂ be in an unlocked state!
ÂÂ - NOTE: this functionality completely replaces the hide_game option, but they CAN 
ÂÂÂÂ be used together.ÂÂAny games currently listed in hide_game will ALWAYS be marked 
ÂÂÂÂ as hidden by default in Game Options and cannot be unhidden until they are removed 
ÂÂÂÂ from hide_game.ÂÂ
ÂÂ - NOTE 2: An easy way to convert all your games in hide_game to this new functionality
ÂÂÂÂ is to start the loader with your hide_game still in config.txt and then go into
ÂÂÂÂ Game Options in any game (you may have to unlock admin lock first) and change 
ÂÂÂÂ something and save it.ÂÂAll your hide_game entries will automatically be saved.ÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ Then you can remove the hide_game entry completely from config.txt.

markymark2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great loader, great support, keep up the good work.

i am trying to keep things simple for the kids, can i boot this loader straight from the bootmii program instead of going through HBC?

thanks

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
oggzee said:
cfg v40b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/89fd214d
(or online update)

Code:
 * uLoader cIOS 222/223 rev3 support
- both rev2 and rev3 are supported
- ehcmodule for rev2 is updated to uloader 2.5
- ehcmodule for rev3 is from uloader 2.8D
- external ehcmodule for rev2 has to be named: ehcmodule.elf
- external ehcmodule for rev3 has to be named: ehcmodule3.elf
ÂÂ 
* Minor GUI speed optimizations of rendering and cover loading

* Admin unlock by password

* Hide games from settings screen

Where get "rev2 ehcmodule.elf"??

I download it from uloader2.5?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kavid said:
Where get "rev2 ehcmodule.elf"??

I download it from uloader2.5?
Yes, but why bother? The rev3 version will be better off. The rev2 one is almost certainly named that way to be backwards compatible for people that are already using it.

QUOTE(markymark2 @ Aug 8 2009, 12:37 PM) great loader, great support, keep up the good work.

i am trying to keep things simple for the kids, can i boot this loader straight from the bootmii program instead of going through HBC?

thanks
You can get BootMii to autoboot to the HBC, but not to anything else. If you want to boot directly to the loader, install Preloader and autoboot to Narolez' forwarder .dol from the first post. You should also set BootMii to autoboot to the system menu (which will actually go to Preloader) or just change the name of the BootMii folder on your SD card to avoid it.

@oggzee, usptactical... Brilliant work once again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys