Hacking Configurable USB Loader

dove_g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is it possible to play Gamecube games without original disc and without Gamecube controller and memory cards?
Thank you for you reply.

I suppose not, but anyway, tnx for reply.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to play Gamecube games without original disc and without Gamecube controller and memory cards?
Thank you for you reply.

I suppose not, but anyway, tnx for reply.
Yes, you can.
- With DM(L) you can run run the games off of USB or SD without having the original disk. (You can have it save to SD or USB instead of a mem card, too, but it's not perfect. Some games don't work with that part.)
- With Devolution you can run it off of USB or SD without having to use the original disk every time. In this case, though, you do have to show it that you HAVE the original disk JUST the first time you want to play it. (You can save without a memory card on SD or USB and it practically works with every game.)
- With a cMIOS if your Wii is old enough to be able to read burned disks you can play a copy of GC games burned onto a DVD-R disk. (You HAVE to save with a real memory card, though.)
- There's also something called cBC-NMM that can let you save to SD wile using a REAL GameCube ORIGINAL game disk ... but it's even less compatible than with the DM(L) version of saving to SD/USB.

In ALL cases, so far, you have to use a real GameCube controller. Devolution is working on that problem but it's not done yet.
Take your pick.

dove_g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, you can.
- With DM(L) you can run run the games off of USB or SD without having the original disk. (You can have it save to SD or USB instead of a mem card, too, but it's not perfect. Some games don't work with that part.)

With DM(L) I can't play because I don't have GC controller, right?

- With Devolution you can run it off of USB or SD without having to use the original disk every time. In this case, though, you do have to show it that you HAVE the original disk JUST the first time you want to play it. (You can save without a memory card on SD or USB and it practically works with every game.)

With Devolution I can't play because I don't have original discs neither.

- With a cMIOS if your Wii is old enough to be able to read burned disks you can play a copy of GC games burned onto a DVD-R disk. (You HAVE to save with a real memory card, though.)

Don't have memory card either.

In ALL cases, so far, you have to use a real GameCube controller. Devolution is working on that problem but it's not done yet.
Take your pick.

Hm, as far as I understand I can't play Gamecube games at all.
Because I don't have (GC controller AND original disc AND memory card), not OR, but AND.

Am I right? Tnx.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
With DM(L) I can't play because I don't have GC controller, right?

With Devolution I can't play because I don't have original discs neither.

Don't have memory card either.

Hm, as far as I understand I can't play Gamecube games at all.
Because I don't have (GC controller AND original disc AND memory card), not OR, but AND.

Am I right? Tnx.
if you had a GC controller you could play SOME games with DM(L) as long as it's a game the mem card emulation worked with but for now, no, you don't have enough equipment to play any of them.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been trying to download covers for the Gamecube games I've stored on the HDD. Doing it one by one is tedious but whenever I tried to go to the, "download all missing covers" it downloads fine for a few seconds and then freezes when it's downloading the HQ version. At first I thought it was my cheap 2gb SD card but switching to a class 4 micro SD card and adapter still does the same problem. Anyone have any suggestions as to why it's doing this?

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you install mighty.dol (via the plugins setting in the CFG global settings), and then set up an emulated NAND on either SD or USB. USB is default, if you prefer SD then you can set the location in the configuration file. Just use ShowMiiWads to install the wiiware (ripped from your backed-up NAND and legally purchased, of course) to your emulated NAND. Piece of cake :D

Reactions: AmitZ

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yes, if you install mighty.dol (via the plugins setting in the CFG global settings), and then set up an emulated NAND on either SD or USB. USB is default, if you prefer SD then you can set the location in the configuration file. Just use ShowMiiWads to install the wiiware (ripped from your backed-up NAND and legally purchased, of course) to your emulated NAND. Piece of cake :D
First of all thanks for the reply.
Now I've been out of the loop for something like two years so I have no idea what's that emulated NAND and stuff. I assume it's SNEEK or something like that right?
Anyway I'll do some tinkering, hope I'll be successful.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I've been out of the loop for something like two years so I have no idea what's that emulated NAND and stuff. I assume it's SNEEK or something like that right?
It's basically the same as SNEEK, but instead of actually booting the NAND, it just accesses the files. You can either build a fresh NAND with ModMii, or use an extracted NAND backup from your own console. Supposedly using a fresh one from ModMii has a higher compatability rate, but in my personal experience with one console (for what it's worth), I found the exact opposite to be true.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not exactly, SNEEK (or NEEK2O) is just a way to use emunand, with sneek it is LIKE you are working from the system menu, when actually you are working from emunand. Another way to use emunand is the mighty plugin, if you use USBloader GX or Wiiflow you can access emunand directly from the loader. Also there is Triifroce and Uloader (and some ubscure ones) that you could use before the usb loaders were able to use emunand.

And to add to ayreks comment, there are even more ways to extract a NAND, and the ones extracted from within the usbloaders work very good too, the advantage of this way is that is extracted with the D2X cios (i presume you have it installed already) which also handles the wiiware / vc if you start them from a loader.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to add to ayreks comment, there are even more ways to extract a NAND, and the ones extracted from within the usbloaders work very good too, the advantage of this way is that is extracted with the D2X cios (i presume you have it installed already) which also handles the wiiware / vc if you start them from a loader.
Does CFG offer to extract a NAND? I've used it in WiiFlow, but I've never seen the option to in CFG, though it's entirely possible I've just missed it.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configurable is making me reverify discs for devolution every time, is there any fix for this? also how do you get devo's memcard emulation to work with configurable I put the memcard.bin in usb-loader on my SD card but the games don't recognize it

JSamide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with Monstor Hunter tri. It loads all the way to where I choose "solo" Then it black screens and emmitts a high pitch squeel. Any thoughts guys?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question... I think.

I recently decided to start using CFG's built-in Devolution functionality to play GC backups, rather than the standalone launcher.

However, when I move my memcard.bin file to sdcard:\usb-loader\, I am told that the memory card is corrupt in game (any game).

Formatting the "card" allows me to save and load normally with no problems, but upon opening the new memcard.bin on my PC, I see that the file itself is completely blank.

I was wondering if the saves were actually stored somewhere else and the blank memcard.bin was being used as a placeholder.

If so, where are the actual saves stored and how would I go about transferring my saves?

I'd rather not start all my games over... I guess I'll just use my actual memory card for the time being.

I am currently using v70r50 with the latest version of devolution's loader.bin and cIOS 250[57]-d2x-v10 if that matters.

Thank you in advance!

I am having the same problem on v70r51

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans